Firefox 3.0 Beta 2 Is A Win For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has released the latest beta of Firefox 3 today, and the Linux
| efforts behind it are starting to show even more. This release, being a beta,
| is surprisingly stable. Here’s the killer that makes this beta release
| amazing: true GTK support.
`----

http://fosswire.com/2007/12/20/firef...win-for-linux/

Closer Look: Firefox 3 Beta 2 Release

,----[ Quote ]
| Other touted features new to this beta release include better handling of the
| programs memory which will improve system and browser performance and a
| feature called Place Organize which allows you to more easily organize and
| search through bookmarks and browsing history.
`----

http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/006096.html

So When Does the Final Version of Firefox 3 Arrive?

,----[ Quote ]
| According to the notes from the Mozilla status meeting on Tuesday, December
| 18th, the code freeze date for Firefox 3 Beta 3 will be January 22, 2008.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/20...n-does-th.html

Yesterday:

Firefox 3 Beta 2 - faster and easier to navigate

,----[ Quote ]
| I've just downloaded and had a casual fool around with Firefox 3 Beta 2 and
| I'm told that it has approximately 900 improvements over the previous beta,
| including fixes for stability, performance, memory usage, platform
| enhancements and user interface improvements. However, what it boils down to
| is that it's even faster than the Beta 1 version and it is even easier to
| navigate. ¬* ¬*
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15865/1023/

Firefox 3 Beta 2 review

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has released the Firefox 3 Beta 2. As expected, this release is more
| about polishing the long list of features and improvements introduced during
| the previous nine milestones (eight alphas and a beta). But, as usual,
| there‚Äôs room for some noticeable changes. ¬*
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2007/12/f...beta-2-review/

Firefox 3 beta 2 Arrives with More Speed and Fewer Bugs

,----[ Quote ]
| The speed is phenomenal compared to Firefox 2 and with the second beta out
| the door Firefox 3 is shaping up to be the best browser since, well, Firefox
| 2. ¬*
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/20...ox-3-beta.html

First look: Firefox 3 beta 2 officially released

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, it's another very impressive release that reflects the
| rapidly-growing robustness of Firefox 3. I've been using the nightly builds
| as my primary browser for some time, and I've been very happy with many of
| the new features. The quality of beta 1 was so high that it even managed to
| convert a few skeptics. The second beta further refines the experience and
| brings us closer to the release candidates. ¬* ¬*
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...-released.html

Mozilla QA Seeks Pre-Release Testers for Release Candidates and Developer
Builds

,----[ Quote ]
| "Our community is a valuable resource, and we hope to build a network of
| trusted testers who we can count on to help us make the web experience great ¬*
| for all of our users."
`----

http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=22780

Firefox 3 Beta 2 Arrives As Mozilla and Microsoft Jostle for Security Crown

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3 Beta 2 was released on Tuesday, featuring several new security
| features.
`----

Related:

Personas from Mozilla Labs give Firefox a sleek coat

,----[ Quote ]
| I probably won't use Personas much myself since I greatly prefer the
| unadulterated GTK look in Firefox 3, but the addon is very intriguing from a
| technical standpoint. The way that Personas takes Firefox's Internet
| capabilities and leverages theme to bring dynamic content to the Firefox ¬*
| chrome layer is very creative and it reflects a lot of possibilities that I
| had never previously considered. ¬* ¬*
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linu...x-a-sleek-coat

Update on the Firefox 3 Linux Theme

,----[ Quote ]
| Work on the new linux theme for Firefox 3 is progressing nicely due to a very
| active group of contributers. To match the operating system’s theme,
| Firefox‚Äôs navigation toolbar will use native GTK icons. ¬*
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/faaborg/2007...3-linux-theme/

‚ÄúBeautiful‚ÄĚ tab switching for Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://cybercapital.org/index.php/20...for-firefox-3/