consume a web service on a windows server - Linux

This is a discussion on consume a web service on a windows server - Linux ; is it possible for an application that is run on linux, to consume a web service that was developed in .net and is stored on a windows server? i am not a linux programmer, we are developing a distributed application ...

  1. consume a web service on a windows server

    is it possible for an application that is run on linux, to consume a
    web service that was developed in .net
    and is stored on a windows server?

    i am not a linux programmer, we are developing a distributed
    application and we are considering using web services to communicate
    between the clients and the server. we may want some of the clients to
    run on linux,
    so i need to know if it will be possible to call the web service from
    linux.

    thanks,

    lior.

  2. Re: consume a web service on a windows server

    lior_kovarsky@yahoo.com wrote:

    > is it possible for an application that is run on linux, to
    > consume a web service that was developed in .net
    > and is stored on a windows server?

    The communication with a web application is done through HTTP
    requests, which are by nature, independent of the OS.

    So as long you just want to access the windows server, the client
    OS just doesn't matter.

    Wolfgang Draxinger
    --
    E-Mail address works, Jabber: hexarith@jabber.org, ICQ: 134682867

  3. Re: consume a web service on a windows server

    lior_kovarsky@yahoo.com wrote:

    > is it possible for an application that is run on linux, to consume a
    > web service that was developed in .net
    > and is stored on a windows server?

    Yes. Its not as easy as it is with windows,but not at all hard
    either. The windows WSDL (http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl) will even
    tell you the format of the XML request and response.

    Erik
    Erik de Castro Lopo
    Sex tourism islamic style:
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/1219601.cms