How to Charge an iPod using electrolytes and an onion - Linux

This is a discussion on How to Charge an iPod using electrolytes and an onion - Linux ; In video I show you how to charge your iPod (or other mp3 player) for up to 20 minutes using electrolytes derived from Gatorade or Powerade which are then stored within the cells of an onion. You will need: 1. ...

  1. How to Charge an iPod using electrolytes and an onion

    In video I show you how to charge your iPod (or other mp3 player) for
    up to 20 minutes using electrolytes derived from Gatorade or Powerade
    which are then stored within the cells of an onion.

    You will need:

    1. 1 White onion
    2. 2 cups of Gatorade
    3. Screwdriver
    4. iPod and USB cable

    http://news.1111mb.com/Ipod.html

  2. Re: How to Charge an iPod using electrolytes and an onion

    On 2007-12-03, baary wrote:
    > In video I show you how to charge your iPod (or other mp3 player) for
    > up to 20 minutes using electrolytes derived from Gatorade or Powerade
    > which are then stored within the cells of an onion.

    Careful with this kind of thing. A friend of mine once made a battery
    using coins and paper towels soaked in salt water. He then tried to use
    it to apply a current to himself. The police came, and took him away.

    I asked the officer why they were taking my friend away, and they said
    it was because he was being charged with a salted battery.

  3. Re: How to Charge an iPod using electrolytes and an onion

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Tim Smith

    wrote
    on Tue, 04 Dec 2007 01:06:35 -0000
    <13l9a0rejjcf56f@news.supernews.com>:
    > On 2007-12-03, baary wrote:
    >> In video I show you how to charge your iPod (or other mp3 player) for
    >> up to 20 minutes using electrolytes derived from Gatorade or Powerade
    >> which are then stored within the cells of an onion.

    > Careful with this kind of thing. A friend of mine once made a battery
    > using coins and paper towels soaked in salt water. He then tried to use
    > it to apply a current to himself. The police came, and took him away.
    >
    > I asked the officer why they were taking my friend away, and they said
    > it was because he was being charged with a salted battery.

    It could be worse. A certain car manufacturer has a
    brand of car named the Saturn ION. This car, of course,
    is produced in the US and presumably subject to a number
    of regulations; the building and operation of this device
    would have subjected the operator to charges of ...
    illegal ION migration.

    Depending on how thick the Gatorade is boiled down to,
    it's far from clear how well the charges would stick.

    (OK, it's a stretch. I could have gone with the Buick
    Electra, but that's not exactly the newest car model.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because life's too short for a buggy OS.

  4. Re: How to Charge an iPod using electrolytes and an onion

    Tim Smith wrote:
    > On 2007-12-03, baary wrote:
    >> In video I show you how to charge your iPod (or other mp3 player) for
    >> up to 20 minutes using electrolytes derived from Gatorade or Powerade
    >> which are then stored within the cells of an onion.

    > Careful with this kind of thing. A friend of mine once made a battery
    > using coins and paper towels soaked in salt water. He then tried to use
    > it to apply a current to himself. The police came, and took him away.
    >
    > I asked the officer why they were taking my friend away, and they said
    > it was because he was being charged with a salted battery.

    Not a terrible joke.

    --
    "Doomed to waving around penguins with bells attached."

    Random Flatfish Nym:
    Danny Kwong

+ Reply to Thread