Nokia dismisses Google open source Android platform

,----[ Quote ]
| Nokia's CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo dismissed Android saying his company had
| already ventured down that path. "Conceptually, we [Nokia] could have made
| that announcement a long time ago."
`----

http://axcessnews.com/index.php/articles/show/id/13352

Is Nokia Looking for Revenue in the Wrong Places?

,----[ Quote ]
| He proposed that iPod and iTunes was an exception, and would be eclipsed by a
| Nokia/Microsoft (MSFT) partnership in short order.
|
| [...]
|
| That conversation echoes the one that nearly every music player manufacturer
| on the planet has had to date. And Microsoft's DRM and poor business
| decisions has managed to undermine the business of every single one of them,
| especially now that Microsoft's Zune competes with them and yet isn't
| compatible with Microsoft's own PlaysForSure music software.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/5682...s?source=yahoo

Days ago:

Nokia to W3C: Ogg is proprietary, we need DRM on the Web

,----[ Quote ]
| But remember, that's not what Nokia is objecting to: they are arguing that
| Ogg is proprietary (it isn't) and that DRM should be part of a Web standard
| (it shouldn't). *
`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/12/09...3c-ogg-is.html

Related:

Nokia to put Microsoft PlayReady onto S60 & S40 cellphone platforms

,----[ Quote ]
| Nokia is to support Microsoft's PlayReady content access technology into the
| Nokia S60 and Series 40 mobile device platforms, starting in 2008.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/index.php?opti...84&Itemid=1055

Mozilla, Opera look to make video on the Web easier

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox and Opera will support a new HTML tag specifically for embedding
| video in Web pages. As long as the browsers support a video's specific codec,
| or encoding method, the browsers will then be able to play the video without
| launching third-party enabling software, said Chris Double, a Mozilla
| engineer. Mozilla and Opera are also working to support the royalty-free
| video codec Ogg Theora. * *
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20...nfoworld/93898

Microsoft: We Like DRM