[News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC - Linux ; DFS did eloquently scribble: >> Customers love Google products, so we added them. > * He forgot to mention that piece of junk won't run Google Earth And you accuse US of lying... Pitiful DooFY... absolutely pitiful. Even my lowly ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 253

Thread: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

  1. Re: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    DFS did eloquently scribble:
    >> Customers love Google products, so we added them.

    > * He forgot to mention that piece of junk won't run Google Earth


    And you accuse US of lying...
    Pitiful DooFY... absolutely pitiful.
    Even my lowly old 1.4ghz athlon will run google earth quite happily.
    The only real limiter on google-earth is the network connection.
    Dialup, you'd struggle.


    --
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | "I'm alive!!! I can touch! I can taste! |
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| I can SMELL!!! KRYTEN!!! Unpack Rachel and |
    | in | get out the puncture repair kit!" |
    | Computer Science | Arnold Judas Rimmer- Red Dwarf |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  2. Re: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    DFS did eloquently scribble:
    > thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Sounds like the bottom of the barrel PC it is.
    >>>
    >>> These lies are hilarious:

    >> [ major snippage ... ]
    >>
    >> It must really kill you that Linux is getting indisputable desktop
    >> traction with verifiable sales at retail. I can come up with no
    >> other explanation for your continued pointless trash-talk.


    > Didja stop to consider I just don't like Linux/OSS software? And the lying
    > "advocates" that accompany Linux are very tiresome.


    As opposed to the lying wintrolls like you, y'mean?
    Still not bothered to actually paste any of these lies here, have you?

    > * SQL Server Developer Edition is $45


    Why pay $45 when you can mysql or postgres for free?
    Hmmm?
    They can do anything an average user might want.
    Hell, even google uses mysql.

    --
    | |What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack|
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk |in the ground beneath a giant boulder, which you|
    | |can't move, with no hope of rescue. |
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)|Consider how lucky you are that life has been |
    | in |good to you so far... |
    | Computer Science | -The BOOK, Hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy.|

  3. Re: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    ____/ spike1@freenet.co.uk on Tuesday 18 December 2007 07:25 : \____

    > DFS did eloquently scribble:
    >>> Customers love Google products, so we added them.

    >> * He forgot to mention that piece of junk won't run Google Earth

    >
    > And you accuse US of lying...


    The trolls accused us of lying when talking about back doors in Windows. Sadly
    for them, it's all over the news now.

    > Pitiful DooFY... absolutely pitiful.
    > Even my lowly old 1.4ghz athlon will run google earth quite happily.
    > The only real limiter on google-earth is the network connection.
    > Dialup, you'd struggle.



    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Previous signature has been conceded
    http://Schestowitz.com | RHAT Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    08:05:01 up 7 days, 20:53, 4 users, load average: 0.57, 1.33, 1.59
    http://iuron.com - Open Source knowledge engine project

  4. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    ____/ bobbie on Monday 17 December 2007 16:39 : \____

    > On Dec 17, 8:35 am, "DFS" wrote:
    >> Thufir wrote:
    >> > On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:09:38 -0500, DFS wrote:

    >>
    >> >>> Customers love Google products, so we added them.
    >> >> * He forgot to mention that piece of junk won't run Google Earth

    >>
    >> > Would you care to cite something to back up that assertion?

    >>
    >> > -Thufir

    >>
    >> http://earth.google.com/faq.html
    >>
    >> But I searched elsewhere and Google Earth for Linux is available so I may be
    >> wrong,

    >
    > Oh come on, I had google earth running on my machine last year.
    >
    >
    >
    >>but it's still not clear if that junker will run it.

    > Yeah, do you think the 'junker' will run Vista Premium?
    >
    >
    >
    >>
    >> http://www.calypsobahamas.com/weathe...load-earth.htm


    Google Earth runs well on that 'junker' I bought for just 165 pounds 2.5 years
    ago.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Y |-(1^2)|^(1/2)+1 K
    http://Schestowitz.com | GNU/Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    Swap: 1510068k total, 686896k used, 823172k free, 64608k cached
    http://iuron.com - next generation of search paradigms

  5. Re: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:50:19 -0600, thad05 wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >>
    >> Didja stop to consider I just don't like Linux/OSS software? And the lying
    >> "advocates" that accompany Linux are very tiresome.

    >
    > Then why do you spend so much time in a Linux advocacy forum? It
    > cannot be good for your emotional and mental health to continue
    > exposing yourself to something you obviously dislike.


    It's more than that - he insalls Linux distros just to whine about them.



    --
    Kier

  6. Re: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:44:40 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Sounds like the bottom of the barrel PC it is.
    >>>
    >>> These lies are hilarious:

    >> [ major snippage ... ]
    >>
    >> It must really kill you that Linux is getting indisputable desktop
    >> traction with verifiable sales at retail. I can come up with no other
    >> explanation for your continued pointless trash-talk.

    >
    > Didja stop to consider I just don't like Linux/OSS software?


    Fine. Don't use it.

    > And the lying "advocates" that accompany Linux are very tiresome.


    Your dishonesty has long been tiresome.

    >
    >
    >
    >> Bottom of the barrel, entry level, whatever you choose to call it, this
    >> is exactly how many of predicted Linux would open a wedge into the
    >> desktop market; in that market sector where hardware cost is reduced to
    >> the point that software cost becomes a preeminent issue.

    >
    > It's only preeminent if you're broke:
    >
    > * Vista Home Premium costs $50 more than Ubuntu on Dell systems * Office
    > Home/Student is $125, and can be installed on 3 systems (meaning $14 per
    > app per user).


    How much does Vista Premium cost retail? And how do I get XP retail?


    > * Previous versions of Office are cheap *


    Where do you get previous versions of Office?

    > new games still cost $50 (same
    > as I paid for Quake in 1996) * SQL Server Developer Edition is $45 *
    > Oracle and DB2 offer cheap personal and developer editions * Windows is
    > the biggest OSS platform, so there's tons of free software


    Possibly, but its still running on windows.

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:26:30 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > bobbie wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah, do you think the 'junker' will run Vista Premium?

    >
    > Yes. One of the people that left a comment said they installed Vista.
    >
    > http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...754614#reviews


    I wonder how much he had to pay for Vista.


    --
    Rick

  8. Re: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > DFS did eloquently scribble:


    >> Didja stop to consider I just don't like Linux/OSS software? And
    >> the lying "advocates" that accompany Linux are very tiresome.

    >
    > As opposed to the lying wintrolls like you, y'mean?
    > Still not bothered to actually paste any of these lies here, have you?


    7: Linux is 50x faster than Windows
    OldTech: Linux is 50x faster than Windows
    Rex Ballard: Sun got my Dow work product, altered it "a bit" and released it
    as Java
    Roy Schestowitz: 90% of IT professionals reject Vista
    Roy Schestowitz: Venezuela is going 100% OSS by End of Year [2006].
    [H]omer Jan 2003: "Half of Europe has just dumped Windows."
    Bailo Oct 2004: MS is failing badly
    Kelsey Bjarnason mid-2004: you can do 'whatever you want' with Linux on a
    486 computer
    Everybody Eat Some Borsht: children with AIDS suffer from Microsoft Patent
    policies
    CEO of Alfresco: Microsoft regrets the patent deal tactics it used with
    Novell, Linspire and Xandros.



    >> * SQL Server Developer Edition is $45

    >
    > Why pay $45 when you can mysql or postgres for free?
    > Hmmm?


    ROFL!

    You don't have to be cheap and ignorant, you know.



    > They can do anything an average user might want.


    Except enjoy using advanced database software with lots of cool features,
    and excellent analysis and reporting tools.



    > Hell, even google uses mysql.


    They use Linux, too. 'Nuff said.




  9. Re: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >As opposed to the lying wintrolls like you, y'mean?
    >Still not bothered to actually paste any of these lies here, have you?


    The liars never seem to back up their claims, do they?


  10. Re: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    DFS did eloquently scribble:
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >> DFS did eloquently scribble:


    >>> Didja stop to consider I just don't like Linux/OSS software? And
    >>> the lying "advocates" that accompany Linux are very tiresome.

    >>
    >> As opposed to the lying wintrolls like you, y'mean?
    >> Still not bothered to actually paste any of these lies here, have you?


    > 7: Linux is 50x faster than Windows


    Well we can safely consider anything 7 says as pointless drivvel without
    continuing...

    > OldTech: Linux is 50x faster than Windows


    Who?

    > Rex Ballard: Sun got my Dow work product, altered it "a bit" and released it
    > as Java
    > Roy Schestowitz: 90% of IT professionals reject Vista


    At the time, they did.
    Many of them still are.

    > Roy Schestowitz: Venezuela is going 100% OSS by End of Year [2006].


    At the time, maybe that was their plan, got any proof it wasn't?

    > [H]omer Jan 2003: "Half of Europe has just dumped Windows."


    Wow, you have to dredge 5 years into the past to find lies...

    We're doing quite well then.
    We wouldn't even have to dredge 5 months to find as many lies by wintrolls
    here.

    >>> * SQL Server Developer Edition is $45

    >>
    >> Why pay $45 when you can mysql or postgres for free?
    >> Hmmm?


    > ROFL!


    > You don't have to be cheap and ignorant, you know.


    Well, tell me ONE thing SQL server developer edition CAN do for the average
    user... that postgres can't...

    come on... out with it...


    >> They can do anything an average user might want.


    > Except enjoy using advanced database software with lots of cool features,
    > and excellent analysis and reporting tools.


    Ah, right, so postgres lacks that does it? (not that I'd know, never
    bothered with "analysis and reporting", so I don't know that side of it too
    well. What do these tools do that mysql and postgres don't then?

    >> Hell, even google uses mysql.


    > They use Linux, too. 'Nuff said.


    Quite.
    --
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!" |
    | in | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
    | Computer Science | - Father Jack in "Father Ted" |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  11. Re: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    chrisv did eloquently scribble:
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:


    >>As opposed to the lying wintrolls like you, y'mean?
    >>Still not bothered to actually paste any of these lies here, have you?


    > The liars never seem to back up their claims, do they?


    Nope. Quite happy to call everyone else liars though.
    --
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?" |
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |
    | in | "I think so brain, but this time, you control |
    | Computer Science | the Encounter suit, and I'll do the voice..." |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  12. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On Dec 17, 4:35 pm, "DFS" wrote:
    > Thufir wrote:
    > > On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:09:38 -0500, DFS wrote:

    >
    > >>> Customers love Google products, so we added them.
    > >> * He forgot to mention that piece of junk won't run Google Earth

    >
    > > Would you care to cite something to back up that assertion?

    >
    > > -Thufir

    >
    > http://earth.google.com/faq.html
    >
    > But I searched elsewhere and Google Earth for Linux is available so I may be
    > wrong


    So how did you come by that LIE?

    Maybe Windows "helped" you?

    LMMFAO!!!

  13. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On Dec 18, 3:44 am, "DFS" wrote:

    > * Vista Home Premium costs $50 more than Ubuntu on Dell systems
    > * Office Home/Student is $125, and can be installed on 3 systems (meaning
    > $14 per app per user).



    "Per app per user"? What kind of prevaricating, "My OS is nearly as
    good as your OS" crap is that?

    Face facts, DFS: the POS you support is a POS. Fact.

  14. Re: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    "Mark Kent" wrote in message
    news:hu2o35-m6t.ln1@ellandroad.demon.co.uk...
    > thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com
    > espoused:
    >> Mark Kent wrote:

    > I wear churches shoes, because althought they're about £200 per pair,
    > they last for
    > 5-10 years at least,


    You must be VERY hard on shoes - I got rid of a pair of Church's shoes about
    three years ago that I'd bought in Cambridge in 1978!!!!! (They were at last
    BER...)



  15. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    dapunka wrote:
    > On Dec 18, 3:44 am, "DFS" wrote:
    >
    >> * Office Home/Student is $125, and can be installed on 3 systems
    >> (meaning $14 per app per user).

    >
    > "Per app per user"? What kind of prevaricating, "My OS is nearly as
    > good as your OS" crap is that?


    Who said anything about OS's?



    > Face facts, DFS: the POS you support is a POS. Fact.


    Fact #1: Windows beats Linux down cruelly in most ways that matter: speed,
    consistency, look and feel, fonts, x86 hardware support, peripheral support,
    app quality and selection, game quality and selection, and development
    tools. Linux does have worthless wobbly windows and kruddy kcron.

    Fact #2: Linux/OSS is given away not because the developers are altruistic
    fellows working for the "community", but because they're talentless hacks
    who can't compete with MS developers, and nobody will buy their part-time
    gruel.

    Fact #3: the world loves my POS (even at high prices), and hates your POS
    (even at no price). Do you ever stop to think about why everyone rejects
    free crudware? If it was any good, it would have taken over years ago.
    Every other low-price, quality product in life is in huge demand, but only
    Linux is stuck on an endcap at MicroCenter for $1.99 - and sits there for
    weeks while people turn their noses up at the slop.

    Fact #4: Even Linus Torvald's own family won't run Linux. Can you imagine?

    Enjoy!




  16. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    DFS did eloquently scribble:
    > Fact #1: Windows beats Linux down cruelly in most ways that matter:
    > speed,


    Nope.

    > consistency,


    Biiiig deal, there's consistency within desktop environment software.
    That's good enough.

    > look and feel,


    Yeah, right, like windows beats KDE on look and feel...

    > fonts,


    bull.

    > x86 hardware support,


    You're kidding right?

    > peripheral support,


    Ditto...

    > app quality and selection,


    Oh, right... so windows comes out of the box with everything a user could
    need to get his work done? (Unless he had some very specialist needs)
    Sorry, thought it only came with word/notepad, mine sweeper and a solitaire.

    My mistake.

    > game quality and selection,


    Only important if you're a gamer. Big deal, stick with windows, do we care?

    > and development tools.


    Riiiiight. SO windows comes with all the development tools installed out of
    the box TOO... like linux does?

    Didn't know that, either.
    So sorry.

    > Linux does have worthless wobbly windows and kruddy kcron.


    Windows has worthless solitaire and minesweeper. Your point?

    > Fact #2:


    Fact? HAH! and he accuses us of lying. What a twat.

    > Linux/OSS is given away not because the developers are altruistic
    > fellows working for the "community"


    Remove the not and that is the most truthful thing he's ever said.
    In other words... Again Doofus lies.

    , but because they're talentless hacks
    > who can't compete with MS developers, and nobody will buy their part-time
    > gruel.


    Bullcrap, as usual.

    > Fact #3: the world loves my POS (even at high prices), and hates your POS
    > (even at no price).


    The world.... loves... vista!????

    Please... my sides, hand me a needle for they are about to split.

    > Fact #4: Even Linus Torvald's own family won't run Linux. Can you imagine?


    Big deal.
    --
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't |
    | in | suck is probably the day they start making |
    | Computer science | vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  17. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:11:17 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > dapunka wrote:
    >> On Dec 18, 3:44 am, "DFS" wrote:
    >>
    >>> * Office Home/Student is $125, and can be installed on 3 systems
    >>> (meaning $14 per app per user).

    >>
    >> "Per app per user"? What kind of prevaricating, "My OS is nearly as
    >> good as your OS" crap is that?

    >
    > Who said anything about OS's?
    >
    >
    >
    >> Face facts, DFS: the POS you support is a POS. Fact.

    >
    > Fact #1: Windows beats Linux down cruelly in most ways that matter: speed,
    > consistency, look and feel, fonts, x86 hardware support, peripheral support,
    > app quality and selection, game quality and selection, and development
    > tools. Linux does have worthless wobbly windows and kruddy kcron.


    Wrong. Lionux has plenty of excellent software. It may lack a few games.
    Big deal. Buy a console.

    >
    > Fact #2: Linux/OSS is given away not because the developers are altruistic
    > fellows working for the "community", but because they're talentless hacks
    > who can't compete with MS developers, and nobody will buy their part-time
    > gruel.


    That is a lie, and you're a fool if you believe it. Not to mention a
    scumball. Just because you don't have integrity, doesn't mean others don't.

    Let's see you PROVE Linux developers have no talent, instead of screaming
    out a stupid lie and wishing everyone would believe it. YOu can't remotely
    prove it, so don't say it.

    >
    > Fact #3: the world loves my POS (even at high prices), and hates your POS


    No, it doesn't. Many love it and the greater majority know nothing of it
    beyond perhaps its name.

    > (even at no price). Do you ever stop to think about why everyone
    > rejects free crudware? If it was any good, it would have taken over


    'Everyone' doesn't reject Free SOFTWARE, liar.

    > years ago. Every other low-price, quality product in life is in huge
    > demand, but only Linux is stuck on an endcap at MicroCenter for $1.99 -
    > and sits there for weeks while people turn their noses up at the slop.


    I've never seen Linux stuck on an endcap anywhere, nor sold for 1.99. Most
    people only want what the herd has - that's Windows. And software is not
    harware. It's a totally different type of commodity.

    >
    > Fact #4: Even Linus Torvald's own family won't run Linux. Can you
    > imagine?


    Big ****ing deal. That's their loss.

    >
    > Enjoy!


    Why? It was a piece of **** lie from beginning to end.

    --
    Kier


  18. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    DFS wrote:

    > Kier wrote:
    >> On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:11:17 -0500, DFS wrote:

    >
    >>> Fact #1: Windows beats Linux down cruelly in most ways that matter:
    >>> speed, consistency, look and feel, fonts, x86 hardware support,
    >>> peripheral support, app quality and selection, game quality and
    >>> selection, and development tools. Linux does have worthless wobbly
    >>> windows and kruddy kcron.

    >>
    >> Wrong. Lionux has plenty of excellent software.

    >
    > No, it does not.


    Ah yes. DFS said it, so it is true?

    >
    >> It may lack a few games. Big deal. Buy a console.

    >
    > Why buy a console when the best software and games all run on my Windows
    > PC?


    Depends on the definition of "best"
    Your definition is worthless

    >
    >>> Fact #2: Linux/OSS is given away not because the developers are
    >>> altruistic fellows working for the "community", but because they're
    >>> talentless hacks who can't compete with MS developers, and nobody
    >>> will buy their part-time gruel.

    >>
    >> That is a lie, and you're a fool if you believe it.

    >
    > It's 100% true, and you're an uninformed fool if you DON'T believe it.


    Well, the worst OSS developers are way smarter than you.
    You are a VB "coder". Completely worthless bile

    > (here's where you get pedantic and claim nobody = 0. That's the only way
    > cola bozos can win arguments.)
    >


    No. It is your widiot way


    < snip more DumbFull**** droppings >
    --
    Programmer: A biological system designed to convert coffee and cheesies into
    code


  19. Re: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    DFS wrote:

    > thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Didja stop to consider I just don't like Linux/OSS software? And
    >>> the lying "advocates" that accompany Linux are very tiresome.

    >>
    >> Then why do you spend so much time in a Linux advocacy forum?

    >
    > I like to slap little cola twerps around.
    >


    And you are so refreshingly unsuccessful doing that.
    Your only achievment so far has been to show off as one of the worst idiots
    ever to haunt cola. A lying twit, thats all you are

    < snip >
    --
    You are a shining example for the advances in artificial stupidity


  20. Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

    Kier wrote:
    >
    > That is a lie, and you're a fool if you believe it. Not to mention a
    > scumball. Just because you don't have integrity, doesn't mean others don't.
    >
    > Let's see you PROVE Linux developers have no talent, instead of screaming
    > out a stupid lie and wishing everyone would believe it. YOu can't remotely
    > prove it, so don't say it.


    Kier, chill. He is trolling. He is flinging around groundless
    insults in an effort to provoke exactly the reaction he is getting.
    You are better off ignoring such verbal diarrhea.

    Thad
    --
    Yeah, I drank the Open Source cool-aid... Unlike the other brand, it had
    all the ingredients on the label.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast