Build a Portable Security Tool with the ASUS Eee PC and Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| An easier distribution to put on an Eee PC is Ubuntu – especially if you
| don't have a USB CD drive. That's because you can easily make an installer
| USB stick for Ubuntu, and install the OS onto the Eee PC's hard drive from
| that. The wired adapter works straight away with the installer, making
| installation and adding packages simple, and the wireless adapter can easily
| be coaxed in to life using the Windows XP driver supplied by ASUS.
`----

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplane...le.php/3713806

eeePC - the photographer’s friend

,----[ Quote ]
| The Asus eeePC is great for the photographer on the hoof - especially if your
| camera uses SD cards which you can just pop in the slot in the side.
`----

http://www.suppertime.co.uk/blogmywi...aphers-friend/

EEE goes the PC

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...ibble-4dec2007

Related:

Asustek Aims 20% of the PC Market in 2010 with Eee PC.
Traditional PCs Are Too Powerful, Eee PC – Going Back to Basics, Says Asustek

,----[ Quote ]
| “I think the chance of surpassing 20% in 2010 is very high because there will
| be further [Asus Eee] products in the future,” said Jonney Shih, chief
| executive of Asustek, in an interview with DigiTimes web-site. *
`----

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/d...th_Eee_PC.html

Asus Eee PC doing well

,----[ Quote ]
| It appears that this holiday season the gPC is not the only mainstream Linux
| PC to get a lot of attention. The Asus Eee PC, a $400 laptop that runs a
| basic version of Linux, is sold out at Amazon and Best Buy, where it has
| received a 4.5/5 user rating at both places.
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2007/1...pc-doing-well/

The Asus Eee Laptop Series Selling Off the Shelves World Wide

,----[ Quote ]
| The sturdy and light weight Asus Eee has captured the hearts and minds of US
| consumers, students and educators. The Eee series has all the features of its
| competitors, but its affordable price is turning heads. The Eee units are
| literally selling off the shelves world-wide.
|
| [...]
|
| The popular Eee is not without its critics. IT Wire reports that Asus Eee may
| have misrepresented the Linux loaded capabilities. According to IT Wire, some
| Linux advocates say the Eee uses Xandros a Debian-based distribution that
| charges a license fee and has an agreement with Microsoft similar to the one
| signed by Novell.
`----

http://www.physorg.com/news115288648.html

Asus EeePC sold out across Australia