[News] Printer 'Pirate' Tax, Hard-drive Software Blocks So-called 'Pirates' (Everyone) - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Printer 'Pirate' Tax, Hard-drive Software Blocks So-called 'Pirates' (Everyone) - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz espoused: > ____/ 7 on Saturday 08 December 2007 06:20 : \____ > >> Micoshaft Asstroturfer Hadron wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation: >> >>> Roy Schestowitz writes: >>> >>>> Western Digital DRM'd Hard Drive Won't Let You ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 47 of 47

  1. Re: [News] Printer 'Pirate' Tax, Hard-drive Software Blocks So-called 'Pirates' (Everyone)

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ 7 on Saturday 08 December 2007 06:20 : \____
    >
    >> Micoshaft Asstroturfer Hadron wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    >>> Roy, when will you stop advocating theft of people's music and video
    >>> creations. "Sharing" is mostly illegal.
    >>>
    >>> You want it? Buy it. Simple.

    > That says a lot about you, 'Hadron'. When people wish to access their music
    > remotely, for example, then you consider that "theft".

    Not really, he's just following the Microsoft Shilcosystem handbook. He
    doesn't have his own ideas or thoughts, he's a PR engine, nothing more.
    You cannot debate things with a PR engine.

  2. Re: Printer 'Pirate' Tax, Hard-drive Software Blocks So-called 'Pirates' (Everyone)

    > > As for the Eagles... I wish they'd just fly away.

    The Eagles were just one of Joe Walsh's backup bands.

  3. Re: [News] Printer 'Pirate' Tax, Hard-drive Software Blocks So-called 'Pirates' (Everyone)

    [H]omer wrote:

    >Hadron, you have the brain of a fossilised pickled walnut, and the moral
    >integrity of Dr. Mengele. If you're not advocating the destruction of a
    >*charity* for the sake of what you call "competition", you're denouncing
    >everyone with media files and a network connection as a "pirate". How
    >you can even have the audacity to breath and feed oxygen to what's left
    >of your withered brain, is a mystery, but the fact that you dare to
    >commit your lunatic vitriol into the public domain of this newsgroup,
    >defies even the most basic reasoning.

    In other words: Quack, you're a piece of sh*t.

  4. Re: [News] Printer 'Pirate' Tax, Hard-drive Software Blocks So-called'Pirates' (Everyone)

    Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:

    > Secretly, they're probably the best of friends :-))
    >
    > [/me ducks vegetables thrown by Homer ]

    Launch the nuclear turnip!

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
    | Layer' when they go through our landfill sites." - Siân Berry,
    | Green Party. http://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/2851
    `----

    Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.22.9-91.fc7

  5. Re: [News] Printer 'Pirate' Tax, Hard-drive Software Blocks So-called'Pirates' (Everyone)

    Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:

    > Want an audio-book on your music player? Order the CD, transcode it
    > to low-band audio format and play it.

    The only audio-books I've ever tried are those "learn while you sleep"
    things, but they only cover rather boring subjects like human language
    or management skills, rather than something useful like "Learn Python"
    or "How to Build a Killer Robot". Shame.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
    | Layer' when they go through our landfill sites." - Siân Berry,
    | Green Party. http://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/2851
    `----

    Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.22.9-91.fc7

  6. Re: [News] Printer 'Pirate' Tax, Hard-drive Software Blocks So-called 'Pirates' (Everyone)

    [H]omer espoused:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
    >
    >> Secretly, they're probably the best of friends :-))
    >>
    >> [/me ducks vegetables thrown by Homer ]

    > Launch the nuclear turnip!

    Arrgh, quick, run - root vegetable derived fissile material fallout
    in the atmosphere...

  7. Re: [News] Printer 'Pirate' Tax, Hard-drive Software Blocks So-called 'Pirates' (Everyone)

    [H]omer espoused:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
    >
    >> Want an audio-book on your music player? Order the CD, transcode it
    >> to low-band audio format and play it.

    > The only audio-books I've ever tried are those "learn while you sleep"
    > things, but they only cover rather boring subjects like human language
    > or management skills, rather than something useful like "Learn Python"
    > or "How to Build a Killer Robot". Shame.

    It depends very much on the reader as well as the book as to how good
    they are. Our last family holiday had us listening to an Iain M Banks
    book which was both compelling and hysterically funny in parts. It
    certainly ate up the miles in and to and from Derbyshire, and caused at
    least a temporary truce in the otherwise fairly constant sibling
    warfare.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3