LAMP guide - Linux

This is a discussion on LAMP guide - Linux ; Hi there! Anyone know a good turotial/guide for LAMP? thank in advance....

  1. LAMP guide

    Hi there!

    Anyone know a good turotial/guide for LAMP?

    thank in advance.

  2. Re: LAMP guide

    Charif Lakchiri wrote:

    > Hi there!
    >
    > Anyone know a good turotial/guide for LAMP?
    >
    > thank in advance.

    http://www.gelighting.com/na/ ;-)

  3. Re: LAMP guide

    "James Knott" wrote in message
    > Charif Lakchiri wrote:
    >
    >> Hi there!
    >>
    >> Anyone know a good turotial/guide for LAMP?
    >>
    >> thank in advance.

    > http://www.gelighting.com/na/ ;-)

    haha, very funny!! humour appreciated though

  4. Re: LAMP guide

    "Charif Lakchiri" said:
    >Hi there!
    >
    >Anyone know a good turotial/guide for LAMP?

    Apologies for being blunt, but did you try "lamp" as a search term
    in Google?
    --
    Wolf a.k.a. Juha Laiho Espoo, Finland

  5. Re: LAMP guide

    Charif Lakchiri wrote:

    > Hi there!
    >
    > Anyone know a good turotial/guide for LAMP?
    >
    > thank in advance.

    Since you say notthing about where you are at to start, I'll suggest a stack
    of books about a foot high. LAMP is utilizing several different
    technologies as one, Linux OS, Apache Web Server (with deals with HTML web
    page coding), MySQL Database engine, and PHP Web Scripting language, to be
    effective you should reasonably understand how each functions seperately
    and then how to pull them all together.

    (Starting with the 'L' and 'A')
    Linux and Apache:

    A Linux General Reference i.e. Fedora Core 3 Bible by Negus - Wiely (has the
    OS on CDs in it and everything, really great for learning all the basic
    Linux setup/features.)
    Linux Administration - A beginner's Guide, Saha - Osborne (once you have
    linux going, learn how to properly keep it running.)

    HTML book
    - I like the peachpit press books: Visual Quickstart Guide to HTML

    That should take care if L and A

    (next should be 'P', but I'm going to go to 'M')
    MySQL Books
    - SQL In Easy Steps (Barnes & Noble) again for the noob, gives you a good
    quick look in how SQL works.
    - Visual Quickstart Guide to MySQL (for when you want learn it right)

    (Now for 'P')
    PHP books
    - PHP In Easy Steps (Barnes & Noble) for the utter noob
    - PHP Visual Quickstart Guide (to correct the bad things you learn about in
    the first book)

    Putting LAMP all together
    - Beginning PHP, Apache, MySQL Web Development - WROX books
    - PHP, MySQL Website Programming; Problem - Design - Solution

    That should get you going... oh and several months to take that all in.

    Larry
    --
    01000011 01001100 01000001 01010011 01010011 01001001 01000011
    Larry Anderson - Sysop of Silicon Realms BBS (209) 754-1363 300-14.4k

  6. Re: LAMP guide

    Charif Lakchiri wrote:
    > Hi there!
    >
    > Anyone know a good turotial/guide for LAMP?
    > thank in advance.

    "Setting up LAMP" gets glowing reviews..

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...7/protector-20

    Chris
    --

    http://www.lowth.com/rope - How to write iptables match rules easily
    using an in-kernel scripting language.

    http://www.lowth.com/rope/BlockingBittorrent - example logic for
    blocking bittorrent.

  7. Re: LAMP guide

    Looks like people are not resourceful enough - including the answers.

    Try this - http://www.onlamp.com/ <-- on the left hand side are the
    different components on LAMP you can delve into deeper.

    Good Luck.

    "Charif Lakchiri" wrote in message
    > Hi there!
    >
    > Anyone know a good turotial/guide for LAMP?
    > thank in advance.

  8. Re: LAMP guide

    Juha Laiho wrote:
    > "Charif Lakchiri" said:
    >
    >>Hi there!
    >>
    >>Anyone know a good turotial/guide for LAMP?

    > Apologies for being blunt, but did you try "lamp" as a search term
    > in Google?

    Check out the books from O'Reilly. They have several that are very useful.

    Schmidty

    www.oreilly.com

+ Reply to Thread