Re: Another FAILED linux download! AGAIN! - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Another FAILED linux download! AGAIN! - Linux ; On Dec 12, 5:03 pm, raylopez99 wrote: > Maybe I'll have to pay for a CD-- > in which case, what's the point of Linux? Might as well pay Redmond. As I told you before - but of course you've ...

  1. Re: Another FAILED linux download! AGAIN!

    On Dec 12, 5:03 pm, raylopez99 wrote:

    > Maybe I'll have to pay for a CD--
    > in which case, what's the point of Linux? Might as well pay Redmond.

    As I told you before - but of course you've "forgotten", you worthless
    troll - Ubuntu CDs are available, through the mail, for free, from
    http://shipit.ubuntu.com. Once you've installed Ubuntu, you can
    download xubuntu-desktop with Synaptic (not a long download, even with
    dial-up), and hey presto! Xubuntu for free!

    But you're not really interested in getting Xubuntu. You're just
    trolling. As is obvious to anyone who reads your other posts on this
    issue.

  2. Re: Another FAILED linux download! AGAIN!

    On Dec 12, 1:10 pm, dapunka wrote:
    > On Dec 12, 5:03 pm, raylopez99 wrote:
    >
    > > Maybe I'll have to pay for a CD--
    > > in which case, what's the point of Linux? Might as well pay Redmond.

    > As I told you before - but of course you've "forgotten", you worthless
    > troll - Ubuntu CDs are available, through the mail, for free, fromhttp://shipit.ubuntu.com. Once you've installed Ubuntu, you can
    > download xubuntu-desktop with Synaptic (not a long download, even with
    > dial-up), and hey presto! Xubuntu for free!

    You are dense as ironwood you idiot.

    The point is that the old BIOS cannot load a modern Linux distro like
    Ubuntu--so you have to use Xubuntu, and an OLD VERSION at that.

    Kan't you read yu dunce?

    RL

  3. Re: Another FAILED linux download! AGAIN!

    raylopez99 wrote:

    > On Dec 12, 1:10 pm, dapunka wrote:
    >> On Dec 12, 5:03 pm, raylopez99 wrote:
    >>
    >> > Maybe I'll have to pay for a CD--
    >> > in which case, what's the point of Linux? Might as well pay Redmond.

    >> As I told you before - but of course you've "forgotten", you worthless
    >> troll - Ubuntu CDs are available, through the mail, for free,
    >> fromhttp://shipit.ubuntu.com. Once you've installed Ubuntu, you can
    >> download xubuntu-desktop with Synaptic (not a long download, even with
    >> dial-up), and hey presto! Xubuntu for free!

    > You are dense as ironwood you idiot.
    >
    > The point is that the old BIOS cannot load a modern Linux distro like
    > Ubuntu--so you have to use Xubuntu, and an OLD VERSION at that.
    >
    > Kan't you read yu dunce?

    Pull another lie, you cretin

    No matter if Ubuntu, Kubuntu or Xubuntu, they use the same kernel and
    drivers. The GUI is different, but that is loaded when the OS already runs

    But as the lying retarded wintroll you are, you are way too stupid to get
    even this troll-attempt somewhat right
    --
    Windows isn't unstable. It's spontaneous.

  4. Re: Another FAILED linux download! AGAIN!

    Gaylopez99 wrote:

    [...]

    Buy a new machine, you cheap prick. There's a $298 E-Machines desktop at
    Wally World.

  5. Re: Another FAILED linux download! AGAIN!

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Tattoo Vampire

    wrote
    on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:27:04 -0500
    <7176498.tT4D2SbUev@ziggy1.ziggynet>:
    > Gaylopez99 wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > Buy a new machine, you cheap prick. There's a $298 E-Machines desktop at
    > Wally World.

    Depends on whether he wants a monitor or not. Best I can
    do is a $199 "green gPC" special (TC2502), 512 MB RAM,
    no monitor. It is running gOS and OpenOffice, and is
    in stock. The next one up is an Everex Impact GC3502,
    with 1 GB RAM, 80 GB hard drive, and Windows Vista Home
    Basic for $278.

    If he wants a monitor bundled in best I can do is $498,
    with a Compaq Presario SR5223WM-B or Acer Aspire T180.
    Both come with 1 GB RAM, Windows Vista Home Basic, and 17"
    flatscreens. The Aspire has a slightly bigger hard drive.
    Dunno about the processors; the Presario has a AMD Sempron
    @ 2 GHz whereas the Aspire has a 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon 64.

    (It is likely the UK variant of WallyWorld has different
    pricing, if that's an issue for either of you.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    /dev/signature: Resource temporarily unavailable