This time for sure on mobile Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The Wal-Mart Linux PC, priced at $198, is sold out. Zonbu seems to be gaining
| traction, with a notebook priced at $279.
|
| “You’re seeing incredibly improved device drivers. We’ve got hundreds now.
| This is a phenomenal effort that plays to the strength of Linux, a volunteer
| community representing millions of dollars in free development.
|
| “You’re seeing more manufacturers shipping Linux desktops, PCs and laptops
| but also mobile Internet devices from Acer, Motorola’s Razr, TiVo…there’s a
| slew of new devices coming out.”
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1773

ASUS Eee PC 4G Notebook PC (7″, 512 MB RAM) Tiny and fully loaded Laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| Get the power of a full-sized laptop in the ultra-compact ASUS Eee PC 4G,
| which offers a full QWERTY keyboard, 7-inch screen, and preinstalled Linux
| operating system.
`----

http://gadgetgyan.com/index.php/2007...g-notebook-pc/

Related:

Linux Sees 'Astronomic' Growth in Mobile Devices

,----[ Quote ]
| "We were very aware that the growth in mobile for Linux was huge, but we
| didn't know it was so astronomic," Amanda McPherson, marketing director for
| the Linux Foundation, told LinuxInsider. "These are very encouraging
| numbers." Why Linux has drawn significant support from the community of
| handset manufacturers can be explained on several fronts, McPherson said. * *
`----

Google's mobile move: awe-inspiring and terrifying

,----[ Quote ]
| It is also another awe-inspiring -- or terrifying, depending on one's
| perspective -- display of the engineering and business resources Google can
| unleash and of the power it has to influence, disrupt and rearrange markets. *
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20...nfoworld/93133

Google spending hundreds of millions on mobile

,----[ Quote ]
| Anian, a Reuters company that tracks industry trends for institutional
| investors, reported last month that Google had engaged Taiwan's High Tech
| Computer Corpto design a Linux
| software-based phone for launch in the first quarter of 2008. *
`----

http://investing.reuters.co.uk/news/...yID=nN02242073

Microsoft's vision for universal mobile platform a little blurred

,----[ Quote ]
| Unfortunately for Microsoft, Windows Mobile is currently not even in the
| second runner in the smartphone operating systems race. Linux, which is
| widely used on mobile devices in China, is second to Symbian with more than
| 13% market share. Windows mobile is a distant third with about 6% share. *
`---- * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15017/1023/

After the Desktop -- What?

,----[ Quote ]
| I would suggest that the open source community should stop obsessing
| with the battle for the desktop, and start focusing on the battle for
| the platform that will replace it. As I have said before, the day
| will soon come when the notion of having to go to a particular
| machine on a particular room every time you need access to
| information or computer power will be as obsolete as the notion
| of having to go to the hand pump over the well in the front
| yard every time you need water.
`----

http://trevors-trinkets.blogspot.com...ktop-what.html

Linux expected to be leading Smartphone OS market by 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| I just came across this research by Diffusion Group, which found
| that Linux is set to become the leading Smartphone OS by 2010.
`----

http://irfanhabib.wordpress.com/2006...arket-by-2010/

FEATURE: Mobile Linux: Why it will become the dominant mobile OS

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...-os/2007-01-03