Scripting Languages Breaking Developers’ Ties to Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| “Interestingly, while we see Linux continue to increase as a target platform,
| this category of development reflects the greatest growth in targeting a non
| windows target platform.”
|
| The survey found that scripting languages are used by 56% of developers
| today, and while more than half of those developers use scripts less than 20%
| of the time, both the total number of developers using scripting languages
| and the amount of time spent is expected to increase during the coming year.
| Linux was strong for both target and platform with PHP and Ruby users.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/a...s-ties-windows

Related:

Linux developers considering move to Eclipse

,----[ Quote ]
| At the recent Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit, it was decided to
| start making Eclipse, the open-source development platform, the Visual
| Studio for Linux.
`----

Survey: Windows loses ground with developers

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux gaining share as the number of developers targeting Windows falls
| 12 percent, Evans Data says
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/...s-share_1.html

Developers' use of open source Eclipse doubles

,----[ Quote ]
| The adoption rate of the open source Eclipse integrated development
| environment has more than doubled in the Europe, the Middle East and
| Africa region, industry analysts have revealed.
`----

http://www.computerweekly.com/Articl...se-doubles.htm

Developers Embrace Java, Drop Visual Basic

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.informationweek.com/softw...leID=196600515