Who seriously uses Linux here, seriously? - Linux

This is a discussion on Who seriously uses Linux here, seriously? - Linux ; On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:33:14 -0800, raylopez99 wrote: > On Dec 19, 3:18 pm, William Poaster wrote: >> http://tiny.cc/IgmKr >> >> >> The silence is deafening. >> >> > Dumb troll. > > Or drum roll? > >> >> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 101 to 103 of 103

  1. Re: Who seriously uses Linux here, seriously?

    On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:33:14 -0800, raylopez99 wrote:

    > On Dec 19, 3:18 pm, William Poaster wrote:
    >> http://tiny.cc/IgmKr

    >> > Dumb troll.

    > Or drum roll?
    >

    >> And again the dumb**** reposts its feeble troll attempt. What a wanker.
    >>

    > You're a bigger wanker for replying, toaster. If you think I'm a
    > troll and you're so smart, why don't you killfile me and go away?

    Because it's fun to point out just how stupid you make yourself look.

  2. Re: Who seriously uses Linux here, seriously?

    William Poaster espoused:
    > On Tuesday 18 Dec 2007 3:25 pm, chrisv wrote in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
    >
    >> thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com wrote:
    >>
    >>>raylopez99 wrote:

    >> Again I'm amazed that anyone engages this worthless POS troll. You
    >> answer him, and he calls you a liar and claims that what you wrote
    >> doesn't count. There is no more utterly worthless troll in this
    >> group. And that is saying something.

    > I agree. The troll should just be ignored for the worthless POS that it is.

    These kinds of discussions are really rather pointless. They might've
    had some value a decade or more ago, where linux wasn't so heavily
    used, but only this week the news that Firefox usage had hit a global
    36% really does show that open-source software is, inevitably, becoming
    the norm.

  3. Re: Who seriously uses Linux here, seriously?

    William Poaster espoused:
    > On Tuesday 18 Dec 2007 2:33 am, peterwn wrote in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
    >
    >> On Dec 18, 1:37 pm, raylopez99 wrote:
    >>

    >>> Seriously, who uses Linux for *serious* work?
    >>>
    >>> The silence is deafening.
    >>>

    >> I do.

    > So do I, I don't have any windoze PCs....nor do I *want* any.

    I've got a Windows laptop provided by work, but I've not even switched it
    on for about 4 months. I use my Nokia 800 for when I'm travelling around,
    and I use a Debian-based machine at home (from where I work) mostly,
    although I'm just in the processing of commissioning an Ubuntu machine.

    My last set of presentations were written using oo.org, it worked very
    well. My work email is with Firefox and the web interface. Attachments
    are all handled using oo.org.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6