Ecora Software Adds Oracle Enterprise Linux Reporting to Auditor Professional

,----[ Quote ]
| Ecora Software, the market-proven leader for configuration audit and
| analytics solutions, announces expanded enhancements to Ecora Auditor
| Professional(TM) that further extend its automated collection and reporting
| capabilities to include the newest generation of devices and operating
| systems being installed in enterprise environments.
`----

http://www.newsobserver.com/1566/story/840463.html

Hydrogen: Using Linux to create slick drum beats

,----[ Quote ]
| Now, because of the fact that Hydrogen is so intuitive, this description is
| going to be very short, so there will be more time for you to start creating
| your own beats, loops or songs. People who have used the pretty mediocre, but
| still popular program FruityLoops before will know exactly what to do when
| they first open the program and see the interface, but don't worry if you
| haven't, because Hydrogen is very easy to learn.
`----

http://www.onderstekop.nl/articles/118/

KDE Commit Digest - Issue 89 - 16th December 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| This Week...
| A Sonnet-based spellcheck runner, and icons on the desktop in Plasma.
| Continued work revamping KBugBuster, more work towards KDevelop 4.
| GetHotNewStuff support for downloading maps in Marble. Image and audio
| dockers in Parley. The start of Glimpse, a new scanning application based on
| libksane. The beginnings of a generic resource display framework for
| NEPOMUK...
`----

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-12-16/

A video is included.

Related:

For 2008 expect more Linux applications

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1835

,----[ Quote ]
| The first being the application availability -- there are 37,000+ available
| packages!
`----

http://jon-reagan.blogspot.com/2007/...ta-review.html

Red Hat growth: A tale of 2,000 applications

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat's Linux business continues to boom, even when we don't give it the
| credit that it deserves. What is the underlying reason for that growth?
|
| Applications.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9...bj=TheOpenRoad

Linux Will Displace Unix When It Comes To New Apps

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...onth_gart.html