[News] [Rival] MSBBC Becomes Microsoft's Propaganda Channel (Again) - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] MSBBC Becomes Microsoft's Propaganda Channel (Again) - Linux ; BBC pinches hot new columnist from Microsoft ,----[ Quote ] | In response to the BBC's move into business leader PR expert opinion, El Reg | has decided to up the ante with a special video webinar on the secrets ...

  1. [News] [Rival] MSBBC Becomes Microsoft's Propaganda Channel (Again)

    BBC pinches hot new columnist from Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | has decided to up the ante with a special video webinar on the secrets of
    | success from the important leather-bound office of one of America's A-grade
    | entrepreneurs:
    |
    | In conclusion: Any fool can quit. Don't be a fool. Stay in school.
    `----

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12...s_bbc_secrets/

    Here is another case of Microsoft paying for information (Gates owns
    many 'analysts' too):

    Survey: People skills valued over those for IT

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Interpersonal skills are more important in the workplace than IT skills,
    | according to the results of a survey commissioned by Microsoft.
    |
    | In the survey of approximately 500 board-level executives, 61 percent said
    | interpersonal and teamworking skills were more important than IT skills.
    `----

    http://www.news.com/Survey-People-sk...0-20&subj=news
    http://tinyurl.com/yolnpf

    Related:

    Beeb slammed for 'fawning' to Bill Gates

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | BBC viewers have flooded the corporation with complaints over how it
    | covered the launch of Microsoft Vista earlier this week.
    |
    | In one cringingly servile interview worthy of Uriah Heep, the
    | Beeb's news presenter Hugh Edwards even thanked Gates at the
    | end of it, presumably in appreciation at being allowed to give
    | the Vole vast coverage for free.
    |
    | In other TV news items presenters excitedly explained how Vistac
    | ould be obtained and installed - details courtesy of the BBC's
    | website.
    |
    | But British viewers, currently forced to pay a £131.50 licence
    | fee to maintain the BBC's "impartiality", were less than impressed.
    |
    | Scores got in touch to complain that so much was Auntie up Bill's
    | bum that you could barely see her corset.
    `----

    http://slated.org/bbc_microsoft_bias

    http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowa...00/PX03096.pdf

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] MSBBC Becomes Microsoft's Propaganda Channel (Again)

    > BBC pinches hot new columnist from Microsoft

    Good grief! He even has his own *column* now. The MSBBC has obviously
    given up even *pretending* that they're impartial; they might as well
    make the "MSBBC" name official.

    As for Pearly's "illuminating" little speech, I found Mr. T's version
    rather less condescending by comparison. Pearly has a real talent for
    stating the obvious, and taking far to long to say absolutely nothing.

    Executive summary:

    .. Almost everyone works with computers
    .. Almost everyone works with computers (rephrased)
    .. Gives examples of who "everyone" is
    .. You need computer skills to succeed
    .. You need computer skills to succeed (rephrased)
    .. Oh, and maths and science ("and"? ... maths *is* a science)
    .. The most interesting things come from science
    .. There are many job opportunities in software
    .. Software engineering is not a solitary endeavour
    .. To write software you need specifications
    .. To learn, you should read lots of books
    .. But getting information from the Internet is easier
    .. Having curiosity helps you succeed

    So the executive executive summary is:

    Almost everyone (e.g. store clerks) works with computers, therefore you
    need science skills to succeed. Science produces interesting things and
    many jobs, including software engineers who need to work in a team, and
    acquire specifications to do their jobs properly. If you have curiosity
    to learn these skills by reading books and browsing the Web, then maybe
    you will succeed. Nobody expects success. Your chief weapons to succeed
    are science skills and curiosity ... and fear. You have *three* weapons
    to succeed - science skills, curiosity, fear and surprise. Amongst your
    weaponry are such diverse elements as: science skills, curiosity, fear,
    surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope
    and a nice red uniform.

    Executive executive executive summary:

    .. You need science skills and curiosity to succeed.

    He forgot some important ones, like:

    .. Water is wet
    .. The Pope is Catholic
    .. Never stick your fingers into a live electrical socket
    .. The capitol of Nebraska is Lincoln[*]

    [*] Couldn't resist the old "Kentucky Fried Movie" quip.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._. :*~*:.
    .. .
    .. "Remember, if Christmas isn't found in your heart, .
    .. you won't find it under a tree." ~ C. Carpenter .
    .. .
    .. Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year .
    .. .
    ..:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._. :*~*:.

    03:29:31 up 5 days, 2:41, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] MSBBC Becomes Microsoft's Propaganda Channel (Again)

    [H]omer wrote:

    >[*] Couldn't resist the old "Kentucky Fried Movie" quip.

    30 years later, Catholic High School Girls In Trouble still gets you through
    the long, lonely nights.

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] MSBBC Becomes Microsoft's Propaganda Channel (Again)

    ____/ [H]omer on Monday 17 December 2007 03:31 : \____

    >> BBC pinches hot new columnist from Microsoft

    > Good grief! He even has his own *column* now. The MSBBC has obviously
    > given up even *pretending* that they're impartial; they might as well
    > make the "MSBBC" name official.
    >
    > As for Pearly's "illuminating" little speech, I found Mr. T's version
    > rather less condescending by comparison. Pearly has a real talent for
    > stating the obvious, and taking far to long to say absolutely nothing.
    >
    > Executive summary:
    >
    > . Almost everyone works with computers
    > . Almost everyone works with computers (rephrased)
    > . Gives examples of who "everyone" is
    > . You need computer skills to succeed
    > . You need computer skills to succeed (rephrased)
    > . Oh, and maths and science ("and"? ... maths *is* a science)
    > . The most interesting things come from science
    > . There are many job opportunities in software
    > . Software engineering is not a solitary endeavour
    > . To write software you need specifications
    > . To learn, you should read lots of books
    > . But getting information from the Internet is easier
    > . Having curiosity helps you succeed
    >
    > So the executive executive summary is:
    >
    > Almost everyone (e.g. store clerks) works with computers, therefore you
    > need science skills to succeed. Science produces interesting things and
    > many jobs, including software engineers who need to work in a team, and
    > acquire specifications to do their jobs properly. If you have curiosity
    > to learn these skills by reading books and browsing the Web, then maybe
    > you will succeed. Nobody expects success. Your chief weapons to succeed
    > are science skills and curiosity ... and fear. You have *three* weapons
    > to succeed - science skills, curiosity, fear and surprise. Amongst your
    > weaponry are such diverse elements as: science skills, curiosity, fear,
    > surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope
    > and a nice red uniform.
    >
    > Executive executive executive summary:
    >
    > . You need science skills and curiosity to succeed.
    >
    > He forgot some important ones, like:
    >
    > . Water is wet
    > . The Pope is Catholic
    > . Never stick your fingers into a live electrical socket
    > . The capitol of Nebraska is Lincoln[*]
    >

    >[*] Couldn't resist the old "Kentucky Fried Movie" quip.

    Later on, the WSJ wrote about this hat trick as well (actually referring to the
    BBC by name).

    1. Microsoft commissions 'study'
    2. Microsoft gets deal with MSBBC, formerly BBC
    3. Bill Gates becomes a benevolent dic^H^H^HPROPAG~1 CHIEF.
    4. ...
    5. Profit!

    It's like the whole thing was planned (study plug Gates in the BBC, which is
    perceived as impartial).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Previously-unsurpassed exposure makes carnation-faced men
    run-level 2 2007-12-10 11:12 last=