[News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC - Linux ; On Thursday 20 Dec 2007 1:51 pm, Peter Köhlmann wrote in comp.os.linux.advocacy: > DFS wrote: > >> thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com wrote: >>> DFS wrote: >>>> >>>> Didja stop to consider I just don't like Linux/OSS software? And >>>> the lying "advocates" that ...

  1. Re: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On Thursday 20 Dec 2007 1:51 pm, Peter Köhlmann wrote in
    comp.os.linux.advocacy:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com wrote:

    >>> Then why do you spend so much time in a Linux advocacy forum?

    >> I like to slap little cola twerps around.
    >>

    > And you are so refreshingly unsuccessful doing that.
    > Your only achievment so far has been to show off as one of the worst idiots
    > ever to haunt cola. A lying twit, thats all you are

    Anyone who came out with an idiotic statement that "If it wasn't for Microsoft,
    you wouldn't be posting anything right now", couldn't slap his way out of a
    paper bag. All he is a lying POS, who can't see beyond Gate's arse which he
    constantly licks.

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2 (64bit), PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA 3

  2. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com wrote:

    >Kier wrote:
    >>
    >> That is a lie, and you're a fool if you believe it. Not to mention a
    >> scumball. Just because you don't have integrity, doesn't mean others don't.
    >>
    >> Let's see you PROVE Linux developers have no talent, instead of screaming
    >> out a stupid lie and wishing everyone would believe it. YOu can't remotely
    >> prove it, so don't say it.

    >Kier, chill. He is trolling. He is flinging around groundless
    >insults in an effort to provoke exactly the reaction he is getting.
    >You are better off ignoring such verbal diarrhea.

    Exactly.

    I'm dumbfounded that anyone bothers to read his garbage. What is
    there to be gained?

  3. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:11:17 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Fact #2: Linux/OSS is given away not because the developers are
    > altruistic fellows working for the "community", but because they're
    > talentless hacks who can't compete with MS developers, and nobody will
    > buy their part-time gruel.

    The GPL requires that the source be available to customers. So, you can
    sell the software (think RHEL or routers running Linux), but must make
    the source available to customers. Hence, whitebox Linux.

    -Thufir

  4. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 07:24:57 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >DFS did eloquently scribble:
    >> Fact #1: Windows beats Linux down cruelly in most ways that matter:
    >> speed,

    >Nope.

    >> consistency,

    >Biiiig deal, there's consistency within desktop environment software.
    >That's good enough.

    There's no consistency in windows. Control/f in Word to find? Try that in
    outlook.

    There's far more consistency in linux apps.

    He forgot the #1 area where windows excells:
    Making a system with 5 ghz of processor and 2 gig of ram run like a
    pentium 2.

  5. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:33:08 -0600, thad05 wrote:

    > Kier wrote:
    >>
    >> That is a lie, and you're a fool if you believe it. Not to mention a
    >> scumball. Just because you don't have integrity, doesn't mean others don't.
    >>
    >> Let's see you PROVE Linux developers have no talent, instead of screaming
    >> out a stupid lie and wishing everyone would believe it. YOu can't remotely
    >> prove it, so don't say it.

    > Kier, chill. He is trolling. He is flinging around groundless
    > insults in an effort to provoke exactly the reaction he is getting.
    > You are better off ignoring such verbal diarrhea.

    I'm thinking of dropping COLA altogether. The ****hhead liars like DFS
    make me sick.

    --
    Kier

  6. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    * Kier fired off this tart reply:

    >> Kier, chill. He is trolling. He is flinging around groundless
    >> insults in an effort to provoke exactly the reaction he is getting.
    >> You are better off ignoring such verbal diarrhea.

    > I'm thinking of dropping COLA altogether. The ****hhead liars like DFS
    > make me sick.

    Try to have fun with them instead!

    If you really do need a break from COLA, take it. Find another
    newsgroup for a different topic and relax for awhile.

    --
    Tux rox!

  7. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    * spike1@freenet.co.uk fired off this tart reply:

    > DFS did eloquently scribble:
    >> MS Visio vs Dia

    > Big deal. Age again?

    And actually, Dia is fairly powerful and generates good drawings. It
    does a lot of what Visio does. Some of how it does it is more clumsy,
    but some of it is less clumsy.

    Dia is geared out of the box for /large/ diagrams. Visio seems to be
    geared towards letter-size (A4) pages.

    Don't sell Dia short!

    >> Once again you call me a liar but can't show any lies. Typical frothing
    >> idiocy from Kier.

    > ROTFL

    It pains me to see a nice guy like Kier jeered at by that braying jackass.

    --
    Tux rox!

  8. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    * spike1@freenet.co.uk fired off this tart reply:

    > DFS did eloquently scribble:
    > Please... my sides, hand me a needle for they are about to split.
    >
    >> Fact #4: Even Linus Torvald's own family won't run Linux. Can you imagine?

    > Big deal.

    True. I'm sure none of the Ford boys drove Lamborghinis or Jags,
    either. (I can't decide, is Windows a Lamborghini or a "jag"?)

    --
    Tux rox!

  9. Re: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On 2007-12-20, spike1@freenet.co.uk claimed:
    > DFS did eloquently scribble:

    >> You were so
    >> damn greedy you risked disease and grubbed down to Nigeria to make a few
    >> bucks.

    > My my, you're also a racist **** too, terrible... Didn't think you could
    > sink much lower.

    That's been a known quantity for some time. Rapskat even teased him
    about his black boyfriend (which is probably true BTW), and their
    attendance at KKK meetings together as a "date", when DuFuS was being
    his usual prick self early on.

    Doofy was in good company, too. Flatso jumped to support his racism not
    long after the Grand Wizard started being taken to task over it.

    --
    A book worth banning is a book worth reading.

  10. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    Verily I say unto thee, that Thufir spake thusly:

    > The GPL requires that the source be available to customers. So, you
    > can sell the software (think RHEL or routers running Linux), but must
    > make the source available to customers. Hence, whitebox Linux.

    Or MySQL.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._. :*~*:.
    .. .
    .. "Remember, if Christmas isn't found in your heart, .
    .. you won't find it under a tree." ~ C. Carpenter .
    .. .
    .. Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year .
    .. .
    ..:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._. :*~*:.

  11. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    Linonut did eloquently scribble:
    > * spike1@freenet.co.uk fired off this tart reply:

    >> DFS did eloquently scribble:
    >> Please... my sides, hand me a needle for they are about to split.
    >>
    >>> Fact #4: Even Linus Torvald's own family won't run Linux. Can you imagine?

    >> Big deal.

    > True. I'm sure none of the Ford boys drove Lamborghinis or Jags,
    > either. (I can't decide, is Windows a Lamborghini or a "jag"?)

    It's a citreon 2CV.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  12. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    DFS did eloquently scribble:
    > You are wrong. Linux does not have plenty of excellent software. It has
    > plenty of crap software which helps keep it at a healthy 0.57% of the
    > market.

    Repeating yourself in a squeeky voice won't make it any more true.

    >> No, it is *not* true, and you can't show any proof of it whatever.

    > Open your eyes. You're so enamored of free [of cost] software that your
    > standards are shot to hell.

    Hah

    >> Let me know when you get round to telling the truth. You keep
    >> repeating the same tired lies about Linux developers.

    > What lies?

    The lies you tell. Which is just about everytime you put finger to keyboard.

    So they're crappy software developers? Doesn't reflect on you -
    > unless you deny their products are crap.

    He denies their software is crap. So do I.

    > Then it makes you look a fool.

    You're opinion is utterly without value.

  13. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:33:51 -0500, Linonut wrote:

    > * Kier fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >>> Kier, chill. He is trolling. He is flinging around groundless
    >>> insults in an effort to provoke exactly the reaction he is getting.
    >>> You are better off ignoring such verbal diarrhea.

    >> I'm thinking of dropping COLA altogether. The ****hhead liars like DFS
    >> make me sick.

    > Try to have fun with them instead!
    >
    > If you really do need a break from COLA, take it. Find another
    > newsgroup for a different topic and relax for awhile.

    Good advice. I may well hang out somewhere else after Christmas for a
    while and hopefully return refuelled for some serious advocacy. It's time
    COLA stopped obsessing over MS and looked to Linux and its future.

    --
    Kier

  14. Re: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On 2007-12-18 04:44, DFS wrote:
    > thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>> Sounds like the bottom of the barrel PC it is.
    >>>
    >>> These lies are hilarious:

    >> [ major snippage ... ]
    >>
    >> It must really kill you that Linux is getting indisputable desktop
    >> traction with verifiable sales at retail. I can come up with no
    >> other explanation for your continued pointless trash-talk.

    > Didja stop to consider I just don't like Linux/OSS software? And the lying
    > "advocates" that accompany Linux are very tiresome.

    Ok DFS, go on ditching linux as this is your mission, who cares?
    But don't be a fool and suggest Microsoft software to a billion poor
    kids, we will not have yet another billion virus infected spam relays
    on Internet, and the kids can't pay for antivirus software, or sign
    any license agreements. They will be a new generation computer users,
    learned to share legally , and there will be many good python hackers for sure.

    Why don't you visit a village in Africa and bring your Vista laptop with you?
    I'm sure it will work well for you (not!)

    /bb

  15. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On Dec 20, 8:40*pm, Linonut wrote:
    > * spi...@freenet.co.uk fired off this tart reply:
    >
    > > DFS did eloquently scribble:
    > > Please... my sides, hand me a needle for they are about to split.

    > >> Fact #4: Even Linus Torvald's own family won't run Linux. *Can you imagine?

    > > Big deal.

    > True. *I'm sure none of the Ford boys drove Lamborghinis or Jags,
    > either. *(I can't decide, is Windows a Lamborghini or a "jag"?)

    Driving Fords and Jags is not the same as just driving a Jag. I don't
    know about Linus' family, but it the statement seems to imply that
    they don't run Linux at all.

  16. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 03:42:36 -0800, cc wrote:

    > On Dec 20, 8:40*pm, Linonut wrote:
    >> * spi...@freenet.co.uk fired off this tart reply:
    >>
    >> > DFS did eloquently scribble: Please... my sides,
    >> > hand me a needle for they are about to split.

    >> > Big deal.

    >> True. *I'm sure none of the Ford boys drove Lamborghinis or Jags,
    >> either. *(I can't decide, is Windows a Lamborghini or a "jag"?)
    >>

    > Driving Fords and Jags is not the same as just driving a Jag. I don't
    > know about Linus' family, but it the statement seems to imply that they
    > don't run Linux at all.

    According to the article that caused all the fuss, the implication is
    incorrect.

    --
    Rick

  17. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    Rick writes:

    > What would you label the developers of the utter crap that runs under
    > windows?

    Well educated, smart enough to provide SW people want, and probably
    wealthy.

    Banging on about MS and Windows is one thing, but don't be an arse all
    your life. The great majority of Windows application SW is eons better
    than it's OSS copy or alternative.

  18. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On 2007-12-21, Linonut claimed:
    > * spike1@freenet.co.uk fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> DFS did eloquently scribble:
    >> Please... my sides, hand me a needle for they are about to split.
    >>
    >>> Fact #4: Even Linus Torvald's own family won't run Linux. Can you imagine?

    >> Big deal.

    > True. I'm sure none of the Ford boys drove Lamborghinis or Jags,
    > either. (I can't decide, is Windows a Lamborghini or a "jag"?)

    More like Yugo. With flat tires.

    --
    A friend in need always finds your new phone number.

  19. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:05:38 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:
    >

    >> What would you label the developers of the utter crap that runs under
    >> windows?

    > Well educated, smart enough to provide SW people want, and probably
    > wealthy.

    If that is so, why do they produce utter crap?

    > Banging on about MS and Windows is one thing, but don't be an arse all
    > your life.

    Take your own advice.

    > The great majority of Windows application SW is eons better
    > than it's OSS copy or alternative.

    What is it like to be a delusional as you?

    --
    Rick

  20. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    Rick writes:

    > On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:05:38 +0100, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Rick writes:
    >>

    >>> What would you label the developers of the utter crap that runs under
    >>> windows?

    >> Well educated, smart enough to provide SW people want, and probably
    >> wealthy.

    > If that is so, why do they produce utter crap?

    What Windows programs for real world businesses do you use? Really.

    >> Banging on about MS and Windows is one thing, but don't be an arse all
    >> your life.

    > Take your own advice.

    Yes. You must be Kier's brother.

    >> The great majority of Windows application SW is eons better
    >> than it's OSS copy or alternative.

    > What is it like to be a delusional as you?

    You clearly have no idea about what applications run on Windows these
    days which are used by more than 90% of the world's desktop computers.