[News] [Rival] Opera files brief in EC accusing Microsoft of stifling competition - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Opera files brief in EC accusing Microsoft of stifling competition - Linux ; "7" wrote in message news:6fD8j.63097$c_1.57766@text.news.blueyonder.co .uk... > > I think its incredibly lame that Micoshaft Corporation has deployed > its asstroturers against the EU and the makers of opera for nothing > more than a few dollars as a way ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Opera files brief in EC accusing Microsoft of stifling competition

    "7" wrote in message
    news:6fD8j.63097$c_1.57766@text.news.blueyonder.co .uk...

    > I think its incredibly lame that Micoshaft Corporation has deployed
    > its asstroturers against the EU and the makers of opera for nothing
    > more than a few dollars as a way of avoiding millions if not more
    > in anti-monopoly fines.

    Do you really believe that? It seems incredible to me that anyone could be
    of such a mind and still able to tie their shoes and chew gum, too.

    Have you ever been tested for mental abberation?

    Wouldn't you pay Opera for their browser, knowing that it is so much better
    than IE? Why haven't you done that? What hold does Microsoft have over you
    to prevent your acting in your own best interests?

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Opera files brief in EC accusing Microsoft of stifling competition

    > No doubt they approached the problem from the wrong angle;
    > they wanted to actually implement the W3C standards
    > *correctly*, and display such difficult tests as
    >
    > http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/
    >
    > 100% correctly, as opposed to following IE's footsteps.
    >
    > Opera: 100%. Everything's in the right place, the
    > thing looks just like the reference rendering. If
    > one fiddles with the width the face does discombobulate
    > slightly, but that's expected -- and explained in the
    > containing text.

    Well, if they went to all that trouble, they should tell all the people in
    the world who agree with them that they have the one and only 100% compliant
    product on the planet and everyone who values that attribute should buy from
    them. Unfortunately, it now appears that everyone wants their browser to
    show sites in a neatly viewable form and don't really care one fig how that
    is done. It is enough to know the time of day, one need not know how to
    build a watch.

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Opera files brief in EC accusing Microsoft of stifling competition

    * amicus_curious fired off this tart reply:

    > Well, if they went to all that trouble, they should tell all the people in
    > the world who agree with them that they have the one and only 100% compliant
    > product on the planet and everyone who values that attribute should buy from
    > them. Unfortunately, it now appears that everyone wants their browser to
    > show sites in a neatly viewable form and don't really care one fig how that
    > is done. It is enough to know the time of day, one need not know how to
    > build a watch.

    In most markets, it works because companies hew somewhat to the same
    standards.

    In the browser market, they hew to Microsoft's standards.

    --
    Tux rox!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2