[News] GNU/Linux is Entering the Wireless/Cable 'Reform' - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] GNU/Linux is Entering the Wireless/Cable 'Reform' - Linux ; Open Movement in the 3G/4G World ,----[ Quote ] | “We’re using Debian Linux, which is pretty much the platform of the whole | device,” says Ari Virtanen, head of the Converged Product Unit. “Basically, | our Linux approach is ...

  1. [News] GNU/Linux is Entering the Wireless/Cable 'Reform'

    Open Movement in the 3G/4G World

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | “We’re using Debian Linux, which is pretty much the platform of the whole
    | device,” says Ari Virtanen, head of the Converged Product Unit. “Basically,
    | our Linux approach is to really participate in open-source projects and
    | programs and to use them in building our products.”
    `----

    http://vonmag.com/news/featured-arti...he-3g/4g-world

    Related (days ago):

    Verizon: Open access should cut costs

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Verizon Communications Inc.'s plan to open its wireless network to any
    | devices, not just Verizon cell phones, is partly motivated by a desire to cut
    | costs, the company's chief operating officer said Wednesday. *
    `----

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071205/...n_open_network

    Verizon Embraces Google's Android

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In yet another sudden shift, Verizon Wireless plans to support Google's
    | (GOOG) new software platform for cell phones and other mobile devices.
    `----

    http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...123_429930.htm

  2. Re: [News] GNU/Linux is Entering the Wireless/Cable 'Reform'

    Roy Schestowitz writes:

    > Open Movement in the 3G/4G World

    I see your boycott novel page is still suspended.

    http://boycottnovell.com/

    Still busy? You need to get someone to sort it out. Looks kind of silly
    on you.

  3. Re: [News] GNU/Linux is Entering the Wireless/Cable 'Reform'

    Hadron wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz writes:

    >> Open Movement in the 3G/4G World

    > I see your boycott novel page is still suspended.

    > http://boycottnovell.com/

    It's back up, got slashdotted, good of you to give it a mention ..

+ Reply to Thread