[News] Touchscreen Hack Demonstrated for Asus Eee - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Touchscreen Hack Demonstrated for Asus Eee - Linux ; Asus Eee Pc with touch screen ,----[ Quote ] | Should you do it? Yes! If you need any help, just ask. `---- http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/2007/1...ch-screen.html Recent: Compiz Fusion and a WiiMote! * ,----[ Quote ] | Here is a video of ...

  1. [News] Touchscreen Hack Demonstrated for Asus Eee

    `----

    http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/2007/1...ch-screen.html

    Recent:

    Compiz Fusion and a WiiMote! *

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Here is a video of our beloved Compiz Fusion being controlled by a WiiMote.
    `----

    http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2007/...and-a-wiimote/

    Episode III

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As a special treat, I present episode III of FusionCast. It's a no-talking
    | episode, but it features Freescale, Shelf, and Freewins, and a few less known *
    | features of these three new(ish) plugins.
    `----

    http://fusioncast.blogspot.com/2007/12/episode-iii.html

    Related:

    Fear and Loathing in Cupertino

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It wasn't until later, giving the same presentation at Linux World that
    | I'd missed giving at the Apple show, that I realized that Apple were
    | scared of the SuSE Linux desktop I was using. They didn't want
    | customers to see anything other than Apple-badged everything at
    | their show. Especially if it was something better. They were
    | scared of their customers even seeing a choice.
    `----

    http://www.tuxdeluxe.org/node/175

    WiiMote with WDM / Ubuntu / Beryl / Candles

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Quick demo showing WiiMote running on Edgy with the WDM driver
    | controlling the desktop cube.
    `----

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALqduQfm09c

    Rotating the compiz cube using a Wiimote

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    http://blino.org/blog/mandriva/wiimote-compiz.html

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | For the first time, you can hit your computer and get a meaningful
    | response! Using Linux and the Hard Drive Active Protection System
    | (HDAPS) kernel drivers, you can access the embedded accelerometers on
    | Lenovo (formerly IBM) ThinkPads, then process the accelerometer data
    | to read specific sequences of "knocking" events -- literally rapping on
    | the laptop case with your knuckles -- and run commands based on those
    | knocks. Double tap to lock the screen, and knock in your secret code
    | to unlock. Tap the display lid once to move your mp3 player to the
    | next track. The possibilities are endless.
    `----

    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...kBasedCommands

    Christmas Wii-remote xmms hack

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Well I got this nice christmas present a Wii remote!
    |
    | But I don't own a Wii console. So I hacked away in edubuntu linux
    | and got it to control my xmms mp3 player.
    `----

    http://walter.schreppers.com/

    Linux Live CD is in development for the Wii

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | WiiLi will be based off MandrivaONE, you can expect it to look like this...
    `----

    http://www.nwiizone.com/nintendo-wii...t-for-the-wii/

    FlightGear + Wiimote

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | With thanks to WMD, you could use the Wiimote under Linux fairly easily.
    | For those who don't know Wiimote talks to the Wii console via bluetooth.
    | So it works with any computer with bluetooth as well.
    `----

    http://pigeond.net/?cat=flightgear&comments=fg-wiimote

  2. Re: [News] Touchscreen Hack Demonstrated for Asus Eee

    * Roy Schestowitz fired off this tart reply:

    > Asus Eee Pc with touch screen
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Should you do it? Yes! If you need any help, just ask.
    > `----
    >
    > http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/2007/1...ch-screen.html

    Aggh, he put XP on it! And enjoys it!!!

    Yeah, that's greating really close to my "computer book" machine
    (subbing Linux for XP, of course!)

    --
    Tux rox!

  3. Re: [News] Touchscreen Hack Demonstrated for Asus Eee

    * Linonut fired off this tart reply:

    > Yeah, that's greating really close to my "computer book" machine

    ^^^^^^^^ (and I wasn't even drinkin'!)

    --
    Tux rox!

  4. Re: [News] Touchscreen Hack Demonstrated for Asus Eee

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > Asus Eee Pc with touch screen
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Should you do it? Yes! If you need any help, just ask.
    > `----
    >
    > http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/2007/1...ch-screen.html

    Great hack. And look.... he's running Microsoft Windows XP on his Asus Eee.
    Linux probably didn't have drivers for the touchscreen he bought.

  5. Re: [News] Touchscreen Hack Demonstrated for Asus Eee

    Linonut espoused:
    > * Roy Schestowitz fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> Asus Eee Pc with touch screen
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Should you do it? Yes! If you need any help, just ask.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/2007/1...ch-screen.html

    > Aggh, he put XP on it! And enjoys it!!!

    Doh!

    > Yeah, that's greating really close to my "computer book" machine
    > (subbing Linux for XP, of course!)

  6. Re: [News] Touchscreen Hack Demonstrated for Asus Eee

    ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 31 December 2007 14:17 : \____

    > Linonut espoused:
    >> * Roy Schestowitz fired off this tart reply:
    >>
    >>> Asus Eee Pc with touch screen
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/2007/1...ch-screen.html

    >> Aggh, he put XP on it! And enjoys it!!!

    > Doh!

    Have you not seen these machines running KDE 4 and Compiz-Fusion? The owners
    enjoyed this a lot and it cost them $0.

    >> Yeah, that's greating really close to my "computer book" machine
    >> (subbing Linux for XP, of course!)

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | < http://debian.org >
    17:20:01 up 21 days, 6:08, 4 users, load average: 0.16, 0.38, 0.70