Firefox 3 security looks promising, testers say

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla promises big security strides in the upcoming release of Firefox 3,
| including access to a Google's database of malware-laced Web sites and a
| warning system that will alert users who are about to visit them. IT security
| professionals who have experimented with the latest beta say tweaks are
| needed but that the overall changes look promising.
`----

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com...285697,00.html

Firefox 3 Beta 2 expected in late December

http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews...late-december/

Recent:

Maximum PC: Firefox, one of the greatest PC technologies

,----[ Quote ]
| It is a credible and fun list that includes flash memory (82), Ubuntu (50),
| the Thinkpad 700 (38), the original IBM PC keyboard (21), MP3 (11), Doom (10)
| and Mosaic (4) among my favorite inductees. The list *
| is topped by an indisputable disrupter that effectively saved humanity from
| millions of headaches.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2007/11/m...-technologies/

Review: Firefox 3 Beta Answers Some Questions, Raises Others

,----[ Quote ]
| CRN Test Center downloaded Firefox 3 Beta 1 from Mozilla for a peek to get an
| idea of what users can expect when Firefox 3 is officially launched. Since
| this is a beta, the browser is intended for testing purposes only. While no
| one expects the browser to be production-ready now, if history is any guide,
| the likelihood of users going ahead and upgrading increases the longer the
| product stays in beta. * *
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/204201877

What’s new in Firefox 3?

,----[ Quote ]
| Beta 1 of Firefox 3 was released today. I found a few bugs, but overall it’s
| looking like there are some excellent new features and improvements.
`----

http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/11/22/...-in-firefox-3/

Firefox 3 Beta 1 review

,----[ Quote ]
| This week Mozilla released the first beta of Firefox 3. Originally scheduled
| for mid July, the delay responds to the very long list of features this new
| version brings. Eight alphas and an estimated 14 months under development are
| both firsts for a Firefox upgrade but again are necessary for the amount of
| improvements and new features Firefox 3 will bring. * *
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2007/11/f...beta-1-review/

Related:

Firefox 3 Beta 1 is a winner

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Mozilla's blurb: "Firefox 3 Beta 1 is based on the new Gecko 1.9
| Web rendering platform, which has been under development for the past 27
| months and includes nearly 2 million lines of code changes, fixing more than
| 11,000 issues." That means little to me. All I'm interested in is
| performance, reliability, look and feel. And from what I've seen so far,
| Firefox 3 Beta 1 succeeds spectacularly in all areas. * *
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15460/1023/

Memory test - Firefox 2.0.0.9 vs Firefox 3.0 b 1

,----[ Quote ]
| Does Firefox 3.0 beta 1 do a better job of handling memory than earlier
| versions? *In a test put Firefox 3.0 beta up against Firefox 2.0.0.9 in a
| series of tests. *
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=960

Mozilla releases Firefox 3 beta 1

,----[ Quote ]
| A few months later than had been planned, Mozilla on Monday night released
| the first beta version of an overhauled Firefox, the widely used open-source
| Web browser. *
`----

“Beautiful” tab switching for Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Performance-wise, CPU usage spiked from 2-3% to 45-50% during high speed tab
| switching (that is, I kept Ctrl + Tab pressed for a while), but immediately
| went back to previous cool 2-3% usage. *
|
| Firefox 3 Beta 1 is expected within the next couple of weeks.
`----

http://cybercapital.org/index.php/20...for-firefox-3/

Firefox 3: A look at its new security features

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Firefox is one of the most popular Web browsers around today. But
| what does the Mozilla team have in store for us along security lines?
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=284

Update on the Firefox 3 Linux Theme

,----[ Quote ]
| Work on the new linux theme for Firefox 3 is progressing nicely due to a very
| active group of contributers. To match the operating system’s theme,
| Firefox’s navigation toolbar will use native GTK icons. *
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/faaborg/2007...3-linux-theme/

Firefox 3 Beta Shows Promise

,----[ Quote ]