[News] Video Demo of the Latest Compiz-Fusion Plugins - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Video Demo of the Latest Compiz-Fusion Plugins - Linux ; Episode III ,----[ Quote ] | As a special treat, I present episode III of FusionCast. It's a no-talking | episode, but it features Freescale, Shelf, and Freewins, and a few less known | features of these three new(ish) plugins. ...

  1. [News] Video Demo of the Latest Compiz-Fusion Plugins

    Episode III

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As a special treat, I present episode III of FusionCast. It's a no-talking
    | episode, but it features Freescale, Shelf, and Freewins, and a few less known
    | features of these three new(ish) plugins.
    `----

    http://fusioncast.blogspot.com/2007/12/episode-iii.html

    Apple and Microsoft ought to worry at this sight.

    Related:

    Fear and Loathing in Cupertino

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It wasn't until later, giving the same presentation at Linux World that
    | I'd missed giving at the Apple show, that I realized that Apple were
    | scared of the SuSE Linux desktop I was using. They didn't want
    | customers to see anything other than Apple-badged everything at
    | their show. Especially if it was something better. They were
    | scared of their customers even seeing a choice.
    `----

    http://www.tuxdeluxe.org/node/175

    Review: Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon takes on Mac OS X Leopard for the OS of the Year

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Today we have a technological cage match involving two operating systems,
    | both UNIX- based, both mature, both with passionate detractors and even more
    | passionate defenders, and both released just a week apart. I'm talking, of
    | course, about Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon), with its final release on October
    | 18, and Apple' s Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, which was available for purchase on
    | October 26. * *
    `----

    http://www.linux-mag.com/id/4641/

  2. Re: [News] Video Demo of the Latest Compiz-Fusion Plugins

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Episode III
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | As a special treat, I present episode III of FusionCast. It's a
    > | no-talking episode, but it features Freescale, Shelf, and Freewins, and
    > | a few less known features of these three new(ish) plugins.
    > `----
    >
    > http://fusioncast.blogspot.com/2007/12/episode-iii.html

    Unbelievable!!!
    Its stuff I've been waiting for years!!!

  3. Re: [News] Video Demo of the Latest Compiz-Fusion Plugins

    7 wrote:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Episode III
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> As a special treat, I present episode III of FusionCast. It's a
    >>> no-talking episode, but it features Freescale, Shelf, and Freewins,
    >>> and a few less known features of these three new(ish) plugins.

    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://fusioncast.blogspot.com/2007/12/episode-iii.html

    > Unbelievable!!!
    > Its stuff I've been waiting for years!!!

    So you had exactly those effects in mind years ago?

    Freescale: cool, probably useless
    Shelf: semi-cool, probably useless
    Freewins: bogus, totally useless

    The dockbar? Stolen from Apple.

    Wobbly windows? Demoed by MS years before they appeared in Linux.

  4. Re: [News] Video Demo of the Latest Compiz-Fusion Plugins

    DFS did eloquently scribble:
    > Freescale: cool, probably useless
    > Shelf: semi-cool, probably useless
    > Freewins: bogus, totally useless

    Vista's 3d effects... totally useless.
    But that's besides the point, eh?
    It only matters that a special effect us useless if it's on linux...

    > The dockbar? Stolen from Apple.

    > Wobbly windows? Demoed by MS years before they appeared in Linux.

    windows, icons, 3d effects, window bars, hell, the whole look and feel of
    windows: stolen from apple.

    Your point?
    | in |good to you so far... |