Keyboard Input - Linux

This is a discussion on Keyboard Input - Linux ; Im having some difficulty getting input from the keyboard across multiple applications. At the moment im running a small program as root that reads /dev/inputs/event2 (the keyboard) and outputs to a file. using the struct i got from keyboard.c which ...

  1. Keyboard Input

    Im having some difficulty getting input from the keyboard across
    multiple applications. At the moment im running a small program as
    root that reads

    /dev/inputs/event2 (the keyboard) and outputs to a file.

    using the struct i got from keyboard.c which seems to work, but im
    sure there must be a better way to read in all the keyboard input into
    a file.

    I need to do this to gather data for use in a keyboard biometrics
    application im trying to write.

    Any help on either what i should be googling for or any snippets of
    code would be great

    thanks

    Phil.

  2. Re: Keyboard Input

    Phil wrote:
    > Im having some difficulty getting input from the keyboard across
    > multiple applications. At the moment im running a small program as
    > root that reads
    >
    > /dev/inputs/event2 (the keyboard) and outputs to a file.
    >
    > using the struct i got from keyboard.c which seems to work, but im
    > sure there must be a better way to read in all the keyboard input into
    > a file.
    >
    > I need to do this to gather data for use in a keyboard biometrics
    > application im trying to write.
    >
    > Any help on either what i should be googling for or any snippets of
    > code would be great
    >
    > thanks
    >

    > Phil.

    Why not read stdin?