Suggestions on User Space Device Driver development - Linux

This is a discussion on Suggestions on User Space Device Driver development - Linux ; I have am in the process of writing a driver that is software only. I would like to avoid the caveats of a kernel mode module. I found FUSD ( http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/fusd/ ), but would like to know if this is ...

  1. Suggestions on User Space Device Driver development

    I have am in the process of writing a driver that is software only. I would
    like to avoid the caveats of a kernel mode module. I found FUSD
    (http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/fusd/), but would like to know if this is a
    stable project.

    If you have any other suggestions on projects, articles, etc. on Linux User
    Space Device Drivers, I would greatly appreciate the information. I am just
    attempting to finalize my approach to this effort.

    Thanks,
    Bill

  2. Re: Suggestions on User Space Device Driver development

    On Dec 5, 5:17 pm, "Bill Jaursch" wrote:
    > I have am in the process of writing a driver that is software only. I would
    > like to avoid the caveats of a kernel mode module. I found FUSD
    > (http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/fusd/), but would like to know if this is a
    > stable project.
    >
    > If you have any other suggestions on projects, articles, etc. on Linux User
    > Space Device Drivers, I would greatly appreciate the information. I am just
    > attempting to finalize my approach to this effort.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bill

    Hi
    I love the way you are trying in your programming work and i really
    want you to use this opportunity to introduce yourself to an online
    company where you can get instant assistance in all ways with this
    extend you have gone. There you meet alots of programmers in all
    fields of knowlegde applying for jobs by signing up free of charge,i
    expected you to join them because i saw so many you are far better
    than collecting contract project on daily basis. Here's the site,
    http://www.getafreelancer.com/affili...ssage-sms.html

  3. Re: Suggestions on User Space Device Driver development

    "Bill Jaursch" burped up warm pablum in

    > I have am in the process of writing a driver that is software only. I would
    > like to avoid the caveats of a kernel mode module. I found FUSD
    > (http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/fusd/), but would like to know if this is a
    > stable project.
    >
    > If you have any other suggestions on projects, articles, etc. on Linux User
    > Space Device Drivers, I would greatly appreciate the information. I am just
    > attempting to finalize my approach to this effort.

    Use Google to search for "User Space Device Drivers" and you will get lotsa stuff.

    --
    Tris Orendorff
    [ Anyone naming their child should spend a few minutes checking rhyming slang and dodgy sounding

+ Reply to Thread