[News] Officemax Sells Linux Educational Software - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Officemax Sells Linux Educational Software - Linux ; http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalo...uctId=ARS27036 or http://tinyurl.com/2l6a4a Jumpstart Advanced Kindergarten V2 by Knowledge Adventure | Item # 21171900 (View all ) The JumpStart Advanced Kindergarten 4-CD set helps children practice and build essential Kindergarten skills. Engaging activities address over 50 skills from math and ...

  1. [News] Officemax Sells Linux Educational Software

    http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalo...uctId=ARS27036

    or http://tinyurl.com/2l6a4a

    Jumpstart Advanced Kindergarten V2
    by Knowledge Adventure | Item # 21171900 (View all )
    The JumpStart Advanced Kindergarten 4-CD set helps children
    practice and build essential Kindergarten skills. Engaging
    activities address over 50 skills from math and reading to music
    and art. New Pet Playground lets kids adopt a virtual pet that
    they can play with, groom and train. Prepare your child for
    Kindergarten and beyond.

    o OS Compatability: Windows 98 SE/2000/XP, Mac
    9.x/10.x, *Linux kernel v2.6*
    o Type: Academic

    Usually ships in 1 to 3 days.
    --
    HPT

  2. Re: [News] Officemax Sells Linux Educational Software

    On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 03:11:38 +0900, High Plains Thumper
    wrote:

    >http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalo...uctId=ARS27036
    >
    >or http://tinyurl.com/2l6a4a
    >

    >Jumpstart Advanced Kindergarten V2
    >by Knowledge Adventure | Item # 21171900 (View all )
    >The JumpStart Advanced Kindergarten 4-CD set helps children
    >practice and build essential Kindergarten skills. Engaging
    >activities address over 50 skills from math and reading to music
    >and art. New Pet Playground lets kids adopt a virtual pet that
    >they can play with, groom and train. Prepare your child for
    >Kindergarten and beyond.
    >
    > o OS Compatability: Windows 98 SE/2000/XP, Mac
    >9.x/10.x, *Linux kernel v2.6*
    > o Type: Academic
    >

    >Usually ships in 1 to 3 days.

    Those are excellent programs for kids.
    It's good to see Linux versions.

  3. Re: [News] Officemax Sells Linux Educational Software

    "High Plains Thumper" schreef in bericht
    > http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalo...uctId=ARS27036
    >
    > or http://tinyurl.com/2l6a4a
    >

    > Jumpstart Advanced Kindergarten V2
    > by Knowledge Adventure | Item # 21171900 (View all )
    > The JumpStart Advanced Kindergarten 4-CD set helps children practice and
    > build essential Kindergarten skills. Engaging activities address over 50
    > skills from math and reading to music and art. New Pet Playground lets
    > kids adopt a virtual pet that they can play with, groom and train. Prepare
    > your child for Kindergarten and beyond.
    >
    > o OS Compatability: Windows 98 SE/2000/XP, Mac 9.x/10.x, *Linux
    > kernel v2.6*
    > o Type: Academic
    >

    > Usually ships in 1 to 3 days.
    >

    > --
    > HPT

    For once I agree with you, very interesting cross-platform software,
    George!
    --

  4. Re: [News] Officemax Sells Linux Educational Software

    High Plains Thumper wrote:
    > http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalo...uctId=ARS27036
    >

    > or http://tinyurl.com/2l6a4a
    >
    > [quote]
    > Jumpstart Advanced Kindergarten V2
    > by Knowledge Adventure | Item # 21171900 (View all )
    > The JumpStart Advanced Kindergarten 4-CD set helps children practice and
    > build essential Kindergarten skills. Engaging activities address over 50
    > skills from math and reading to music and art. New Pet Playground lets
    > kids adopt a virtual pet that they can play with, groom and train.
    > Prepare your child for Kindergarten and beyond.
    >
    > o OS Compatability: Windows 98 SE/2000/XP, Mac 9.x/10.x,
    > *Linux kernel v2.6*
    > o Type: Academic

    http://www.knowledgeadventure.com/company.aspx

    Given the history of Apple computers in educational settings and the
    recent phenomenal adoptions of Linux in educational settings (e.g.
    Indiana, Macedonia), they would have to be crazy not to take a
    cross-platform approach.

    Another thing that they'd better have in their business model is the
    ability to run on low-performance hardware.

    I expect they are using Qt:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_%28toolkit%29

    > Qt is a cross-platform application development framework, widely used for the development of GUI programs (in which case it is known as a Widget toolkit), and also used for developing non-GUI programs such as console tools and servers. Qt is most notably used in KDE, the web browser Opera, Google Earth, Skype, Qtopia and OPIE. It is produced by the Norwegian company Trolltech. Trolltech insiders pronounce Qt as "cute"[1].

    I'll guess they are using OpenGL if their stuff is 3D.

  5. Re: [News] Officemax Sells Linux Educational Software

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >Jumpstart Advanced Kindergarten V2
    >by Knowledge Adventure | Item # 21171900 (View all )
    >The JumpStart Advanced Kindergarten 4-CD set helps children
    >practice and build essential Kindergarten skills. Engaging
    >activities address over 50 skills from math and reading to music
    >and art. New Pet Playground lets kids adopt a virtual pet that
    >they can play with, groom and train. Prepare your child for
    >Kindergarten and beyond.
    >
    > o OS Compatability: Windows 98 SE/2000/XP, Mac
    >9.x/10.x, *Linux kernel v2.6*
    > o Type: Academic

    Looks like the only common OS *not* supported is Visduh. 8)

    Seriously, it's pretty cool that a commercial "children's" app like
    this runs under Linux, which, so far, has mostly been shut out of that
    market.

  6. Re: [News] Officemax Sells Linux Educational Software

    flatfish wrote:

    > Those are excellent programs for kids.
    > It's good to see Linux versions.

    I've actually been finding Linux supported listed on PC
    peripherals as well. Still most do not, even when the
    support exists, but a growing number of vendors are
    recognizing the value of adding those few lines of text
    to their packaging. The progress among vendors is slow,
    but it is nice to see it happening.

    Thad

  7. Re: [News] Officemax Sells Linux Educational Software

    High Plains Thumper wrote:
    > http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalo...uctId=ARS27036
    >
    > or http://tinyurl.com/2l6a4a

    Finally there's some Linux software you can understand, Thumper.

    (note: I'm all for non-MS apps on the store shelves - this is a good thing)

  8. Re: [News] Officemax Sells Linux Educational Software

    "chrisv" schreef in bericht
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >>Jumpstart Advanced Kindergarten V2
    >>by Knowledge Adventure | Item # 21171900 (View all )
    >>The JumpStart Advanced Kindergarten 4-CD set helps children
    >>practice and build essential Kindergarten skills. Engaging
    >>activities address over 50 skills from math and reading to music
    >>and art. New Pet Playground lets kids adopt a virtual pet that
    >>they can play with, groom and train. Prepare your child for
    >>Kindergarten and beyond.
    >>
    >> o OS Compatability: Windows 98 SE/2000/XP, Mac
    >>9.x/10.x, *Linux kernel v2.6*
    >> o Type: Academic

    > Looks like the only common OS *not* supported is Visduh. 8)
    >
    > Seriously, it's pretty cool that a commercial "children's" app like
    > this runs under Linux, which, so far, has mostly been shut out of that
    > market.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAH, you dimwitted fool!
    Gepersonaliseerd Resultaten 1 - 50 van circa 15.400.000 voor Linux software
    children (0,24 seconden)

  9. Re: Officemax Sells Linux Educational Software

    On 6 Dec, 18:53, "Clogwog" wrote:
    > "chrisv" schreef in berichtnews:945el35pq3qpojrme8vgdn1i1e7v6r3d9r@4ax .com...
    >

    > > High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > >>Jumpstart Advanced Kindergarten V2
    > >>by Knowledge Adventure | Item # 21171900 (View all )
    > >>The JumpStart Advanced Kindergarten 4-CD set helps children
    > >>practice and build essential Kindergarten skills. Engaging
    > >>activities address over 50 skills from math and reading to music
    > >>and art. New Pet Playground lets kids adopt a virtual pet that
    > >>they can play with, groom and train. Prepare your child for
    > >>Kindergarten and beyond.

    > >> o OS Compatability: Windows 98 SE/2000/XP, Mac
    > >>9.x/10.x, *Linux kernel v2.6*
    > >> o Type: Academic

    > > Looks like the only common OS *not* supported is Visduh. 8)

    > > Seriously, it's pretty cool that a commercial "children's" app like
    > > this runs under Linux, which, so far, has mostly been shut out of that
    > > market.

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAH, you dimwitted fool!
    > Gepersonaliseerd Resultaten 1 - 50 van circa 15.400.000 voor Linux software
    > children (0,24 seconden)

    This was a real nice, happy-clappy, we're all friends here type of
    discussion til you BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAHed your way into it.

  10. Re: Officemax Sells Linux Educational Software

    >On 6 Dec, 18:53, "Clogwog" wrote:
    >>
    >> BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAH, you dimwitted fool!
    >> Gepersonaliseerd Resultaten 1 - 50 van circa 15.400.000 voor Linux software
    >> children (0,24 seconden)

    Yeah, that proves a lot.

    Results 1 - 10 of about 1,520,000 for dinosaurs alive. (0.12 seconds)

    Idiot.

  11. Re: Officemax Sells Linux Educational Software

    chrisv wrote:
    >> "Clogwog" wrote:
    >>
    >>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAH, you dimwitted fool! Gepersonaliseerd
    >>> Resultaten 1 - 50 van circa 15.400.000 voor Linux software
    >>> children (0,24 seconden)

    > Yeah, that proves a lot.
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 1,520,000 for dinosaurs alive. (0.12
    > seconds)
    >
    > Idiot.

    Nog slechter, clogwog is een idioot.

    --
    HPT

  12. Re: Officemax Sells Linux Educational Software

    "chrisv" schreef in bericht
    > >On 6 Dec, 18:53, "Clogwog" wrote:
    >>>
    >>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAH, you dimwitted fool!
    >>> Gepersonaliseerd Resultaten 1 - 50 van circa 15.400.000 voor Linux
    >>> software
    >>> children (0,24 seconden)

    > Yeah, that proves a lot.
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 1,520,000 for dinosaurs alive. (0.12 seconds)
    >
    > Idiot.

    Lol ! Who's the idiot now, chris?
    Gepersonaliseerd Resultaten 1 - 50 van circa 3.560.000 voor Windows sucks
    (0,27 seconden)
    Note to the ridiculous nym-shifter HPT/Rafael. Can you post again? I
    "accidentally" hit the delete-key on your post, before I got a chance to
    read it.
    (Hopefully others are doing the same.)
    --
    http://www.chrisv.justgotowned.com/

    "comp.os.linux.advocacy, COLA, (it's close with COLON) widely known as "The
    rectum of usenet"."

+ Reply to Thread