Funkenbusch - proven liar, fud spreader and microsoft ass licker - Linux

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 86 of 86

  1. Re: Why does Roy ignore IBM?

    Jim Richardson espoused:

    > On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:04:32 -0800,
    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >> In article ,
    >> Jim Richardson wrote:
    >>> it's not the study that's being objected to, is my impression from the
    >>> post, but the payment for it.

    >> But it is only being objected to when MS does it, not when Sun or IBM or
    >> Apple do it. It's perfectly normal to give the participants in a
    >> usability study (or pretty much any other kind of study that takes more
    >> than a few minutes time and is done at your facility) some freebies,
    >> such as software.
    >>

    > Then your position should have been (imho) that there was nothing wrong
    > with it. Not "neener neener they do it too, jump on them"
    >

    > For me, I don't care either way, as long as all the relevant details are
    > released. I don't care that a private company tries to buy votes from a
    > consumer with freebies. That's free market. Doing same with a standards
    > body is a bit different, but is another discussion.

    You think "votes" are a marketplace thing?

  2. Re: Why does Roy ignore IBM?

    A camera can record the news, a rifle, can make it.

  3. Re: Why does Roy ignore IBM?

    On Dec 21, 12:23 am, Tim Smith
    wrote:
    > On 2007-12-21, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    > > Seattle Area Bloggers Needed for Microsoft User Research Study

    > > ,----[ Quote ]
    > >| For your participation, we'll give you your choice of retail
    > >| software and hardware from our extensive list. Current titles
    > >| include the latest Xbox, Xbox 360, and PC games, keyboards,
    > >| Microsoft Office, Windows, productivity software and much more.
    > > `----

    > How come you NEVER object when IBM or Sun or Apple do this?

    That question would be better answered by the Clinton DoJ or Neely
    Kroes, Tim.

    How come we don't object too much when one of our children are beaten
    up by one of their peers (who could be the recipient of the little
    fists on other occasion) BUT get very pissed if they are beaten by an
    adult or a child molester?

    Oh, what a bunch of hypocrites we are, shouldn't we get equally pissed
    when our teenage daughter is de-flowered by her little boyfriend as
    when she is by the 50 year old neighbor?

    -Ramon

  4. Re: Why does Roy ignore IBM?

    Jim Richardson espoused:

    > On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 15:46:17 +0000,
    > Mark Kent wrote:
    >> Jim Richardson espoused:

    >>> Then your position should have been (imho) that there was nothing wrong
    >>> with it. Not "neener neener they do it too, jump on them"
    >>>

    >>> For me, I don't care either way, as long as all the relevant details are
    >>> released. I don't care that a private company tries to buy votes from a
    >>> consumer with freebies. That's free market. Doing same with a standards
    >>> body is a bit different, but is another discussion.

    >> You think "votes" are a marketplace thing?
    >>

    > Of course they are! *everything* is a marketplace in some context. You
    > have a "marketplace of ideas" you "vote with your wallet".

    You must be talking about something else. I thought you meant votes, as
    in politics.

  5. Re: Why does Roy ignore IBM?

    In article
    ,
    Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > On Dec 21, 12:23 am, Tim Smith
    > wrote:
    > > On 2007-12-21, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > >
    > > > Seattle Area Bloggers Needed for Microsoft User Research Study

    > > > ,----[ Quote ]
    > > > `----

    > > How come you NEVER object when IBM or Sun or Apple do this?

    > That question would be better answered by the Clinton DoJ or Neely
    > Kroes, Tim.

    Why would the DoJ care about a company conducting a routine usability
    study? Are you trying to argue that because Microsoft was found to have
    monopoly power, they are not supposed to conduct usability studies?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  6. Re: Why does Roy ignore IBM?

    On Dec 31 2007, 11:23 pm, Tim Smith
    wrote:
    > In article
    > ,
    > Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >

    > > On Dec 21, 12:23 am, Tim Smith
    > > wrote:

    > > > How come you NEVER object when IBM or Sun or Apple do this?

    > > That question would be better answered by the Clinton DoJ or Neely
    > > Kroes, Tim.

    > Why would the DoJ care about a company conducting a routine usability
    > study? Are you trying to argue that because Microsoft was found to have
    > monopoly power, they are not supposed to conduct usability studies?
    >
    > --
    > --Tim Smith

    Nope. My argument had a wider scope. I have no idea about usability
    studies...

    My only point is that Micro-soft's conduct is -and/or should be- under
    a Micro-scope.

    We (society) allowed them to roam at their hearts content since 1977.
    It was good and proper for a while. They were free as a new bacterium
    in a body. They captured, reproduced and reigned.

    We have (society) have developed anti-bodies by now.

    Fool me once...
    Fool me twice...

    -RFH

+ Reply to Thread