662 resolutions, but only if you can find them

,----[ Quote ]
| Let's review how things worked with ODF.
|
| 1. OASIS ODF TC mailing list archives are public for anyone to read
| 2. OASIS ODF TC public comment list archives are public for anyone to read
| 3. OASIS ODC meeting minutes, for every one of our weekly teleconferences
| going back to 2002, are all public for anyone to read.
| 4. The results of ODF's ballot in ISO are public, including all of the NB
| comments
| 5. The comments on ODF from SC34 members are also public
| 6. The ISO Disposition of Comments report for ODF is also public for
| anyone to read
|
| [...]
|
| But what about the OOXML process? Every single one of the above items is
| unavailable to the public, and in many cases cases is not available even to
| the JTC1 NB's who are deciding OOXML's fate.
`----

http://www.robweir.com/blog/2007/12/...f-you-can.html

Related:

Microsoft’s secretive standards orgs in Former Yugoslavia
^^^^^^^^^

,----[ Quote ]
| Croatian laws keep its national body’s votes secret, so the only way for the
| Croatian public to find out how the process went would be if a board member
| illegally leaked information out of CSI. This is, of course, unlikely to
| happen. And the Serbian national standardization body is not officially
| formed, so those two votes were easy for Microsoft, and probably not only
| ones around the globe.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/...ml.html?page=1

Microsoft Tech Ed 2007: OpenXML

,----[ Quote ]
| He was asked "Why did Microsoft push OOXML through the "Fast Track" process
| instead of the standard ISO process? Wouldn't they get less resistance than
| faced now?" *
|
| His response was very frank: "Office is a USD$10 billion revenue generator
| for the company. When ODF was made an ISO standard, Microsoft had to react
| quickly as certain governments have procurement policies which prefer ISO
| standards. Ecma and OASIS are 'international standards', but ISO is the
| international 'Gold Standard'. Microsoft therefore had to rush this standard
| through. Its a simple matter of commercial interests!" * *
`---- * * * * * *^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2007...oft-tech-.html

Evidence of Microsoft Influencing OOXML Votes in Nordic States

,----[ Quote ]
| "This is how a standard is bought," Bosson wrote later. "I left the meeting
| in protest - pissed off."
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Evid...tes/1188335569

Microsoft Memo to Partners in Sweden Surfaces: Vote Yes for OOXML - Updated

,----[ Quote ]
`----