UNESCO and Free Software

,----[ Quote ]
| In 2001, as UNESCO begins to lend its support to the Free Software Movement,
| it is almost 18 years since we launched the movement and began developing the
| GNU operating system. We have come a long way.
`----

http://hrueda-isis.blogspot.com/2007...-software.html

QualiPSo consortium organizes the first international conference on Open Source
Software quality

,----[ Quote ]
| Organized in Rome, under the patronage of the European Commission, the
| QualiPSo 2008 conference will bring together international authorities and
| experts on OSS trends, reveal the first results of research carried out by
| the QualiPSo consortium, and be a forum for debate about the drivers for
| encouraging trust in OSS.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10271.html

With Holland embracing FLOSS, there's the domino effect at the moment.

Related:

Source of the revolution

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Ghosh, the notional value of Europe's investment in
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| free/libre or open source software (FLOSS) today is e22bn,
| representing 20.5pc of the region's total software investment.
| Spending on OSS stands at e36bn and accounts for 20pc of software
| expenditure in the US.
`----

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/...yid=single8105

European spend on open source software hits 22bn Euros

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/...yid=single7850