* Roy Schestowitz fired off this tart reply:

> Microsoft Giving Away Vista and More for Information
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Microsoft is giving away free versions of Vista Ultimate, Office 07 Ultimate,
>| and more in exchange for your participation in the Windows Feedback Program.
>| Basically, in exchange for letting Microsoft scan your computer and programs
>| for three months...
> `----
>
> http://wfp.microsoft.com/AboutPanel.aspx
>
> It's spyware either way (see below). Microsoft has begun dumping because of
> GNU/Linux.

"Dump" is indeed the operative word.

> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Vista--Microsoft?s latest operating system--may prove to be most
>| appropriately named, especially for those seeking evidence of how a
>| computer was used.
> `----
>
> http://www.abanet.org/journal/ereport/jy13tkjasn.html

R. Lee Barrett, an associate attorney with Forshey & Prostok in
Fort Worth, Texas, has worked bankruptcy cases for both banks and
debtors. He believes Vista will be a useful tool for attorneys, but
will also pose new challenges in litigation.

"From a defense perspective, it scares me to death," says
Barrett. "One of the things I have a hard time educating my
clients on is the volume of data that's now discoverable."

Wanna bet Bill and Steve have a way to turn this feature off? ;->

--
Tux rox!