Open Enterprise Interview: Mark Taylor

,----[ Quote ]
| You could say:
| * The community position is "Free, as in 'speech'".
| * The monopolist position is "Free, as in 'worthless'".
| * The OSC position is "Free, as in 'markets'".

Reducing hardware and software costs

,----[ Quote ]
| One of things that ranks even higher than reducing costs on my surveys is
| interest in free software and Open Source applications and operating systems.

Some more open-source things (not Free software):

Jitterbit Launches the World's First Open Source Application & Data Integration

Open SystemC Initiative Releases New Draft Standard for Transaction-Level

,----[ Quote ]
| The TLM-2 draft 2 kit is made available under open source license and
| includes a requirements specification, documentation, library and examples.

European spend on open source software hits 22bn Euros

,----[ Quote ]
| Rishab Ghosh, a senior researcher at the UN University in Maastricht,
| will tell the Open Ireland conference in Dublin that the spend in the
| US on free/libre or open source software (FLOSS) stands at 36bn
| Euros and accounts for 20pc of software spend in the US.

Open source funding: the complete picture

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition to VC funding, we also took a look at the amounts raised
| by open source vendors via initial public offerings. These figures
| are not included in the totals of $1.89bn or $2.02bn, but for those
| that are interested, between them Red Hat, VA, Caldera, Mandriva,
| Turbolinux and Trolltech raised $319.9m via their IPOs.

Open source to hit $22 billion by 2010. What this means for Red Hat and Novell

,----[ Quote ]