Google Maps for mobile with My Location (beta) - Linux

This is a discussion on Google Maps for mobile with My Location (beta) - Linux ; The new "My Location" (beta) feature on Google Maps for mobile helps you know where you are on the map, even if your phone doesn't have GPS. Just press [0] to move the map to your approximate location. Save time ...

  1. Google Maps for mobile with My Location (beta)

    The new "My Location" (beta) feature on Google Maps for mobile helps
    you know where you are on the map, even if your phone doesn't have
    GPS. Just press [0] to move the map to your approximate location. Save
    time and tedious keystrokes finding where you are, what's around you,
    and how to get there.

    This is a video of this application : http://news.1111mb.com/GoogleLocation.html

    ++

  2. Re: Google Maps for mobile with My Location (beta)

    baary wrote:

    > The new "My Location" (beta) feature on Google Maps for mobile helps
    > you know where you are on the map, even if your phone doesn't have
    > GPS. Just press [0] to move the map to your approximate location. Save
    > time and tedious keystrokes finding where you are, what's around you,
    > and how to get there.
    >
    > This is a video of this application :
    > http://news.1111mb.com/GoogleLocation.html
    >
    > ++

    Orange have had that for a long time, my users use it on their piddly little
    phones, the maps are small and only cover the few streets around you, but
    it's ok, worked well for me in London (I am always lost in London). On my
    PDA though it comes up much better, still only a couple of streets but I
    can actually read the road names on my screen.

    These are just phones not PDAs. Actually as I'm typing this I think the
    first mobile I saw it on was a BT one (before they were O2).

  3. Re: Google Maps for mobile with My Location (beta)

    BearItAll writes:

    > baary wrote:
    >
    >> The new "My Location" (beta) feature on Google Maps for mobile helps
    >> you know where you are on the map, even if your phone doesn't have
    >> GPS. Just press [0] to move the map to your approximate location. Save
    >> time and tedious keystrokes finding where you are, what's around you,
    >> and how to get there.
    >>
    >> This is a video of this application :
    >> http://news.1111mb.com/GoogleLocation.html
    >>
    >> ++

    > Orange have had that for a long time, my users use it on their piddly little
    > phones, the maps are small and only cover the few streets around you, but
    > it's ok, worked well for me in London (I am always lost in London). On my
    > PDA though it comes up much better, still only a couple of streets but I
    > can actually read the road names on my screen.
    >
    > These are just phones not PDAs. Actually as I'm typing this I think the
    > first mobile I saw it on was a BT one (before they were O2).

    Precis : the bigger the screen the more you can see.

    Another world beater from BoreUsAll.

  4. Re: Google Maps for mobile with My Location (beta)

    Hadron wrote:

    >> Orange have had that for a long time, my users use it on their piddly
    >> little phones, the maps are small and only cover the few streets around
    >> you, but it's ok, worked well for me in London (I am always lost in
    >> London). On my PDA though it comes up much better, still only a couple of
    >> streets but I can actually read the road names on my screen.

    Interesting, I didn't know this and I've been with orange for 7 years -
    that's one thing I've found with orange, unless you regularly visit their
    web or wap sites they don't keep customers well informed about service
    changes.

    I'll have to give this a try now - I'm hoping this is a free service (my
    contract gives me free access to their own wap pages but charges once I go
    outside their network as I'm on their OVP clone of Virgin mobile's tariff)?

  5. Re: Google Maps for mobile with My Location (beta)

    On 2007-12-03, baary wrote:
    > The new "My Location" (beta) feature on Google Maps for mobile helps
    > you know where you are on the map, even if your phone doesn't have
    > GPS. Just press [0] to move the map to your approximate location. Save
    > time and tedious keystrokes finding where you are, what's around you,
    > and how to get there.
    >
    > This is a video of this application : http://news.1111mb.com/GoogleLocation.html

    Be sure you have unlimited internet..

    --