distributed computing on Linux Alpha - Linux

This is a discussion on distributed computing on Linux Alpha - Linux ; Why so little traffic here?? I have an XP1000 running Gentoo. Fabulous machine, very fast!! Anyhow, I'd like to run some sort of distributed computing client on this machine, however, none of the big dist computing projects offer one for ...

  1. distributed computing on Linux Alpha

    Why so little traffic here??

    I have an XP1000 running Gentoo. Fabulous machine, very fast!!

    Anyhow, I'd like to run some sort of distributed computing client on this
    machine, however, none of the big dist computing projects offer one for
    Linux on Alpha? Why is that?? Anyone here running such a client on
    their machine?

  2. Re: distributed computing on Linux Alpha

    On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 23:51:41 -0000, root
    wrote in <13leecd5leqhm68@corp.supernews.com>:
    > Why so little traffic here??

    > I have an XP1000 running Gentoo. Fabulous machine, very fast!!

    > Anyhow, I'd like to run some sort of distributed computing client on this
    > machine, however, none of the big dist computing projects offer one for
    > Linux on Alpha? Why is that?? Anyone here running such a client on
    > their machine?

    Try the seti@home client from lunatics.at
    http://lunatics.at/index.php?module=Downloads;catd=17

    I've had it running on a PWS500a under Debian Sarge.

    --
    Ivan Reid, School of Engineering & Design, _____________ CMS Collaboration,
    Brunel University. Ivan.Reid@[brunel.ac.uk|cern.ch] Room 40-1-B12, CERN