Linux drive Wind River earnings .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux drive Wind River earnings .. - Linux ; 'Wind River yesterday announced solid 3Q earnings, touting wins in embedded Linux consumer electronics. In its earnings call yesterday' http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3854518563.html...

  1. Linux drive Wind River earnings ..

    'Wind River yesterday announced solid 3Q earnings, touting wins in
    embedded Linux consumer electronics. In its earnings call yesterday'

  2. Re: Linux drive Wind River earnings ..

    Doug Mentohl espoused:
    > 'Wind River yesterday announced solid 3Q earnings, touting wins in
    > embedded Linux consumer electronics. In its earnings call yesterday'

    The desktop is dead, long live the appliance...

  3. Re: Linux drive Wind River earnings ..

    "Mark Kent" wrote in message
    > Doug Mentohl espoused:
    >> 'Wind River yesterday announced solid 3Q earnings, touting wins in
    >> embedded Linux consumer electronics. In its earnings call yesterday'
    >>
    >> http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3854518563.html

    > The desktop is dead, long live the appliance...

    As he posts this from a desktop machine.

  4. Re: Linux drive Wind River earnings ..

    On 7 Dec, 15:21, "Keith Windsor" wrote:
    > "Mark Kent" wrote in message

    >> The desktop is dead, long live the appliance...

    > As he posts this from a desktop machine.

    Only because you can't go into a computer shop and buy a desktop
    appliance. And businesses are forced to use crapware such as in this
    Internet cafe, the security of which a kid could bypass. Cafeagent and
    Deepfreeze doing the protecting. Can't wait for the Russians to start

    http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ntohl/easy.jpg

  5. Re: Linux drive Wind River earnings ..

    Doug Mentohl espoused:
    > On 7 Dec, 15:21, "Keith Windsor" wrote:
    >> "Mark Kent" wrote in message

    >>> The desktop is dead, long live the appliance...

    >> As he posts this from a desktop machine.

    > Only because you can't go into a computer shop and buy a desktop
    > appliance. And businesses are forced to use crapware such as in this
    > Internet cafe, the security of which a kid could bypass. Cafeagent and
    > Deepfreeze doing the protecting. Can't wait for the Russians to start
    >
    > http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ntohl/easy.jpg

    I regularly my N800 for this, in fact...

  6. Re: Linux drive Wind River earnings ..

    ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 07 December 2007 16:59 : \____

    > Doug Mentohl espoused:

    >>> As he posts this from a desktop machine.

    >> Only because you can't go into a computer shop and buy a desktop
    >> appliance. And businesses are forced to use crapware such as in this
    >> Internet cafe, the security of which a kid could bypass. Cafeagent and
    >> Deepfreeze doing the protecting. Can't wait for the Russians to start
    >>
    >> http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ntohl/easy.jpg
    >>

    > I regularly my N800 for this, in fact...

    Don't forget hybrids like Eee. Some of these are not your old-skool PC which
    has BIOS and room for hardware extensions. 90%+ of the population will be more
    than happy with an alliance that Just Works.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Quote when replying in non-real-time dialogues"

  7. Re: Linux drive Wind River earnings ..

    On 2007-12-07, Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >>> The desktop is dead, long live the appliance...

    >> As he posts this from a desktop machine.

    > Only because you can't go into a computer shop and buy a desktop
    > appliance. And businesses are forced to use crapware such as in this

    What about PS3?

+ Reply to Thread