OT m4a ? not mp3 ? - Linux

This is a discussion on OT m4a ? not mp3 ? - Linux ; I found some music files and I wonder what the m4a files are. What player can I use to play them. I know this is nothing to do with Linux but many of you are knowing many persuasions. -- Leo ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: OT m4a ? not mp3 ?

  1. OT m4a ? not mp3 ?

    I found some music files and I wonder what the m4a files are. What player can I
    use to play them.
    I know this is nothing to do with Linux but many of you are knowing many
    persuasions.
    --
    Leo in Canada:
    They said "everyone uses microsoft" and so like the lemmings they marched into
    the sea.
    < running Linux >

  2. Re: OT m4a ? not mp3 ?

    Leo (Bing) Whiteway wrote:

    > I found some music files and I wonder what the m4a files are. What
    > player can I use to play them.
    > I know this is nothing to do with Linux but many of you are knowing
    > many persuasions.


    http://www.google.com/linux enter in the search; m4a

    Taking the third hit;

    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/170553


    --
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
    safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- B. Franklin, 1759

  3. Re: OT m4a ? not mp3 ?

    Lenard wrote:
    > Leo (Bing) Whiteway wrote:
    >
    >
    >>I found some music files and I wonder what the m4a files are. What
    >>player can I use to play them.
    >>I know this is nothing to do with Linux but many of you are knowing
    >>many persuasions.

    >
    >
    > http://www.google.com/linux enter in the search; m4a
    >
    > Taking the third hit;
    >
    > http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/170553
    >
    >

    Thanks Lenard.
    I saw that but I was looking for a player like xmms.
    I will find one. I was able to play a single tune in noatun but there seems to
    be a bug and it continues playing over and over till I shut down the Xwindow
    server. I will keep looking. It is only my curiosity. Not important.
    Thanks again for the response.



    --
    Leo in Canada:
    They said "everyone uses microsoft" and so like the lemmings they marched into
    the sea.
    < running Linux >

  4. Re: OT m4a ? not mp3 ?

    Leo (Bing) Whiteway wrote:

    > I saw that but I was looking for a player like xmms.


    Use a plugin for xmms;

    http://thegraveyard.org/xmmplayer.php

    http://fondriest.frederic.free.fr/realisations/


    --
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
    safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- B. Franklin, 1759

  5. Re: OT m4a ? not mp3 ?

    Lenard wrote:
    > Leo (Bing) Whiteway wrote:
    >
    >
    >>I saw that but I was looking for a player like xmms.

    >
    >
    > Use a plugin for xmms;
    >
    > http://thegraveyard.org/xmmplayer.php
    >
    > http://fondriest.frederic.free.fr/realisations/
    >
    >

    Thanks!
    Got xmms working with it.

    --
    Leo in Canada:
    They said "everyone uses microsoft" and so like the lemmings they marched into
    the sea.
    < running Linux >

+ Reply to Thread