[News] Dell: Linux currently growing faster then Windows - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Dell: Linux currently growing faster then Windows - Linux ; Google Translation: The competition between Linux and Windows is a known fact. What is new is that Microsoft partner Dell now says that Linux is growing stronger than Windows, in the area of servers. Also declares that Dell Linux on ...

  1. [News] Dell: Linux currently growing faster then Windows

    Google Translation:

    The competition between Linux and Windows is a known fact. What is new
    is that Microsoft partner Dell now says that Linux is growing stronger
    than Windows, in the area of servers. Also declares that Dell Linux on
    the desktop to the expectation.

    Dell CEO Michael Dell says that Linux on the server is doing well. "On
    the server side Linux continues to grow well, even slightly faster than
    Windows," said Dell at the ITxpo meeting in Orlando (Florida) by
    researcher Gartner.

    "We see a movement towards Linux for business critical applications, and
    the Linux migration not lose momentum." That he implicitly referred to
    the patentenclaims that Microsoft claims to have technology in Linux.
    Dell says that there are protective mechanisms for customers who are
    worried about patents. He said, however, no concrete promises for
    protection ( 'indemnification') against legal claims.

    Meanwhile, the PC manufacturer also mentions his experiences with
    desktopdistributie Ubuntu, four months after the announcement.
    Linux-manager John Hull Dell said that it expected to do.

    We had originally estimated sales of 1 percent of our total PC sales, or
    20,000 systems per year. The Ubuntu program complies so far short of
    expectations.

    Hull says we earned a lot of attention from the open-source community
    for preinstalled Ubuntu. "While we have more than eight years Linux. But
    many people where not aware of that. So it was difficult for companies
    to get so far that they support Linux.

    Original (Dutch) article:

    http://www.datanews.be/nl/news/90-6-...n-windows.html

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  2. Re: [News] Dell: Linux currently growing faster then Windows

    ml2mst wrote:
    > Google Translation:
    >
    > The competition between Linux and Windows is a known fact. What is new
    > is that Microsoft partner Dell now says that Linux is growing stronger
    > than Windows, in the area of servers. Also declares that Dell Linux on
    > the desktop to the expectation.
    >
    > Dell CEO Michael Dell says that Linux on the server is doing well. "On
    > the server side Linux continues to grow well, even slightly faster
    > than Windows," said Dell at the ITxpo meeting in Orlando (Florida) by
    > researcher Gartner.

    Servers only? Your thread subject doesn't mention that. Why not?

    Congrats on a misleading, deceptive, slimy cola post! Many more to come,
    I'm sure.

  3. Re: Dell: Linux currently growing faster then Windows

    On Dec 3, 11:01 pm, "DFS" wrote:
    > ml2mst wrote:
    > > Google Translation:

    > > Dell now says that Linux is growing stronger
    > > than Windows, in the area of servers.

    > Servers only? Your thread subject doesn't mention that. Why not?
    >
    > Congrats on a misleading, deceptive, slimy cola post! Many more to come,
    > I'm sure.

    The gay is, indeed, following spammer's footsteps. Joining the COLA
    gang, and submitting himself to pumpkin-bellied Mark Kent, and serving
    Roy's commands, he is rising in the ranks, much to the dislike of 7
    and chrisv.

    Hope his masters pay him well.

  4. Re: [News] Dell: Linux currently growing faster then Windows

    ____/ ml2mst on Tuesday 04 December 2007 03:44 : \____

    > Google Translation:
    >
    > The competition between Linux and Windows is a known fact. What is new
    > is that Microsoft partner Dell now says that Linux is growing stronger
    > than Windows, in the area of servers. Also declares that Dell Linux on
    > the desktop to the expectation.
    >
    > Dell CEO Michael Dell says that Linux on the server is doing well. "On
    > the server side Linux continues to grow well, even slightly faster than
    > Windows," said Dell at the ITxpo meeting in Orlando (Florida) by
    > researcher Gartner.
    >
    > "We see a movement towards Linux for business critical applications, and
    > the Linux migration not lose momentum." That he implicitly referred to
    > the patentenclaims that Microsoft claims to have technology in Linux.
    > Dell says that there are protective mechanisms for customers who are
    > worried about patents. He said, however, no concrete promises for
    > protection ( 'indemnification') against legal claims.
    >
    > Meanwhile, the PC manufacturer also mentions his experiences with
    > desktopdistributie Ubuntu, four months after the announcement.
    > Linux-manager John Hull Dell said that it expected to do.
    >
    > We had originally estimated sales of 1 percent of our total PC sales, or
    > 20,000 systems per year. The Ubuntu program complies so far short of
    > expectations.
    >
    > Hull says we earned a lot of attention from the open-source community
    > for preinstalled Ubuntu. "While we have more than eight years Linux. But
    > many people where not aware of that. So it was difficult for companies
    > to get so far that they support Linux.
    >
    > Original (Dutch) article:

    http://www.datanews.be/nl/news/90-6-...n-windows.html

    They said this several months ago as well. According to figure of shipped units
    alone (bear in mind that Windows servers are bought, whereas many Linux
    servers are built independents), Linux grows at a pace of about 34% per
    quarter, depending on who /funds/ the 'study' (usually Microsoft).

    Bear in mind that when troll lash out at such figure, it's a sign of
    acknowledgement and fear. Earlier today, an analyst agreed that Linux will
    gain 50% of the enterprise market within a "few years". This aligns with Red
    Hat's expectations.

    __

    Server sales turn vendors into very happy bunnies

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | X86 server sales generated 50 per cent of factory revenue for the first time,
    | growing 16 per cent year on year. Sales of Windows servers grew by 14 per
    | cent annually but Linux revs were up 34 per cent. *
    `----

    Red Hat profit rises on 42 percent revenue hike

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    http://open.itworld.com/5033/070627red/page_1.html

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Linux: mint and self-contained 'out of the box'
    07:00:02 up 34 days, 10:58, 3 users, load average: 2.29, 3.16, 2.68

  5. Re: [News] Dell: Linux currently growing faster then Windows

    DFS wrote:

    > misleading, deceptive, slimy

    Now, now, DooFuS... don't keep running yourself down.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....666 mg: Recommended Minimum Daily Requirement of the Beast

    Owner and proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

  6. Re: [News] Dell: Linux currently growing faster then Windows

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    >DFS wrote:
    >
    >> misleading, deceptive, slimy

    >Now, now, DooFuS... don't keep running yourself down.

    Actually, for him, those are points of pride.

  7. Re: [News] Dell: Linux currently growing faster then Windows

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAH!!, you stupid ****!
    http://www.statesman.com/business/co...shipments.html

    --
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...lin-idiot.html
    The "ml2mst" Marti T. van Lin idiot
    Marti is a flaming homosexual who brags how his gay lover used to F*#% his
    brains out.
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.o...8024a298dee592
    ml2mst attempts to make well reasoned sounding posts, but his obsessions get
    in the way. He sees trolls and homophobics behind every reply that disagrees
    with him. However this is a typical wellknown COLA lintards tactic.
    Dr. Franz-Jozef Hueker was viciously attacked by ml2mst in alt.os.ubuntu.
    The combination of Dr. and bad German, was enough to bring him to the
    conclusion that it was "yet another troll". ml2mst is on the "Barnacle list,
    with persons who haunt usenet by calling almost anyone who disagrees with
    them, or offers dissenting opinions a "troll". In his deluded mind "net
    kooks" and trolls are "pursuing" him around Usenet.
    He is easily driven to pathetic, useless attempts to NetKKKop people. He
    exposes his homosexuality widely across usenet. He brags about his dead
    friend Gerard "****ing his brains out", "Which you silly sissies can't
    accomplish". He is a COLA regular wannabe, his attempts to make friends with
    Roy Schestowitz, Mark Kent and other COLA liars are pathetic.

  8. Re: [News] Dell: Linux currently growing faster then Windows

    Hans wrote:

    >BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAH!!

    *plonk*

  9. Re: [News] Dell: Linux currently growing faster then Windows

    "chrisv" schreef in bericht
    > Hans wrote:
    >
    >>BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAH!!

    > *plonk*

    [follow up]
    I'm very sorry I plonked you Hans. My shrink gave me those new meds today to
    refrain me from plonking people, but the dosage isn't what it should be!
    Plonking people is my obsessive-compulsive neurosis!

  10. Re: [News] Dell: Linux currently growing faster then Windows

    The mental ward escape "Clogwog", pretending to be chrisv wrote:

    > "chrisv" schreef in bericht
    >> Hans wrote:
    >>
    >>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAH!!

    >> *plonk*

    How funny, now your plonking your own nyms :-D

    > [follow up]
    > I'm very sorry I plonked you Hans. My shrink gave me those new meds
    > today to refrain me from plonking people, but the dosage isn't what it
    > should be! Plonking people is my obsessive-compulsive neurosis!

    Quit talking to your self cloggy, you have become sooooo predictable.

    l00n!

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  11. Re: [News] Dell: Linux currently growing faster then Windows

    On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 04:44:48 +0100, ml2mst wrote:

    > We had originally estimated sales of 1 percent of our total PC sales, or
    > 20,000 systems per year. The Ubuntu program complies so far short of
    > expectations.

    They should make the link on the main page more obvious for those people
    interested in the Ubuntu PC's.

    I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop with Ubuntu for my wife and she uses it
    as her only machine at home. It has worked out very well.

    --
    // This is my opinion.

  12. Re: [News] Dell: Linux currently growing faster then Windows

    Hans wrote:

    *Plonk*

    --
    "Doomed to waving around penguins with bells attached."

    Rand>m Flatfish Nym:
    nate_mcspook

+ Reply to Thread