PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs - Linux

This is a discussion on PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs - Linux ; On 2007-12-05, O x f o r d wrote: > no jerry, apple will fix a stuck on pixel if you just ask. > > sounds like you have never talked or shown them the manufacturing flaw. Apple disagrees with ...

  1. Re: PCWorld: Linux runs faster than Macs

    On 2007-12-05, O x f o r d wrote:
    > no jerry, apple will fix a stuck on pixel if you just ask.
    >
    > sounds like you have never talked or shown them the manufacturing flaw.

    Apple disagrees with Oxford (no surprise there):

  2. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

    > Oxford
    >
    > For $3,000.00 dollars, I'll bet I could configure a Dell laptop to run
    > faster than that macbook.

    bet is on, you are forgetting apple builds the fastest laptop in the
    world. dell, since it does no engineering, nor board design can't begin
    to compete at apple's level.

    so yes, go ahead and try and build a faster laptop using dell "chopshop"
    components. this will be a hoot to watch you try!

    it's no different than you trying to outclass Ferrari, from parts out of
    a AutoZone...

    gosh, MVP's are more stupid than anyone thought...

  3. Re: PCWorld: Linux runs faster than Macs

    On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 01:42:52 -0000, Tim Smith
    wrote:

    >On 2007-12-05, O x f o r d wrote:
    >> no jerry, apple will fix a stuck on pixel if you just ask.
    >>
    >> sounds like you have never talked or shown them the manufacturing flaw.

    >Apple disagrees with Oxford (no surprise there):

    So do most manufacturers.
    They ALL have criteria regarding stuck/dead pixels.

    My advice?
    If it's under warranty, stick it in the microwave for 15
    seconds..........
    Save your data first....

  4. Re: PCWorld: Linux runs faster than Macs

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > > sounds like you have never talked or shown them the manufacturing flaw.

    > Apple disagrees with Oxford (no surprise there):

    ah, but that is only official policy, if you go into an apple store and
    ask them nicely, and Jerry actually has a stuck "on" pixel, they will
    replace it every time.

  5. Re: PCWorld: Linux runs faster than Macs

    "ed" wrote:

    > > no jerry, apple will fix a stuck on pixel if you just ask.
    > > sounds like you have never talked or shown them the manufacturing flaw.

    > the point oxford, is if 'even the slightest detail is double checked,' as
    > was the claim, why does jerry even need to ask, as it would have been
    > caught.

    i wasn't speaking to manufacturing defects, just engineering / design.

    but again, if jerry wants it fixed, all he has to do is ask.

  6. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    On Dec 4, 1:46 pm, O x f o r d wrote:
    > Another honestly funny Apple Ad which continues to show the downfall of
    > the WinTel industry... just posted, so have a great laugh at the facts:
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/1ums3
    >
    > or here:
    >
    > http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/ap...etamac_misprin...
    > 0x360.mov
    >
    > Read PCWorld's article here:
    >
    > PCWORLD has named Apple's MacBook Pro as the fastest Vista notebook in
    > the world.
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/1umsn
    >
    > or
    >
    > http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,13...s/article.html
    >
    > -
    >
    > You can buy them here:
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/
    >
    > Best deals here:
    >
    > http://www.pcprices.net/
    >
    > ---

    Microsoft probably gets 2-3x te revenue off the sale of Windows to a
    Mac user than to an OEM. So this is bad for Microsoft how?

  7. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    O x f o r d wrote:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >>> http://snipurl.com/1umsn
    >>>
    >>> or
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,13...s/article.html
    >>>
    >>> -
    >>>
    >>> You can buy them here:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/
    >>>
    >>> Best deals here:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pcprices.net/

    >> And your point is what? The Mac Book pro is a standard Intel Core 2 Duo
    >> machine. MS don't make machines. Apple do. Or didn't you know Apple
    >> moved from Motorola some time back? Duh.

    > the point is...
    >
    > Apple is now producing the best Windows hardware you can buy.

    Wouldn't PC World have had to test every PC available to make a
    statement like that?

    > Apple engineers its systems, so it shows "standard" PC vendors can no
    > longer keep pace with Apple's hardware talent.

    I think it scored one point (out of 100) than an Acer. Big deal.

    Steve

  8. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    O x f o r d writes:

    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> I guess using a MAC has made you stupid.

    > Machine Access Control has made BlueBuyYoo stupid?
    >
    > Nope, chrisv is the stupid one for sure here...

    If it's any consolation "chrisv" is ignored in COLA too. And that's
    pretty much "special". In the "retarded" sense. Ask Pete. He will tell
    you.

  9. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    "Julie" writes:

    > BlueBuyYoo wrote:
    >> In chrisv
    >> writes:

    >>> *plonk*

    >>> Stupid nym-shifting troll.

    >> So, advocating Apple hardware in a Mac advocacy group is trolling?

    > Look again:
    > comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.os.windows-xp,comp.os.linux.advocacy,microsoft.public.windows .vista.general

    So you agree?

    --
    Lo malo cuando se finge bueno, es pésimo.
    -- Francis Bacon. (1561-1626) Filósofo y estadista británico.

  10. Re: PCWorld: Linux runs faster than Macs

    On Dec 4, 8:29 pm, O x f o r d wrote:
    > jerryeveretts wrote:
    > > Apple spends TONS of time to make sure even the slightest
    > > > detail is double checked for a lifetime of service.

    > > Thats why my Macbook Pro has an annoying Bright white pixel dead in
    > > the middle of the screen that Apple will do nothing about, they claim
    > > it is acceptable. All the $399.00 Acers I have bought at work for
    > > salesman use have had perfect screens.

    > no jerry, apple will fix a stuck on pixel if you just ask.
    >
    > sounds like you have never talked or shown them the manufacturing flaw.

    They told me it had to have 8 bad pixels. This was at the Genius bar
    in the Florida Mall in Orlando FL.

  11. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    O x f o r d wrote:

    > "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
    >

    >>Oxford
    >>
    >>For $3,000.00 dollars, I'll bet I could configure a Dell laptop to run
    >>faster than that macbook.

    > bet is on, you are forgetting apple builds the fastest laptop in the
    > world. dell, since it does no engineering, nor board design can't begin
    > to compete at apple's level.
    >
    > so yes, go ahead and try and build a faster laptop using dell "chopshop"
    > components. this will be a hoot to watch you try!
    >
    > it's no different than you trying to outclass Ferrari, from parts out of
    > a AutoZone...
    >
    > gosh, MVP's are more stupid than anyone thought...

    hehehe...you drank the entire bottle of kool-aid didn't you...LOL!
    Frank

  12. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 11:46:34 -0700, O x f o r d wrote:

    > Another honestly funny Apple Ad which continues to show the downfall of
    > the WinTel industry... just posted, so have a great laugh at the facts:
    > (snip)

    I guess you haven't had your butt handed to you on the playground
    lately...

    When will you to learn to stay away from places where you are not wanted?
    Oh, I forgot, you are the lousy type of person that like to piss off
    people.

    --
    Rick

  13. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 14:40:01 -0700, O x f o r d wrote:

    >> > poor Peter, continuously angry that Linux has now faded from public
    >> > view.
    >> >
    >> > so mad, he can't even set "follow-ups" correctly!
    >> >
    >> > a one point penalty for that Peter!
    >> >
    >> > alt.os.linux.ubuntu will now laugh at you too!
    >> >
    >> > oxford
    >> >

    >> So OxRetard, the typical MAK user, in his complete utter stupidity adds
    >> groups to his SPAM to *penalize* correctly set Follow-Ups

    > This is a result of your error, not mine. I believe in free speech, you

    no, you believe in forcing your drivel on other people.

    > do not, so I and EVERYONE will start "adding extra Linux groups"

    Liar.

    > whenever you can't figure out how to set your follow ups to the proper
    > groups the poster intended.
    >
    > You need to learn to be HONEST.

    Liar.

    > Like I am... Why are you so scared of
    > the truth? That is the primary question...

    The truth is that you enjoy making people angry, and imposing on them.

    > So now, go run along, get the fastest PC on earth, that happens to be a
    > Mac!

    How many of them are on the 500 fastest list?

    > http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/1ums3
    >
    > or here:
    >
    > http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/apple/getamac/

    apple_getamac_misprint_48
    > 0x360.mov
    >
    > Read PCWorld's article here:
    >
    > PCWORLD has named Apple's MacBook Pro as the fastest Vista notebook in
    > the world.
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/1umsn
    >
    > No wonder Linus moved to the States to be close to Apple,

    He didn't liar.

    > he saw the
    > writing on the wall long ago... while you are still stuck in Germany?
    >
    > Correct?

    No, no correct, but you knew that, liar.

    --
    Rick

  14. Re: PCWorld: Linux runs faster than Macs

    On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 19:04:07 -0700, O x f o r d wrote:

    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> > sounds like you have never talked or shown them the manufacturing
    >> > flaw.

    >> Apple disagrees with Oxford (no surprise there):
    >>

    > ah, but that is only official policy, if you go into an apple store and
    > ask them nicely, and Jerry actually has a stuck "on" pixel, they will
    > replace it every time.

    You are SUCH a lying idiot.

    --
    Rick

  15. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    flatfish wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 20:29:17 -0500, Ben Miller-Jacobson
    > wrote:
    >
    >> BlueBuyYoo wrote:

    >>> So, advocating Apple hardware in a Mac advocacy group is trolling?

    >> No, it is not. However, I am seeing this thread on comp os linux
    >> advocacy (which has a serious infestation of pro-M$ trolls, some of them
    >> possibly paid astrturfers). It is extensively cross posted.
    >> People on COLA can get a bit paranoid about nymshifting trolls being
    >> everywhere because we have such turds as Gary Stewart AKA flatfish, who
    >> maintains over 300 nyms.

    > Yet not a single one has ever been proved.
    > However, High Plains Drifter, Roy Culley, Peter Kohlmann and others
    > have been caught red handed trolling.
    > Why the double standard?

    You admit to trolling and nymshifting every now and then (remember when
    you bragged about your trolling skill and linked to that Vermont Stump
    Product asshatery?). There is rarely proof, but often very strong evidence.

    Look, some of the advocates here use unpleasant, occasionally even
    troll-like tactics at times (mostly in response to troll stupidity). I
    don't respect that very much. However, almost everything you post is
    worthless troll crap, racist, homophobic, untrue, or some combination of
    the above. I don't respect that at all. That is the cause of the double
    standard.

    --
    "Doomed to waving around penguins with bells attached."

    Random Flatfish Nym:
    Traci

  16. Re: PCWorld: Linux runs faster than Macs

    "Rick" stated in post 13lcaa048f9s38b@news.supernews.com
    on 12/4/07 9:29 PM:

    >>> Apple disagrees with Oxford (no surprise there):
    >>>

    >> ah, but that is only official policy, if you go into an apple store and
    >> ask them nicely, and Jerry actually has a stuck "on" pixel, they will
    >> replace it every time.

    > You are SUCH a lying idiot.

    I do not know specifically with the pixel question, but I do know that Apple
    went above and beyond their written policies for me with my new iMac. In
    regards to an issue I was having I called one day past the day they say you
    should to have it be deemed DOA and yet they deemed it as that anyway... and
    then expedited shipping, refunded $100, and gave me the up-to-date pricing
    on Leopard (an additional savings of about $100). I also forgot to send
    them back my modem, cloth, and a cable and offered to ship those back to
    them at my expense (it was my mistake)... they told me not to worry about it
    and just to keep them.

    Not hard to believe that if you have a screen with a flaw that clearly
    effects usability that Apple would work with you and go above their written
    policy.

    --
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments
    that take our breath away.

  17. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    Hadron wrote:
    > O x f o r d writes:
    >
    >> chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>> I guess using a MAC has made you stupid.

    >> Machine Access Control has made BlueBuyYoo stupid?
    >>
    >> Nope, chrisv is the stupid one for sure here...
    >>

    > If it's any consolation "chrisv" is ignored in COLA too. And that's
    > pretty much "special". In the "retarded" sense. Ask Pete. He will tell
    > you.

    Actually, Hadron is ignored. People pay attention to the genuine chrisv,
    but a troll known as clogwog likes to forge him.

    --
    "Doomed to waving around penguins with bells attached."

    Random Flatfish Nym:
    Sammy

  18. Re: PCWorld: Linux runs faster than Macs

    "O x f o r d" wrote in message
    >7 wrote:
    >
    >> Its true Linux runs faster than Appil macs.

    > Not in common use it's not. Only highly tweaked Linux code is faster
    > than OSX.
    >
    >> Its cheaper too.

    > When did that happen? Macs are far cheaper if you have a real job /
    > don't have time to goof around. Macs are the best choice for
    > professionals for that reason alone. It seems only the unemployed use
    > Linux, isn't that interesting...
    >
    >> Go get a decent PC and install some free Linux.

    > And what would be a decent PC? compared to a similarly price Mac? Opps,
    > there are none. .

    I was with you until this utterly stupdi statement.

  19. Re: PCWorld: Linux runs faster than Macs

    "Tim Smith" wrote in message
    > On 2007-12-05, O x f o r d wrote:
    >> no jerry, apple will fix a stuck on pixel if you just ask.
    >>
    >> sounds like you have never talked or shown them the manufacturing flaw.

    > Apple disagrees with Oxford (no surprise there):

    Worthless.

  20. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    "O x f o r d" wrote in message
    > "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Oxford
    >>
    >> For $3,000.00 dollars, I'll bet I could configure a Dell laptop to run
    >> faster than that macbook.

    > bet is on, you are forgetting apple builds the fastest laptop in the
    > world. .

    Idiocy...