[News] Linux Makes You Not Stupid - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Linux Makes You Not Stupid - Linux ; Mark Dodel wrote: > On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:10:14 UTC, Sinister Midget > wrote: > > -> On 2007-12-21, Linonut claimed: > -> > * DFS fired off this tart reply: > -> > -> >> If it was ...

  1. Re: Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    Mark Dodel wrote:
    > On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:10:14 UTC, Sinister Midget
    > wrote:
    >
    > -> On 2007-12-21, Linonut claimed:
    > -> > * DFS fired off this tart reply:
    > ->
    > -> >> If it was Windows 83 cola lusers would be snickering.
    > -> >
    > -> > It's a Live CD, fer cripesake.
    > ->
    > -> He'll never understand. Windross has no such concept.
    > ->
    >
    > And windoze users have no concept, or else they wouldn't be using that
    > pos.

    uh duh. My name is Gidget Dodel. uh duh.

    http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...s-live-cd.html

  2. Re: Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    William Poaster wrote:

    >chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >> A while ago, Dumfsck actually wrote that he "assumed" that a liveCD's
    >> root password of "root" was kept during the install to harddrive -
    >> possibly the most ridiculous thing that I've read in my years on
    >> usenet.

    >He *did*? What a bloody idiot he is.

    Yep, he did. A classic example of a trolling fsckwit attacking Linux
    out of pure ignorance.

    He even tried to make a "advocates are hypocrites" point out of it,
    saying "But of course you don't mention things like this" regarding
    the above idiocy.

  3. Re: Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    "Mark Dodel" writes:

    > On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:10:14 UTC, Sinister Midget
    > wrote:
    >
    > -> On 2007-12-21, Linonut claimed:
    > -> > * DFS fired off this tart reply:
    > ->
    > -> >> If it was Windows 83 cola lusers would be snickering.
    > -> >
    > -> > It's a Live CD, fer cripesake.
    > ->
    > -> He'll never understand. Windross has no such concept.
    > ->
    >
    > And windoze users have no concept, or else they wouldn't be using that
    > pos.
    >
    > Mark

    The sooner that morons like you realise that users don't give a f*ck
    about the OS, only the SW that the OS runs then the sooner you will all
    stop wasting your time stroking each other off in COLA and actaTully head
    out and help improve the poorer OSS projects.

  4. Re: Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    Hadron wrote:

    > "Mark Dodel" writes:
    >
    >> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:10:14 UTC, Sinister Midget
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> -> On 2007-12-21, Linonut claimed:
    >> -> > * DFS fired off this tart reply:
    >> ->
    >> -> >> If it was Windows 83 cola lusers would be snickering.
    >> -> >
    >> -> > It's a Live CD, fer cripesake.
    >> ->
    >> -> He'll never understand. Windross has no such concept.
    >> ->
    >>
    >> And windoze users have no concept, or else they wouldn't be using that
    >> pos.
    >>
    >> Mark

    > The sooner that morons like you realise that users don't give a f*ck
    > about the OS, only the SW that the OS runs then the sooner you will all
    > stop wasting your time stroking each other off in COLA and actaTully head
    > out and help improve the poorer OSS projects.

    So you are telling us that most OSS software is crappy, most windows
    software is immaculate ands shiny, users don't give a rats ass what OS they
    use, *and* that *you* are a linux user

    Yes. That certainly makes sense. If you are a liar
    --
    Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
    It could be worse, but it'll take time.

  5. [FUD]: Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 14:01:29 UTC, "DFS" wrote:

    -> Mark Dodel wrote:
    -> > On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:10:14 UTC, Sinister Midget
    -> > wrote:
    -> >
    -> > -> On 2007-12-21, Linonut claimed:
    -> > -> > * DFS fired off this tart reply:
    -> > ->
    -> > -> >> If it was Windows 83 cola lusers would be snickering.
    -> > -> >
    -> > -> > It's a Live CD, fer cripesake.
    -> > ->
    -> > -> He'll never understand. Windross has no such concept.
    -> > ->
    -> >
    -> > And windoze users have no concept, or else they wouldn't be using that
    -> > pos.
    ->
    -> uh duh. My name is Gidget Dodel. uh duh.
    ->
    -> http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...s-live-cd.html
    ->

    Are all windoze trolls mental defects or just the ones in COLA? You
    are an exceptionally stupid troll. I didn't make the comment about
    dipwads like you not comprehending what a live CD was. That was SM.
    I was just pointing out the fact that you are all morons. Now go back
    to your drool cup.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.warpstock.eu

  6. Re: [FUD]: Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    "Mark Dodel" writes:

    > On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 14:01:29 UTC, "DFS" wrote:
    >
    > -> Mark Dodel wrote:
    > -> > On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:10:14 UTC, Sinister Midget
    > -> > wrote:
    > -> >
    > -> > -> On 2007-12-21, Linonut claimed:
    > -> > -> > * DFS fired off this tart reply:
    > -> > ->
    > -> > -> >> If it was Windows 83 cola lusers would be snickering.
    > -> > -> >
    > -> > -> > It's a Live CD, fer cripesake.
    > -> > ->
    > -> > -> He'll never understand. Windross has no such concept.
    > -> > ->
    > -> >
    > -> > And windoze users have no concept, or else they wouldn't be using that
    > -> > pos.
    > ->
    > -> uh duh. My name is Gidget Dodel. uh duh.
    > ->
    > -> http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...s-live-cd.html
    > ->
    >
    > Are all windoze trolls mental defects or just the ones in COLA? You
    > are an exceptionally stupid troll. I didn't make the comment about
    > dipwads like you not comprehending what a live CD was. That was SM.
    > I was just pointing out the fact that you are all morons. Now go back
    > to your drool cup.
    >
    > Mark

    What made you so clever Mark? Was it the fact that both your parents
    were Brain Surgeons or the fact you were bitten by a radioactive spider
    that jumped off a recently discovered meteorite from the Galaxy Neuron?

  7. [FUD] Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 14:57:03 UTC, Hadron
    wrote:

    -> "Mark Dodel" writes:
    ->
    -> > On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:10:14 UTC, Sinister Midget
    -> > wrote:
    -> >
[...]

    But alas I am not the moron here. That would be you and the other
    mental deficient windoze trolls spewing your drool and lies all over.
    Point of fact is I can spell and all you can do is look stupid. Maybe
    Santa will bring you a bat to club yourself over the head with, so you
    can finally enjoy that WOW feeling.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.warpstock.eu

  8. Re: [FUD]: Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    Mark Dodel wrote:

    > Are

    Only assholes change subject lines.

  9. Re: [FUD] Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    "Mark Dodel" wrote in message

    > But alas I am not the moron here.

    Oh yes you are. You are either using a newsreader that is incapable of
    "reply to thread" or you are DELIBERATELY not replying to the thread. Either
    way YOU are the moron for not following Usenet Etiquette....

  10. Re: Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    On Friday 21 Dec 2007 4:18 pm, Peter Köhlmann wrote in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> "Mark Dodel" writes:
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:10:14 UTC, Sinister Midget
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> -> On 2007-12-21, Linonut claimed:
    >>> -> > * DFS fired off this tart reply:
    >>> ->
    >>> -> >> If it was Windows 83 cola lusers would be snickering.
    >>> -> >
    >>> -> > It's a Live CD, fer cripesake.
    >>> ->
    >>> -> He'll never understand. Windross has no such concept.
    >>> ->
    >>>
    >>> And windoze users have no concept, or else they wouldn't be using that
    >>> pos.
    >>>
    >>> Mark

    >> The sooner that morons like you realise that users don't give a f*ck
    >> about the OS, only the SW that the OS runs then the sooner you will all
    >> stop wasting your time stroking each other off in COLA and actaTully head
    >> out and help improve the poorer OSS projects.

    > So you are telling us that most OSS software is crappy, most windows
    > software is immaculate ands shiny, users don't give a rats ass what OS they
    > use, *and* that *you* are a linux user
    >
    > Yes. That certainly makes sense. If you are a liar

    And is *Quack* doing anything to "help improve the poorer OSS projects"? Or is
    the wintroll just whining, as usual.

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2 (64bit), PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA 3

  11. Re: [FUD]: Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:25:40 UTC, "SW" wrote:

    -> Mark Dodel wrote:
    -> >
    -> > Are
    ->
    -> Only assholes change subject lines.

    What changed subject line? The subject is the same. I prepended a
    tag so people would know I was responding to a FUDing troll. I guess
    your pos windoze reader can't handle that. Its a shame. Mine handles
    it just fine. So I guess you are the asshole for using windoze. Or
    perhaps you are just too stupid to know how to properly configure your
    news reader.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.warpstock.eu

  12. Re: [FUD] Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:35:47 UTC, "Gordon"
    wrote:

    -> "Mark Dodel" wrote in message
    -> news:cLdq6jdb1N4Q-pn2-8BGt3TCQTQtb@localhost...
    -> >
    -> > But alas I am not the moron here.
    ->
    -> Oh yes you are. You are either using a newsreader that is incapable of
    -> "reply to thread" or you are DELIBERATELY not replying to the thread. Either
    -> way YOU are the moron for not following Usenet Etiquette....
    ->

    Oh no I am not. My news reader is correct. The thread is correctly
    displayed here, regardless of the subject line. Yours must just be
    configured inproperly, but then since you use windoze its expected to
    be. Get a real news reader and you won't have problems. Or are you
    too stupid to use anything but what comes with your little pc?

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.warpstock.eu

  13. Re: [FUD] Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    "Mark Dodel" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:35:47 UTC, "Gordon"
    > wrote:
    >
    > -> "Mark Dodel" wrote in message
    > -> news:cLdq6jdb1N4Q-pn2-8BGt3TCQTQtb@localhost...
    > -> >
    > -> > But alas I am not the moron here.
    > ->
    > -> Oh yes you are. You are either using a newsreader that is incapable of
    > -> "reply to thread" or you are DELIBERATELY not replying to the thread.
    > Either
    > -> way YOU are the moron for not following Usenet Etiquette....
    > ->
    >
    > Oh no I am not. My news reader is correct. The thread is correctly
    > displayed here, regardless of the subject line. Yours must just be
    > configured inproperly, but then since you use windoze its expected to
    > be. Get a real news reader and you won't have problems. Or are you
    > too stupid to use anything but what comes with your little pc?

    I have no trouble with other threads - just yours - I'll look at it in Knode
    if you prefer and I bet I get the same result....

  14. Re: [FUD] Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    Gordon wrote:

    > "Mark Dodel" wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:35:47 UTC, "Gordon"
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> -> "Mark Dodel" wrote in message
    >> -> news:cLdq6jdb1N4Q-pn2-8BGt3TCQTQtb@localhost...
    >> -> >
    >> -> > But alas I am not the moron here.
    >> ->
    >> -> Oh yes you are. You are either using a newsreader that is incapable of
    >> -> "reply to thread" or you are DELIBERATELY not replying to the thread.
    >> Either
    >> -> way YOU are the moron for not following Usenet Etiquette....
    >> ->
    >>
    >> Oh no I am not. My news reader is correct. The thread is correctly
    >> displayed here, regardless of the subject line. Yours must just be
    >> configured inproperly, but then since you use windoze its expected to
    >> be. Get a real news reader and you won't have problems. Or are you
    >> too stupid to use anything but what comes with your little pc?
    >>

    > I have no trouble with other threads - just yours - I'll look at it in
    > Knode if you prefer and I bet I get the same result....

    Well, to save you the effort of installing and configuring linux I can
    assure you that KNode works just fine. It has no problems at all with the
    thread
    --
    Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. The answer is NO

  15. Re: [FUD] Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    On Friday 21 Dec 2007 10:34 pm, Peter Köhlmann wrote in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

    > Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> "Mark Dodel" wrote in message
    >>> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:35:47 UTC, "Gordon"
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> -> "Mark Dodel" wrote in message
    >>> -> news:cLdq6jdb1N4Q-pn2-8BGt3TCQTQtb@localhost...
    >>> -> >
    >>> -> > But alas I am not the moron here.
    >>> ->
    >>> -> Oh yes you are. You are either using a newsreader that is incapable of
    >>> -> "reply to thread" or you are DELIBERATELY not replying to the thread.
    >>> Either
    >>> -> way YOU are the moron for not following Usenet Etiquette....
    >>> ->
    >>>
    >>> Oh no I am not. My news reader is correct. The thread is correctly
    >>> displayed here, regardless of the subject line. Yours must just be
    >>> configured inproperly, but then since you use windoze its expected to
    >>> be. Get a real news reader and you won't have problems. Or are you
    >>> too stupid to use anything but what comes with your little pc?
    >>>

    >> I have no trouble with other threads - just yours - I'll look at it in
    >> Knode if you prefer and I bet I get the same result....

    > Well, to save you the effort of installing and configuring linux I can
    > assure you that KNode works just fine. It has no problems at all with the
    > thread

    Yes, works just fine here too.

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2 (64bit), PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA 3
    Linux systems: Kubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy" amd64,
    Debian 4.0, PCLinuxOS 2007.

  16. Re: [FUD] Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 22:26:51 UTC, "Gordon"
    wrote:

    -> "Mark Dodel" wrote in message
    -> news:cLdq6jdb1N4Q-pn2-D3xYibkLqxLL@localhost...
    -> > On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:35:47 UTC, "Gordon"
    -> > wrote:
    -> >
    -> > -> "Mark Dodel" wrote in message
[...]

    tap...tap...tap... so what did you discover? I'm waiting for your
    apology. :-)

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.warpstock.eu

  17. Re: [FUD]: Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    Mark Dodel wrote:

    > I prepended a
    > tag

    You changed the subject line, Dildo. Be a good little OS/2 retard and ****
    off.

  18. Re: [FUD]: Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 06:08:49 UTC, "SW" wrote:

    -> Mark Dodel wrote:
    -> >
    -> > I prepended a
    -> > tag
    ->
    ->
    -> You changed the subject line, Dildo. Be a good little OS/2 retard and ****
    -> off.
    ->

    How did I know this was from a windoze dingbat?

    Are they all so retarded or just the microserf trolls that only post
    in COLA?

    Mark
    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.warpstock.eu

  19. Re: [FUD]: Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    Mark Dodel wrote:

    > Are they all so retarded or just the microserf trolls that only post
    > in COLA?

    How was this year's WarpStock? Did you break the 2006 attendance record of
    9?

    This is rich: "The Warpstock Corporation Board of Directors accepts bids
    from potential host cities in a competitive process." LMAO! Can LaQuinta
    Inn motels compete in the bidding process? They have a 10x10 meeting room
    in the back of the laundry.

    I see you look like Santa Claus (before the diet). Well, at least you have
    seasonal employment:
    http://www.warpstock.org/mediagaller...=0&s=13&sort=0

  20. Re: [FUD]: Linux Makes You Not Stupid

    "Mark Dodel" wrote in message

    > How did I know this was from a windoze dingbat?

    > Are they all so retarded or just the microserf trolls that only post
    > in COLA?

    And you're NOT retarded because you run an obsolete OS and discontinued
    software?