Actually this is good for LInux, since RIAA type strict enforcement
will make some users drop Windows for Linux. But I doubt MSFT goes
after end users like the RIAA has in music, but rather sticks to
commercial counterfeiters.

BTW I bought my copy of Vista, which works and even gets updates (a
sure sign that it works) for $3 while in Asia. From a legitimate
store. For all I know it's not counterfeit (that's my defense if I
get sued).

RL

Microsoft announces lawsuits
December 11, 2007: 03:07 PM EST

Dec. 11, 2007 (Thomson Financial delivered by Newstex) --

REDMOND, Wash. (AP) - Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) Corporation has
announced legal action aimed at counterfeiting and software piracy in
22 countries.

According to a company news release early Tuesday, the company is
filing 52 lawsuits and referring 22 cases to local law enforcement
agencies. Fifteen of the lawsuits involve what Microsoft says is a
counterfeiting syndicate that was broken up earlier this year in
China.

The legal actions are aimed at resellers accused of selling
counterfeit Microsoft products in various online marketplaces.

Microsoft also is releasing a guide to help consumers spot and avoid
counterfeit software in online shopping.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material
may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.