How to properly advocate Linux? - Linux

This is a discussion on How to properly advocate Linux? - Linux ; >cc wrote: >> >> I'm a little unsure about how to properly advocate Linux. It's rather simple, really. Don't be immoral....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: How to properly advocate Linux?

    >cc wrote:
    >>
    >> I'm a little unsure about how to properly advocate Linux.

    It's rather simple, really. Don't be immoral.

  2. Re: How to properly advocate Linux?

    On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 08:37:48 -0600, chwisv wrote:
    >> cc wrote:
    >>> I'm a little unsure about how to properly advocate Linux.

    > It's rather simple, really. Don't be immoral.

    "He's obviously mentally ill..."

    "You're a lying POS, Quack."

    "Now fsck off."

    "And when I say wrong, I mean they either very stupid and/or they are
    immoral assholes."

  3. Re: How to properly advocate Linux?

    Jerry McBride wrote:
    > cc wrote:
    >
    >> I'm a little unsure about how to properly advocate Linux.

    > Simple as pie... 1... 2... 3... 4... 5...
    >
    > 1st... as a Linux advocate... use it exclusively. If you advocate
    > Linux, but are seen using windows or somehow infer that you use
    > windows, you will loose credibility.
    >
    > 2nd... get to know the penguin. The more you know about it, the more
    > of an effective advocate you will be.
    >
    > 3rd... generate a few dozen live linux cd's and dvd's and hand them
    > out when ever the moment allows. I hand out hundreds a year, each
    > with a business card taped to it.
    >
    > 4th... when asked to support a windows issue, where ever possible,
    > refer them to Linux solution.
    >
    > 5th... never, ever, engage in a "war of the words" with a windows
    > biggot. You'll never convince them that there are better alternatives
    > to using windows. I just shake their hand and wish them well.

    Do you adhere to all 5 edicts, all the time?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2