Interoperability is top open source customer worry

,----[ Quote ]
| The OSA singled out Microsoft, as opposed to Oracle or SAP, because its
| member companies mostly target midmarket customers, according to
| Sartorio. "We have one common competitor: Microsoft."
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/...e-worry_1.html

Microsoft tried to join also. It wants to keep its enemies closer (Gates'
words) to do damage from the inside.

Related:

Open Solutions Alliance Debuts New Showcase At LinuxWorld

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Solutions Alliance was formed in February 2007 to drive the adoption
| and interoperability of enterprise class open business solutions.
`----

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-open-...99289156335151

Using open source as a marketing ploy

,----[ Quote ]
| This is typical trend riding fluff. If you go the Aras website you
| read about "Microsoft Enterprise Open Source Solutions", which is
| comical in and of itself.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openreso...pen_sourc.html

"Microsoft says open-source software is un-American. Has the company
completely lost its mind?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://archive.salon.com/tech/log/20...can/index.html