Tiny PCs use pico-ITX main board

,----[ Quote ]
| The systems will be available with STTech's own "customized, optimized
| version of Gentoo Linux," according to spokesman Ben Sharp. Sharp added,
`----

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS6395777363.html

Zonbu runs Gentoo as well.

Last week:

Hands On: Zonbu's Data Syncing Linux Notebook

,----[ Quote ]
| The $279 Zonbu Notebook is the latest offering from the Open Source computer
| company‚ÄĒfollowing up on the $99 Zonbu Desktop released earlier this year. The
| software is the same OS seen on the desktop, updated with a few new features
| such as real time data syncing. But the question remains: Does Zonbu find the
| sweet spot between solid performance and an entry level price? ¬* ¬*
|
| [...]
|
| Without the Zonbu Plan, the laptop will cost $479.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/zonbu-not...ook-327230.php

Related:

Zonbu Mini PC: Boom or Boo-Boo?

,----[ Quote ]
| With some refinement, and if Zonbu recieves enough capital, this PC could be
| a respectable purchase in the enterprise moreso than for consumers --
| consider the successes from Sun Microsystems and Wyse Technology -- those are
| thin-clients but, again, the Zonbu device could be a great compromise if
| properly supported. ¬* ¬*
`----

http://www.ecnmag.com/Zonbu-Mini-PC-...r-Boo-Boo.aspx

Zonbu GNU/Linux computer

,----[ Quote ]
| Zonbu is a very simple system. It is geared for users who may not necessarily
| care what operating system they are using, but someone who just wants a
| functional system. Zonbu does exactly that. The software is very
| straightforward to use. Zonbu is very environmentally friendly. Not only does
| it not require a lot of power to run, it also does not contribute to noise
| pollution. ¬* ¬*
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/zonbu

They made KDE look similar to the Vista (bar the 'features', e.g. DRM, BSoD).

$99 Zonbu Linux PC On Sale Today

,----[ Quote ]
| We've had our hands on these super-green Linux-and-Via powered babies for a
| little while, but now it's your turn. Even though the beta program is
| expected to run until September, Zonbu is confident that the hardware on 1.0
| is locked. That's why today, the company started selling the little box, but
| will cover the first three months of software support, technically a beta
| run, for free. ¬* ¬*
`----

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/zonbu/99-...day-279478.php

Linux net PC prototype gains favorable review

,----[ Quote ]
| PC Magazine reviewer Patrick Norton likes the Zonbox's low power requirements
| and complement of pre-loaded software, which includes Skype, the Banshee
| music jukebox, OpenOffice, and Firefox. YouTube video playback and mp3
| ripping are less than perfect, he reports. However, the Zonbox uses only 11
| Watts to play DVDs (external USB DVD player required). It can output to a
| 720p high-definition TV with "no problems," Norton found. ¬* ¬* ¬*
`----

Review: Zonbu, the $99 Linux Computer

| There's a lot to like about Zonbu, including its three-year replacement
| warranty. With your configuration information and all your data backed up in
| the Zonbu online storage space, when you plug in, you can restore your
| machine instantly. As an added plus, Zonbu is environmentally friendly; the
| company claims the computer uses a fraction of the electricity of a standard
| PC, which will cut down on your company's electricity costs. ¬* ¬*
`----

http://www.cio.com/article/120653

Zonbu to Roll Out $99 Linux-Based Computer This Summer

,----[ Quote ]
| There's a cheap computer on the way that undercuts them all, the $99
| Zonbu, due this summer in a silent-running form factor that's about
| the size of a paperback book.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/cheap-pc/...mer-258177.php

Gizmodo get their hands on Zonbu's remote-storage Linux PC

,----[ Quote ]
| Gizmodo have been playing with a halfway solution, Zonbu?s $99
| Linux PC, which runs open-source software on a fanless 1.2MHz
| platform but utilises Amazon?s S3 storage servers to save your files.
`----

http://www.slashgear.com/gizmodo-get...-pc-235408.php

Zonbu PC--the little, green rental machine

,----[ Quote ¬*]
`----

http://news.com.com/2300-1042_3-6197...7110&subj=news