Banking industry migrates to Vista - Linux

This is a discussion on Banking industry migrates to Vista - Linux ; "However i know that HSBC in the UK and also Barclays Bank both have a massive vista presence in their IT systems." http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/i...4882.msg246940 (note: I'm trying on some Roy Schestowitz-type lying spam. How do you like it?)...

  1. Banking industry migrates to Vista

    "However i know that HSBC in the UK and also Barclays Bank both have a
    massive vista presence in their IT systems."

    http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/i...4882.msg246940

    (note: I'm trying on some Roy Schestowitz-type lying spam. How do you like
    it?)

  2. Re: Banking industry migrates to Vista

    On Dec 3, 9:24 pm, "DFS" wrote:
    > "However i know that HSBC in the UK and also Barclays Bank both have a
    > massive vista presence in their IT systems."
    >
    > http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/i...4882.msg246940
    >
    > (note: I'm trying on some Roy Schestowitz-type lying spam. How do you like
    > it?)

    Great advocacy. Indeed, it is on-topic and pro-charter. This is,
    exactly, what COLA needs. Keep it up.

  3. Re: Banking industry migrates to Vista

    DFS wrote:

    > "However i know that HSBC in the UK and also Barclays Bank both have a
    > massive vista presence in their IT systems."

    Now I know, as a Barclays customer why they cannot get their act together
    and their service is ****. Things were much better when the Woolwich was
    independent.

    Tim.

  4. Re: Banking industry migrates to Vista

    On Dec 3, 11:26 pm, mark.kent.is.ow...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Dec 3, 9:24 pm, "DFS" wrote:
    >
    > > "However i know that HSBC in the UK and also Barclays Bank both have a
    > > massive vista presence in their IT systems."

    > >http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/i...4882.msg246940

    Love the link. Are you sure that's the one you wanted to send?
    Perhaps Microsoft is doing with Barklays, what they have done with the
    OEMS.
    The customer is on Platinum Support, therefore the customer
    automaticallly gets upgraded to a vista Business LICENSE,
    which then permits them to "downgrade" to Windows XP. Physically,
    nothing has changed in terms of the physical software on the machine.
    Legally, it allows Microsoft to claim that they have "Shipped"
    thousands more new copies of Vista, which they desperately need to do
    to keep up the appearance that Vista isn't a technological disaster.

    > > (note: I'm trying on some Roy Schestowitz-type lying spam. How do you like it?)

    You might want to add some additional links to more reputable
    sources. You might want to include some confirmations from
    Microsoft's promotional pages. Roy frequently quotes blogs, but backs
    them up with secondary supporting references. Most of those are from
    more credible sources like ZD-Net publications or C/NET publications.

    > Great advocacy. Indeed, it is on-topic and pro-charter. This is,
    > exactly, what COLA needs. Keep it up.

  5. Re: Banking industry going down the pan with Vista

    Micoshaft Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    > "However i know that HSBC in the UK and also Barclays Bank both have a
    > massive vista presence in their IT systems."
    >
    > http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/i...4882.msg246940

    This is off topic. Besides Barlays$ is going down the pan
    and this will merely accelerate the process.
    The last company that was 100% micoshaft house that went
    down the pan was Natwest$. Its their crap IT that brought them down.

    > (note: I'm trying on some Roy Schestowitz-type lying spam. How do you
    > like it?)

    This is a Linux newsgroup and YOU are posting off topic.

    Try some Linux instead of promoting micoshaft corporation's
    products on Linux newsgroups.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  6. Re: Banking industry migrates to Vista

    SomeBloke wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "However i know that HSBC in the UK and also Barclays Bank both have
    >> a massive vista presence in their IT systems."

    > Now I know, as a Barclays customer why they cannot get their act
    > together and their service is ****. Things were much better when the
    > Woolwich was independent.

    You should find a bank that runs only on state-of-the-art open source
    software.
    heh! Made myself laugh with that bit of ridiculousness!

  7. HSBC runs on Linux Barclays ..

    On 4 Dec, 03:24, "DFS" wrote:

    > "However i know that HSBC in the UK and also Barclays Bank both have a massive vista presence in their IT systems."

    Solaris Apache 19-Oct-2007 ..
    http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?...barclays.co.uk

    HSBC takes Linux to the Bank
    http://www.osv.org.au/index.cgi?tid=59

    "Microsoft will provide HSBC with certificates .. to Suse Linux
    Enterprise Server from Novell"

    http://www.computing.co.uk/computing...c-novell-linux

    This has to be proof of how scared MS really is, that they would do
    such a deal ..

  8. Re: HSBC runs on Linux Barclays ..

    Doug Mentohl espoused:
    > On 4 Dec, 03:24, "DFS" wrote:
    >
    >> "However i know that HSBC in the UK and also Barclays Bank both have a massive vista presence in their IT systems."

    > Solaris Apache 19-Oct-2007 ..
    > http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?...barclays.co.uk
    >
    > HSBC takes Linux to the Bank
    > http://www.osv.org.au/index.cgi?tid=59
    >
    > "Microsoft will provide HSBC with certificates .. to Suse Linux
    > Enterprise Server from Novell"
    >
    > http://www.computing.co.uk/computing...c-novell-linux
    >
    > This has to be proof of how scared MS really is, that they would do
    > such a deal ..

    Novell trouser cash for the "certificates". It's a deal being pushed by
    Novell in order to shore up their collapsing finances. Personally, I
    wouldn't use HSBC if they're using Vista, and I would avoid them if
    they're buying certificates, too.