Report: Apple threatens shops selling iPhone in Singapore

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple recently threatened retailers in a Singapore mall with legal action if
| they continue to sell unlocked iPhones, prompting many to stop selling the
| handsets, The Straits Times newspaper reported Friday.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20...nfoworld/93891

Related:

Apple to Brick Modded iPhones, Apple Boycott?

,----[ Quote ]
| While community reaction is generally negative, one blogger suggests sending
| an even stronger message to Apple by boycotting Apple on October 1.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story.php/1868...Apple-Boycott/

iPhone matures the "free your phone" movement

,----[ Quote ]
| This is why FreeTheIPhone.org project is born, but even better, why OpenMoko
| project exists. While some are trying to free the locked down device, others
| are creating a free unlocked device from the start, and a whole software
| framework to go with it. *
`----

http://www.mobiliberty.com/iphone_ma...phone_movement

Linux Sees 'Astronomic' Growth in Mobile Devices

,----[ Quote ]
| "We were very aware that the growth in mobile for Linux was huge, but we
| didn't know it was so astronomic," Amanda McPherson, marketing director for
| the Linux Foundation, told LinuxInsider. "These are very encouraging
| numbers." Why Linux has drawn significant support from the community of
| handset manufacturers can be explained on several fronts, McPherson said. * *
`----

Google Android dev kit exposes Apple-inspired roots

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...red_roots.html