Fedora 8 — More than a Linux Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| While it's still early days, one look at Fedora 9's proposed feature list and
| you know what I'm talking about. Not only will the next release come out with
| more spins but if everything goes as planned it will expand the ability to
| create spins from other operating systems and even the web! For sure, Fedora
| has transitioned from just being a Linux distro to a platform for launching
| your own, and it's got the perfect recipe of tools to do so.
`----

http://www.packtpub.com/article/Fedo...x-Distribution

Can Windows and Mac OS X do this?

Kernel space: Tightening symbol exports

,----[ Quote ]
| The kernel puts limits on which functions can be used from a loadable module.
| But instead of an all-or-none approach, one plan would create access control
| lists of which modules are allowed to use which functions.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/120307-kernel.html

Related:

Fedora 8 - a video tour

,----[ Quote ]
| These three short videos -- all less than 8 minutes long -- give you an idea
| of Fedora 8's "look and feel" during the installation and setup process, and
| show you what software is installed by default. The third video shows you how
| to install and -- just as important -- uninstall software in Fedora 8. *
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/121387

Fedora/Linux for Noobs

,----[ Quote ]
| The desktop in Fedora 7 (Gnome) is very pleasing to look at. With clean lines
| and soft colors it has a Mac-like appeal with the taskbars of Windows. You
| can easily add items to the taskbars (panels), move them around, make them
| transparent, and even remove them if wanted. Icons are clear and resizable so
| you’re not stuck with dinky XP icons. I have modified my desktop somewhat for
| productivity. One of the beauties of Linux is the degree of customization
| available to make your workspace the way you want it. * * *
`----

http://blog.coffeedaze.com/?p=66

Review of Fedora 8 (by Simon G. Hildenbrand)

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, I truly believe that Fedora 8 is by far the best Fedora release to
| date (and I've tried every one of them). From the look and feel of the
| system, to the out-of-the-box configuration during installation, I couldn't
| be happier with a cutting edge release. *
|
| As I mentioned before, the biggest aspects of a successful distribution for
| me are suspend/hibernate, correct screen resolution and the the ability to
| change the screen resolution in a GUI if it didn't configure it correctly the
| first time, system stability, and overall look and feel of a distribution.
| For me, Fedora 8 has excelled in all categories when I evaluate and review a
| system and I hope that Fedora continues to release versions that are put *
| together as good as Fedora 8 has been. * *
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20071112#review

Community Welcomes Fedora 8 With Strong Download Numbers

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 8 offers both GNOME and KDE-based Live CDs and a general-purpose
| installable DVD for workstations and servers. It also includes improved Live
| USB support, making it possible to install, boot and run the entire
| distribution off of a USB key without touching the computer's hard disk at
| all. This enhancement makes Fedora attractive to those who wish to experiment
| with Linux without risking their data. * *
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/071112/20071112005990.html?.v=1

Red Hat's Fedora 8 hope: An all-purpose Linux foundation

,----[ Quote ]
| The ability to "re-spin" Fedora is attracting some interest. Among the
| Fedora-based variations that will be available are one for gaming, one for
| designing microprocessors, and one for programmers. *
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9813113-39.html

An old hat with new tricks: Fedora 8 officially released

,----[ Quote ]
| I've been experimenting with Fedora 8 test 3, and I like what I see. This is
| a nice release with a pretty sweet assortment of features that you won't find
| anywhere else. Fedora still manages to differentiate itself and rise above
| many other contenders by delivering early access to new technologies. *
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...-released.html

A peek at Red Hat's Fedora 8 Linux [Screenshots tour]

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.news.com/2300-1016_3-6217482-1.html