Who Needs Linux Support?

,----[ Quote ]
| "We see Linux use in businesses progressing to the level of in-house support.
| Typically, the use of Linux is incremental. When starting out, companies will
| rely on outside help. Then they will evaluate their in-house talent and
| adjust accordingly," Doug Small, director of marketing E-Mail Marketing
| Software - Free Trial. Click Here. for open source and Linux at HP, told
| LinuxInsider.
`----

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/...ort-60646.html

Related:

Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Ninety percent of 961 IT professionals surveyed said they have concerns about
| migrating to Vista and more than half said they have no plans to deploy
| Vista. *
|
| [...]
|
| Macintosh leads the pack of Vista alternatives, with support from 28% of
| respondents. About a quarter said they would opt for Red Hat Linux, with SUSE
| Linux and Ubuntu each garnering 18% of the vote. Another 9% cited other Linux
| operating systems and 4% were unsure. *
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/manag...fm?newsid=6258

Poll: In a fight between Vista, OS X, Linux, XP...

,----[ Quote ]
| Among silicon.com readers at least, the most recent iteration of Windows -
| aka Vista - garnered just 14 per cent of the vote, making it less popular
| than both Mac OS X and Linux.
|
| [...]
|
| Another reader - going by the name Richard A - said he was "shocked" at how
| slow the OS ran on a new Intel core duo Sony Vaio laptop. "Why anybody would
| willingly trade a stable and established XP environment for the wading though
| treacle experience of driverless Vista is quite utterly beyond me," he said,
| adding: "Granted, it has borrowed a few nice flourishes from the Apple Mac
| user interface but it really has little else to recommend it above XP. Apart
| from security, of course."
|
| Neil Thatcher, an IT manager from the South East, summed up many readers'
| views with his Reader Comment: "The changes to Vista over XP are simply gloss
| and change for change's sake which translate as nothing more than
| annoyances."
|
| Microsoft was unavailable for comment at the time of publication.
`----

http://software.silicon.com/os/0,390...9169139,00.htm

Ex-MS security guru to dump Media Center for Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Veteran Microsoft security expert, Jesper Johansson, says he may dump
| Microsoft's Windows Media Center in favour of Ubuntu-affiliated LinuxMCE
| after struggling with Redmond's DRM (Digital Rights Management) software. *
`----

http://tinyurl.com/34as9b

Former Windows Developer Trashes Windows Vista, Gets Slapped, Falls Back in
Line

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://soft-vn.net/windows/former-wi...348-11536.aspx