PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs - Linux

This is a discussion on PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs - Linux ; On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 15:53:47 -0500, "LENNY" wrote: > > wrote in message >news:b5rg25-fde.ln1@ridcully.ntlworld.com... >> BlueBuyYoo did eloquently scribble: >>> In chrisv >>> writes: >> >>>>O x f o r d wrote: >> >>>>>Another >> >>>>*plonk* >> >>>>Stupid nym-shifting ...

  1. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 15:53:47 -0500, "LENNY" wrote:

    > wrote in message
    >> BlueBuyYoo did eloquently scribble:

    >>> So, advocating Apple hardware in a Mac advocacy group is trolling?

    >> No, but advocating windows vista on apple hardware in a linux newsgroup
    >> is.
    >> Or didn't you spot the crosspost?
    >> It's what oxturd does.
    >> Troll

    >More than half of the posts that Schestowitz makes are about either Windows,
    >Mac, iPod, Zune, Apple, etc. So when he makes these posts is he also
    >trolling?

    Very true....
    And putting {xxxyy} in front of the post does nothing for Google or
    other weblog readers.
    It's just a way of condining off topic posts, and a LOT of them.

  2. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    In article ,
    "Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:

    > On 4 Dec 2007 19:56:05 GMT, BlueBuyYoo wrote:
    >
    > > In chrisv
    > > writes:

    > > >*plonk*

    > > >Stupid nym-shifting troll.

    > > So, advocating Apple hardware in a Mac advocacy group is trolling?

    > No, but cross-posting to Windows and Linux groups is.

    The Wintrolls need to be shown that the Mac and Linux are superior to
    Windoze.

    --
    Posted from my 1999 Apple G4 Sawtooth
    A 450 MHz G4 running OS X 10.4.11

  3. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    O x f o r d wrote:

    >> > So, advocating Apple hardware in a Mac advocacy group is trolling?

    >> comp.sys.mac.advocacy, alt.os.windows-xp, comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    >> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    >>
    >> You scored a whopping 1 out of 4
    >>
    >> Are you a MAK user by chance? Those tend to be especially dense

    > poor Peter, continuously angry that Linux has now faded from public view.
    >
    > so mad, he can't even set "follow-ups" correctly!
    >
    > a one point penalty for that Peter!
    >
    > alt.os.linux.ubuntu will now laugh at you too!
    >
    > oxford

    So OxRetard, the typical MAK user, in his complete utter stupidity adds
    groups to his SPAM to *penalize* correctly set Follow-Ups

    Figures. Mac user are retards, those from CSMA without any exception it
    seems. You will not find posters dumber than that anywhere else
    --
    You're genuinely bogus.

  4. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > >> Are you a MAK user by chance? Those tend to be especially dense

    > > poor Peter, continuously angry that Linux has now faded from public view.
    > >
    > > so mad, he can't even set "follow-ups" correctly!
    > >
    > > a one point penalty for that Peter!
    > >
    > > alt.os.linux.ubuntu will now laugh at you too!
    > >
    > > oxford
    > >

    > So OxRetard, the typical MAK user, in his complete utter stupidity adds
    > groups to his SPAM to *penalize* correctly set Follow-Ups

    This is a result of your error, not mine. I believe in free speech, you
    do not, so I and EVERYONE will start "adding extra Linux groups"
    whenever you can't figure out how to set your follow ups to the proper
    groups the poster intended.

    You need to learn to be HONEST. Like I am... Why are you so scared of
    the truth? That is the primary question...

    So now, go run along, get the fastest PC on earth, that happens to be a
    Mac!

    http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html

    http://snipurl.com/1ums3

    or here:

    http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/ap...ac_misprint_48
    0x360.mov

    Read PCWorld's article here:

    PCWORLD has named Apple's MacBook Pro as the fastest Vista notebook in
    the world.

    http://snipurl.com/1umsn

    No wonder Linus moved to the States to be close to Apple, he saw the
    writing on the wall long ago... while you are still stuck in Germany?

    Correct?

    -

  5. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    In article
    ,
    O x f o r d wrote:

    > Another honestly funny Apple Ad which continues to show the downfall of
    > the WinTel industry... just posted, so have a great laugh at the facts:
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/1ums3
    >
    > or here:
    >
    > http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/ap...ac_misprint_48
    > 0x360.mov
    >
    > Read PCWorld's article here:
    >
    > PCWORLD has named Apple's MacBook Pro as the fastest Vista notebook in
    > the world.
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/1umsn
    >
    > or
    >
    > http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,13...s/article.html
    >
    > -
    >
    > You can buy them here:
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/
    >
    > Best deals here:
    >
    > http://www.pcprices.net/
    >
    > ---

    Stop evading killfiles.

    *plonk again*

    --
    Sandman[.net]

  6. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    < snip >

    abuse@qwest.net -> done
    --
    Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change,
    the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the

  7. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    chrisv wrote:

    > I guess using a MAC has made you stupid.

    Machine Access Control has made BlueBuyYoo stupid?

    Nope, chrisv is the stupid one for sure here...

    Learn what MAC means... hint: there is no computer called a MAC.

    MAC stands for... Machine Access Control

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Access_Control

    So the joke once again is on chrisv!

    Learn even simple computer terminology or don't post again.

    Thanks!

    Oxford

    -

  8. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > No, but advocating windows vista on apple hardware in a linux newsgroup is.
    > Or didn't you spot the crosspost?

    crossposting is quite accepted on usenet, as long as all groups are
    relevant.

    windows vista groups are because vista now runs faster on a mac than on
    a pc, and linux is since many of those users are looking for a way out
    of the mess that linux has become.

    just trying to help!

    -

  9. Re: PCWorld: Linux runs faster than Macs

    Appil corporation asstroturfer O x f o r d wrote on behalf of Appil
    Corporation:

    Its true Linux runs faster than Appil macs.

    Its cheaper too.

    Go get a decent PC and install some free Linux.

    More eye candy than anything appil payees (retardees) are used to.

    Search http://www.youtube.com for compiz and beryl and see what I mean!

    And you know what its all free with source code!

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  10. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > > This is a result of your error, not mine. I believe in free speech, you
    > > do not, so I and EVERYONE will start "adding extra Linux groups"
    > > whenever you can't figure out how to set your follow ups to the proper
    > > groups the poster intended.

    > abuse@qwest.net -> done

    poor Peter, doesn't even understand that qwest could care less about
    someone posting the truth to usenet. I'm located in a FREE SPEECH
    country, not an ignorant, backwards country like Germany.

    so whatever i say is protected by law, qwest can't / won't do a thing
    about it since they are upheld against the 1st amendment.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment

    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment

    so learn how to take honest information and help yourself, learn from
    me... i won't quit for another 50+ years... so make me your teacher to
    better yourself... or get out of your ignorant country... you have a
    choice!

    Oxford

    -

  11. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    O x f o r d did eloquently scribble:
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> No, but advocating windows vista on apple hardware in a linux newsgroup is.
    >> Or didn't you spot the crosspost?

    > crossposting is quite accepted on usenet, as long as all groups are
    > relevant.

    Nothing you EVER post in this newsgroup is relevant.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  12. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    abuse@qwest.net -> done

    --
    Just out of curiosity does this actually mean something or have some
    of the few remaining bits of your brain just evaporated?

  13. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    Oxford

    For $3,000.00 dollars, I'll bet I could configure a Dell laptop to run
    faster than that macbook.

    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    "O x f o r d" wrote in message
    > Another honestly funny Apple Ad which continues to show the downfall of
    > the WinTel industry... just posted, so have a great laugh at the facts:
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/1ums3
    >
    > or here:
    >
    > http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/ap...ac_misprint_48
    > 0x360.mov
    >
    > Read PCWorld's article here:
    >
    > PCWORLD has named Apple's MacBook Pro as the fastest Vista notebook in
    > the world.
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/1umsn
    >
    > or
    >
    > http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,13...s/article.html
    >
    > -
    >
    > You can buy them here:
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/
    >
    > Best deals here:
    >
    > http://www.pcprices.net/
    >
    > ---

  14. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    "...to show the downfall of ..."
    I am not sure how.

    It does give another hardware option for Windows users thus in a small
    way increasing the value of Windows.
    The greater flexibility for Windows installations can only be good for
    Microsoft, Windows and Windows users since Windows can run on more
    hardware.
    there are more choices and choice is good for consumers.
    Perhaps Microsoft owes thanks the Mac for increasing the value of
    their product.

    Microsoft does not sell hardware and where users get their hardware
    makes little difference to Microsoft.
    If users get their hardware with Windows, it is normally OEM with a
    smaller price tag and margin of profit.
    If users acquire their own hardware be it a Mac or something else,
    then they purchase Windows themselves at a higher cost.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "O x f o r d" wrote in message
    > Another honestly funny Apple Ad which continues to show the downfall
    > of
    > the WinTel industry... just posted, so have a great laugh at the
    > facts:
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/1ums3
    >
    > or here:
    >
    > http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/ap...ac_misprint_48
    > 0x360.mov
    >
    > Read PCWorld's article here:
    >
    > PCWORLD has named Apple's MacBook Pro as the fastest Vista notebook
    > in
    > the world.
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/1umsn
    >
    > or
    >
    > http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,13...s/article.html
    >
    > -
    >
    > You can buy them here:
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/
    >
    > Best deals here:
    >
    > http://www.pcprices.net/
    >
    > ---

  15. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 14:00:59 -0700, O x f o r d wrote:

    WTF
    nym-shifting dillhole troll
    *plonk*
    again

  16. Re: PCWorld: Linux runs faster than Macs

    Apple spends TONS of time to make sure even the slightest
    > detail is double checked for a lifetime of service.

    Thats why my Macbook Pro has an annoying Bright white pixel dead in
    the middle of the screen that Apple will do nothing about, they claim
    it is acceptable. All the $399.00 Acers I have bought at work for
    salesman use have had perfect screens.

  17. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    BlueBuyYoo wrote:
    > In chrisv writes:
    >
    >> O x f o r d wrote:

    >>> Another

    >> *plonk*

    >> Stupid nym-shifting troll.

    > So, advocating Apple hardware in a Mac advocacy group is trolling?

    No, it is not. However, I am seeing this thread on comp os linux
    advocacy (which has a serious infestation of pro-M$ trolls, some of them
    possibly paid astrturfers). It is extensively cross posted.
    People on COLA can get a bit paranoid about nymshifting trolls being
    everywhere because we have such turds as Gary Stewart AKA flatfish, who
    maintains over 300 nyms.
    --
    "Doomed to waving around penguins with bells attached."

    Random Flatfish Nym:
    Â detective48

  18. Re: PCWorld: Linux runs faster than Macs

    jerryeveretts wrote:

    > Apple spends TONS of time to make sure even the slightest
    > > detail is double checked for a lifetime of service.

    > Thats why my Macbook Pro has an annoying Bright white pixel dead in
    > the middle of the screen that Apple will do nothing about, they claim
    > it is acceptable. All the $399.00 Acers I have bought at work for
    > salesman use have had perfect screens.

    no jerry, apple will fix a stuck on pixel if you just ask.

    sounds like you have never talked or shown them the manufacturing flaw.

  19. Re: PCWorld: Macs run Vista faster than PCs

    On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 20:29:17 -0500, Ben Miller-Jacobson
    wrote:

    >BlueBuyYoo wrote:

    >>> *plonk*

    >>> Stupid nym-shifting troll.

    >> So, advocating Apple hardware in a Mac advocacy group is trolling?

    >No, it is not. However, I am seeing this thread on comp os linux
    >advocacy (which has a serious infestation of pro-M$ trolls, some of them
    >possibly paid astrturfers). It is extensively cross posted.
    >People on COLA can get a bit paranoid about nymshifting trolls being
    >everywhere because we have such turds as Gary Stewart AKA flatfish, who
    >maintains over 300 nyms.

    Yet not a single one has ever been proved.
    However, High Plains Drifter, Roy Culley, Peter Kohlmann and others
    have been caught red handed trolling.
    Why the double standard?

  20. Re: PCWorld: Linux runs faster than Macs

    "O x f o r d" wrote in message
    > jerryeveretts wrote:
    >
    >> Apple spends TONS of time to make sure even the slightest
    >> > detail is double checked for a lifetime of service.

    >> Thats why my Macbook Pro has an annoying Bright white pixel dead in
    >> the middle of the screen that Apple will do nothing about, they claim
    >> it is acceptable. All the $399.00 Acers I have bought at work for
    >> salesman use have had perfect screens.

    > no jerry, apple will fix a stuck on pixel if you just ask.
    > sounds like you have never talked or shown them the manufacturing flaw.

    the point oxford, is if 'even the slightest detail is double checked,' as
    was the claim, why does jerry even need to ask, as it would have been
    caught.