Open source claims seat at the corporate table in ‘08

,----[ Quote ]
| Developments around power management, virtualization, mobile devices and data
| centers will drive open source, Linux in 2008
|
| After years spent on the corporate proving ground, open source and Linux are
| looking at a 2008 that could likely show how hard labor pays off.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...en-source.html

Have a happy GNU Linux year!

,----[ Quote ]
| Make 2008 the year you switch. Liberate your computer and join the Linux
| revolution. I want to make an impassioned plea to you, but not only that, I’m
| going to tell you how to go about it with confidence, stability and all the
| while being able to still do all the things you use your computer for.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15767/1141/

Related:

Linux to grow 278% in embedded/mobile/real-time apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux use in "next" embedded, mobile, and real-time projects will grow 278
| percent over that in "previous" projects, suggests a recent survey by Venture
| Development Corp. (VDC).
`----

Linux the fastest-growing smartphone OS

,----[ Quote ]
| Meanwhile, in the world's largest mobile phone market (China), Linux already
| has a 30 percent share, CCID Consulting Company said in March.
`----

Linux grabs 30% of China's fast-growing smartphone market

,----[ Quote ]
| China consumed 15 million smartphones in 2006, up from 10 million
| units in 2005, resulting in more than doubling of smartphone
| revenues, according to Chinese market research firm CCID Consulting
| Company. Symbian controlled 63.2 percent of the market, followed by
| Linux (30.3 percent) and Windows Mobile (5.4 percent).
`----

Unbundling Microsoft Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Computers in the European Union should be sold without a bundled operating
| system, according to this submission to the European Commission. It says that
| the bundling of Microsoft Windows with computers is not in the public
| interest, and prevents meaningful competition in the operating system market. *
`----

http://www.globalisation.eu/briefing...-200709231241/

Red Hat Pits Itself Against VMware

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat’s new goal is to underpin 50% of the world’s servers by 2015.
`----

http://www.clientservernews.com/

Dell's Latitude XT convertible laptop ready to ship

,----[ Quote ]
| In China, it will ship with the Red Flag Linux OS.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20...nfoworld/93910

Dell beefs up Precision portable workstation line

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09...ecision_m6300/