Re: Why is Redhat late with Linux? - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Why is Redhat late with Linux? - Linux ; * raylopez99 fired off this tart reply: > I thought Linux is a community effort that is faster and better than > closed source s/w development. Something about "bazaar" vs > "cathedral" or somesuch. > > Can anybody explain the ...

  1. Re: Why is Redhat late with Linux?

    * raylopez99 fired off this tart reply:

    > I thought Linux is a community effort that is faster and better than
    > closed source s/w development. Something about "bazaar" vs
    > "cathedral" or somesuch.
    >
    > Can anybody explain the below to a Linux potential newbie? Who is
    > trying to learn more about Linux is good faith?
    >
    > Reuters
    > Red Hat delays new software for PCs until January
    > Tuesday December 11, 10:44 am ET
    > By Jim Finkle

    Some say Red Hat is the Red Mond of Linux!

    --
    Tux rox!

  2. Re: Why is Redhat late with Linux?

    On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:26:39 -0500, Linonut wrote:
    >* raylopez99 fired off this tart reply:

    >> I thought Linux is a community effort that is faster and better than
    >> closed source s/w development. Something about "bazaar" vs
    >> "cathedral" or somesuch.
    >>
    >> Can anybody explain the below to a Linux potential newbie? Who is
    >> trying to learn more about Linux is good faith?
    >>
    >> Reuters
    >> Red Hat delays new software for PCs until January
    >> Tuesday December 11, 10:44 am ET
    >> By Jim Finkle

    >Some say Red Hat is the Red Mond of Linux!

    If redhat was like microsoft, they'd still be trying to get version 4.x
    ready.

  3. Re: Why is Redhat late with Linux?

    On 2007-12-11, Linonut claimed:
    > * raylopez99 fired off this tart reply:

    >> Red Hat delays new software for PCs until January
    >> Tuesday December 11, 10:44 am ET
    >> By Jim Finkle

    > Some say Red Hat is the Red Mond of Linux!

    Ray Dopehead is right. It's better not to take 6 years to make a big
    mess of things, like with Vista. Companies should go ahead and release
    stuff that isn't ready based solely on some arbitrary schedule set by
    the marketing people, not when they actually work and/or have known
    bugs worked out.

    --
    Well, whip me gently with a chainsaw!

  4. Re: Why is Redhat late with Linux?

    Linonut wrote:

    > * raylopez99 fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> I thought Linux is a community effort that is faster and better than
    >> closed source s/w development. Something about "bazaar" vs
    >> "cathedral" or somesuch.
    >>
    >> Can anybody explain the below to a Linux potential newbie? Who is
    >> trying to learn more about Linux is good faith?
    >>
    >> Reuters
    >> Red Hat delays new software for PCs until January
    >> Tuesday December 11, 10:44 am ET
    >> By Jim Finkle

    > Some say Red Hat is the Red Mond of Linux!

    Oh, dear, it's back again.

    He promised in his last treats, it would take a couple of months....

    Surprisingly raylopez666 seems to be very well informed about "Bazaar"
    vs "Cathedral" and Red Hat.

    Do you know what I think?

    I think he's no newbie at all in COLA. I have the idea he's yet another
    sock puppet of one of our long term colatrolls.

    He acts like the legendary Tab "Cola almost got me fired"

    :-D

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

    Microsoft: If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

  5. Re: Why is Redhat late with Linux?

    Verily I say unto thee, that ml2mst spake thusly:

    > He acts like the legendary Tab "Cola almost got me fired"

    It was "linux" that almost fired him ... because he was "buggy".

    ######
    Verily I say unto thee, that [H]omer spake thusly:
    > Rick wrote:
    >> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:00:02 -0700, tab wrote:

    >> (snip)
    >>> tab says: linux almost GOT ME FIRED FOR BEING BUGGY.

    > I didn't realize you were buggy.
    >
    > Ah, so *that* explains why none of your posts make any sense.
    >
    >> ... and you're a liar. YOU almost got YOU fired. Period.

    > He's not a liar ... he's "buggy".
    >
    > /fatal exception/

    ######

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
    | Layer' when they go through our landfill sites." - Siân Berry,
    | Green Party. http://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/2851
    `----

    Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.22.9-91.fc7