Custom user interface with GTK+ - Linux

This is a discussion on Custom user interface with GTK+ - Linux ; Hi, I have done GUI and app development under other systems and an relatively new to GTK+. I want to try something very simple and seem to be struggling with it. I am trying to create a total image based ...

  1. Custom user interface with GTK+

    Hi,

    I have done GUI and app development under other systems and an
    relatively new to GTK+. I want to try something very simple and seem
    to be struggling with it. I am trying to create a total image based
    UI with no stock buttons and such. Everything is icons and text. I
    have tried to lay this out with glade but can't really do what I
    need. For example:

    I want a top toolbar with a background image.
    It contains 2 "buttons" which are each images with on/off states
    (press and release of the mouse).
    The button images are PNG's with drop shadows to blend with the
    toolbar image.

    I think I can use Styles for these things but I can't see a visual
    representation of this in a tool. I see mobile devices like openmoko
    have UI's like this. Do they use a gui builder tool or just code it
    up?

    Thanks for the help,
    Brian

  2. Re: Custom user interface with GTK+

    On Dec 7, 2:50 am, Brian wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have done GUI and app development under other systems and an
    > relatively new to GTK+. I want to try something very simple and seem
    > to be struggling with it. I am trying to create a total image based
    > UI with no stock buttons and such. Everything is icons and text. I
    > have tried to lay this out with glade but can't really do what I
    > need. For example:
    >
    > I want a top toolbar with a background image.
    > It contains 2 "buttons" which are each images with on/off states
    > (press and release of the mouse).
    > The button images are PNG's with drop shadows to blend with the
    > toolbar image.
    >
    > I think I can use Styles for these things but I can't see a visual
    > representation of this in a tool. I see mobile devices like openmoko
    > have UI's like this. Do they use a gui builder tool or just code it
    > up?
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    > Brian

    Hi
    I love the way you are trying in your programming work and i really
    want you to use this opportunity to introduce yourself to an online
    company where you can get instant assistance in all ways with this
    extend you have gone. There you meet alots of programmers in all
    fields of knowlegde applying for jobs by signing up free of charge,i
    expected you to join them because i saw so many you are far better
    than collecting contract project on daily basis. Here's the site,
    http://www.getafreelancer.com/affili...ssage-sms.html

+ Reply to Thread