Continuent Announces Innovative Database Proxy

,----[ Quote ]
| New Continuent proxy solution provides seamless integration between
| applications and clustered MySQL and PostgreSQL databases.
`----

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2.../emw575435.htm

Other moves that show high activity in the open source world:

Rivet Software Announces Open Source Interactive Data Suite Supporting New US
GAAP Taxonomies

,----[ Quote ]
| Rivet also announced that these market-leading applications will be freely
| available under an open source license.
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=801135

Trend Watch: What's Hot in osCommerce

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the first in a series on osCommerce, the popular free, open-source
| shopping cart alternative, and the industry it has spawned. Next month, we'll
| take a look back at the history of the industry.
`----

http://www.ecommerce-guide.com/solut...le.php/3715606

Open Polytechnic receives international award

,----[ Quote ]
| The annual Mellon Awards for Technology Collaboration recognise the work done
| by not-for-profit organisations globally in the field of open source software
| development and collaboration.
`----

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/ED0712/S00039.htm

IT Mill Integrates Google Web Toolkit (GWT) And Open-Sources Its RIA
Development Tools

,----[ Quote ]
| IT Mill Ltd - one of the experts on RIA (Rich Internet Applications) - has
| released version 5.0 of its IT Mill Toolkit under the Apache 2.0 open-source
| license.
`----

http://www.swbusiness.fi/portal/news...news/?id=20704
http://tinyurl.com/38h8gp

Lots more examples are available. Some of them try to fake it, but some do not.