power buttons and children - Linux

This is a discussion on power buttons and children - Linux ; While I'm working away my kids sometimes wander up and press the power button on my laptop (FC2) - can be somewhat irritating. I assume there's a way to change the operation of the power button through software. I was ...

  1. power buttons and children

    While I'm working away my kids sometimes wander up and press the power button on my laptop (FC2) - can be somewhat irritating. I assume there's a way to change the operation of the power button through software.

    I was wondering whether anyone knows of any scripts which will enable and disable the power button?

    TIA

    Brendan

  2. Re: power buttons and children

    Brendan S (Scratch User) wrote:

    > While I'm working away my kids sometimes wander up and press the power
    > button on my laptop (FC2) - can be somewhat irritating. I assume
    > there's a way to change the operation of the power button through software.
    >
    > I was wondering whether anyone knows of any scripts which will enable
    > and disable the power button?
    > TIA
    >

    > Brendan

    I don't know about such scripts, but usually you can set an option in
    the system BIOS that will require the power button to be held for a
    number of seconds, before the system is actually powered down.
    But IMO the only *real* solution would be to tell your kids not to touch
    your stuff.

    Berend

+ Reply to Thread