Web Developers Prefers Windows - Linux

This is a discussion on Web Developers Prefers Windows - Linux ; By far... http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp...

  1. Web Developers Prefers Windows

  2. Re: Web Developers Prefers Windows

    "OK" wrote in message
    news:bfa3l35igvq6tgjanrpcv7tqtodj0ksrob@4ax.com...

    > By far...
    >
    > http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

    And who exactly, are W3Schools? An international data-gathering
    organisation? NOT!

  3. Re: Web Developers Prefers Windows

    OK writes:

    > By far...
    >
    > http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

    Jesus H. The expensive Mac has more market share than Linux. Not
    good. Something is wrong with the "advocacy" from this group.

    --
    La amistad es una igualdad armónica.
    -- Pitágoras. (582-507 A.C.) Filósofo y matemático griego.

  4. Re: Web Developers Prefers Windows

    "Gordon" writes:

    > "OK" wrote in message
    >>
    >> By far...
    >>
    >> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

    > And who exactly, are W3Schools? An international data-gathering
    > organisation? NOT!

    But they are a great resource for technical web developers. Read the
    subject/title Gordon. Personally I would expect Linux to have an
    unusually high % here since many more% of developers do use Linux than
    home users would.

    --
    La amistad es una igualdad armónica.
    -- Pitágoras. (582-507 A.C.) Filósofo y matemático griego.

  5. Re: Web Developers Prefers Windows

    On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 19:38:45 +0100, OK wrote:

    > By far...
    >
    > http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

    Wow. That's really interesting. Vista grew by over 1%, while Linux
    dropped by .1%

    w3schools isn't representative of the internet at large, but it does
    represent a good snapshot of web developers.

  6. Re: Web Developers Prefers Windows

    On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 21:01:34 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > OK writes:
    >
    >> By far...
    >>
    >> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

    > Jesus H. The expensive Mac has more market share than Linux. Not
    > good. Something is wrong with the "advocacy" from this group.

    While I don't disagree about this group, I would expect Mac usage to be
    higher on w3schools because so many web designers use Mac's.

  7. Re: Web Developers Prefers Windows

    wrote:

    >OK writes:
    >
    >> By far...
    >>
    >> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

    >Jesus H. The expensive Mac has more market share than Linux. Not
    >good. Something is wrong with the "advocacy" from this group.

    Yes something IS wrong with the so called advocacy from this group and
    if you go elsewhere you can see a totally and completely different
    reaction to the same exact SPAM that gets spewed in COLA every single
    day.

  8. Re: Web Developers Prefers Windows

    On 2007-12-01, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >> Jesus H. The expensive Mac has more market share than Linux. Not
    >> good. Something is wrong with the "advocacy" from this group.

    > While I don't disagree about this group, I would expect Mac usage to be
    > higher on w3schools because so many web designers use Mac's.

    The Mac is strong among technical people in general. As Paul Graham
    noted a while back, the top hackers favor Macs. The Perl core
    developers use Macs. I just read an interview with Grady Booch, and his
    setup is a Mac desktop, and a Linux server. Spend a while watching
    programs that feature scientists and engineers on PBS, or National
    Geographic, or Discovery, and keep an eye out for shots in their offices
    where you can see their desktop computers, and you'll see that there are
    a lot of Macs there (lot of Windows, too, and the occasional non-Mac
    Unix, which usually can't be narrowed down farther).

  9. Re: Web Developers Prefers Windows

    OK :

    News flash! Windows is popular! Whoopde****indoo!

    --
    Wait! You have not been prepared!
    -- Mr. Atoz, "Tomorrow is Yesterday", stardate 3113.2

    www.websterscafe.com

  10. Re: Web Developers Prefers Windows

    On Dec 1, 9:44 pm, flatfish wrote:

    > Yes something IS wrong with the so called advocacy from this group and
    > if you go elsewhere you can see a totally and completely different
    > reaction to the same exact SPAM that gets spewed in COLA every single
    > day.

    SPAM? Luv it wrapped around a big black ****. Even better to suck it
    out of a stinkin
    hot ass.

    --
    Are you gay? Are you lonely? I am. Drop me an email:
    Gary Stewart

  11. W3Schools.com Users Prefer Windows

    * OK fired off this tart reply:

    > By far...
    >
    > http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

    Subject made more factual.

    Actually, given the overall popularity of Apache and the LAMP stack
    in general, I think you've finally done it.

    You've nuked the aura of legitimacy of your w3schools citation once and
    for all.

    You've also shown just how much activity is going on outside the realm
    of the market.

    Good job, trollboi!

    --
    Tux rox!

  12. Re: Web Developers Prefers Windows

    * Hadron fired off this tart reply:

    > But they are a great resource for technical web developers. Read the
    > subject/title Gordon. Personally I would expect Linux to have an
    > unusually high % here since many more% of developers do use Linux than
    > home users would.

    On the other hand, Linux guys may just be more inclined to learn stuff
    without the aid of w3schools.com.

    --
    Tux rox!

  13. Re: Web Developers Prefers Windows

    * Erik Funkenbusch fired off this tart reply:

    > On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 19:38:45 +0100, OK wrote:
    >
    >> By far...
    >>
    >> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

    > Wow. That's really interesting. Vista grew by over 1%, while Linux
    > dropped by .1%
    >
    > w3schools isn't representative of the internet at large, but it does
    > represent a good snapshot of web developers.

    I seriously doubt it, given the popularity of LAMP. I doubt you or OK
    can come up with a real breakdown of the types of developer that employ
    w3schools, as opposed to not employ them.

    --
    Tux rox!

  14. Re: Web Developers Prefers Windows

    Linonut writes:

    > * Hadron fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> But they are a great resource for technical web developers. Read the
    >> subject/title Gordon. Personally I would expect Linux to have an
    >> unusually high % here since many more% of developers do use Linux than
    >> home users would.

    > On the other hand, Linux guys may just be more inclined to learn stuff
    > without the aid of w3schools.com.

    Sure. They "might". But you know and I know that they are as likely as
    anyone else to use these great free resources.

    --
    Best if used before date on carton.

  15. Re: Web Developers Prefers Windows

    flatfish wrote:

    > i took a business trip a couple of weeks ago

    Where's the proof?

    > and I was quite surprised at the number of Mac notebooks I saw at the
    > airport, on the plane, the hotel lounge and so forth.

    Where's the proof?

    > The Mac certainly seems to be gaining ground.
    > Even the Hotel wireless instructions included a section on setting up
    > the Mac.
    > I've never seen that before either.

    Where's the proof?

    > For the record, no Linux instructions were provided.
    >
    > Oh yea, I don't think I saw a single laptop/notebook running Linux.

    Where's the proof?

+ Reply to Thread